• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Conference 2011 - Sept 13, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

pramath

Banned
Isn't the Monster Hunter 3DS game all but confirmed at this point, especially after the confirmation that Dragon Quest X will in fact be an MMO on the Wii?

As much as I want it to be true, Ace Attorney 5 is most likely bullshit. (I want to believe though!)

The 3D Land rumor does make me wonder if Nintendo will actually announce any plans for demos on the eShop.

Boney

Banned
Lucky Number Seven Force said:
As much as I want it to be true, Ace Attorney 5 is most likely bullshit. (I want to believe though!)

The 3D Land rumor does make me wonder if Nintendo will actually announce any plans for demos on the eShop.
Shouldn't Takumi be busy with Layton vs Pheonix as well?

Beth Cyra

Lord_Byron28 said:
Yeah considering they killed Megaman Legends 3DS, I can't see why they would decide AA5 would be a better/more succesful title.
I was thinking more like the creator still didn't want to work on AA as far as I knew.

Legends probably was viewed as wouldn't sale well no matter what it was, AA5 probably would.

Lucky Number Seven Force said:

Reggie promised at E3 that we'd get demos by the end of the year, so we're definitely due for an announcement. Whether it actually happens, well, we'll see in less than a week.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
New game from WarioWare team.

I am not sure about this one. The main director, Goro Abe of Nintendo SPD1, was recently linked to the Wii Relax prototype still in development. The other main director, Ko Takeuchi of Nintendo SPD1, has been making the Rhythm Tengoku series.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
pramath said:
Isn't the Monster Hunter 3DS game all but confirmed at this point, especially after the confirmation that Dragon Quest X will in fact be an MMO on the Wii?
Each ticked box on the TGS rumor list gives more credibility to the remaining items, but they are all still rumors.

pramath

Banned
Princess Skittles said:
Each ticked box on the TGS rumor list gives more credibility to the remaining items, but they are all still rumors.
Ah, okay.
I'd still like to believe that it's mostly a matter of when, not if. That, along with Zone of the Enders, a new Pokemon, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem and maybe a Final Fantasy will give the 3DS too much firepower to be countered.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
But the 2ch poster who spread all this... is he reliable or no?
THIS is the real question to answer...

Ragus

Banned
Rumours like this make my head explode.

New Phoenix and Yoshi? Fuck me. I shouldn't have entered this thread. Now I willl be SO dissapointed when those games are fake :(.

Kafel said:
Is there an Animal Crossing announced ?Yes
Advance Wars ?No Fire Emblem ?No
I believe Intelligent Systems is busy making Paper Mario 3DS right now so maybe after that they will do Fire Emblem/Advance Wars. Although I'm sure there are enough teams or they are large enough to be working on multiple 3DS games or a Wii U game. I'm positive between Intelligent Systems and SPD1 that someone is working on a Wario Ware for 3DS/Wii U.

Freezie KO said:
Yoshi's Island DS was great. And, yes, it had the original level designer working on it. You're all crazy.
Honestly, the first time I played the game, it was at a kiosk where I couldn't hear any sound, and I really enjoyed it. But it just really killed me inside when I finally heard the game. The style of the music affected the way I perceived the game. It reminds me of something I read in an Iwata Asks, where Kondo initially rejected all of Yokota's music because he said "Mario is cool, not cute."

Shikamaru Ninja said:
I am not sure about this one. The main director, Goro Abe of Nintendo SPD1, was recently linked to the Wii Relax prototype still in development. The other main director, Ko Takeuchi of Nintendo SPD1, has been making the Rhythm Tengoku series.
Wii Relax is/was only a prototype, Rhythm Tengoku was already released, and there's still Sakamoto. Plus, it isn't like they can't do more than one thing at once. They also made a Wii U demo, which was shown at E3.

Basically, there's still hope. :)

pramath said:
Ah, okay.
I'd still like to believe that it's mostly a matter of when, not if. That, along with Zone of the Enders, a new Pokemon, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem and maybe a Final Fantasy will give the 3DS too much firepower to be countered.

If ZOE isn't announced next week, odds are it doesn't exist. But at least we know that Omori wants to make it.

pramath

Banned
Father_Brain said:
If ZOE isn't announced next week, odds are it doesn't exist. But at least we know that Omori wants to make it.
I'm all but sure that this game is being announced either at Nintendo's conference or at TGS this year. Kojima teased it, after all, and it was a very convincing tease.

Beth Cyra

pramath said:
I'm all but sure that this game is being announced either at Nintendo's conference or at TGS this year. Kojima teased it, after all, and it was a very convincing tease.
Yes but that is what makes me think it isn't real.

I really don't think Kojima would just put it out there like that if he was going to announce the game, plus after what MGS3 turned into I would be afraid anyway.

pramath

Banned
TruePrime said:
Yes but that is what makes me think it isn't real.

I really don't think Kojima would just put it out there like that if he was going to announce the game, plus after what MGS3 turned into I would be afraid anyway.

Kojima is known for being a bit of a tease, though, isn't he?

And as for MGS 3D, I think that was more a case of funding for the 3DS version being cut down, especially in light of the HD Collection. I'm not happy, but I wouldn't say that that game is indicative of Kojima's future endeavours on the system.

Beth Cyra

pramath said:
Kojima is known for being a bit of a tease, though, isn't he?

And as for MGS 3D, I think that was more a case of funding for the 3DS version being cut down, especially in light of the HD Collection. I'm not happy, but I wouldn't say that that game is indicative of Kojima's future endeavours on the system.
You could possibly be right. Thing is Konami and Kojima seem to be making a big push on Vita with the transfarring, Silent Hill and everything else. I just have a very hard time we will suddenly getting Zone 3DS announced next week. don't get me wrong I would love it and buy it, but i don't believe it will happen.

pramath

Banned
TruePrime said:
You could possibly be right. Thing is Konami and Kojima seem to be making a big push on Vita with the transfarring, Silent Hill and everything else. I just have a very hard time we will suddenly getting Zone 3DS announced next week. don't get me wrong I would love it and buy it, but i don't believe it will happen.
Well, either way, we're just a way from finding out, aren't we? =D

Maybe Nintendo did some money hatting...

TruePrime said:

I'm skeptical about ZOE 3DS as well, but there's no indication (yet) that KojiPro's "big push" on Vita includes any exclusive software. Transfarring is certainly a cool feature, but I hardly think it's a game-changing one.

Also, KojiPro has nothing to do with SH.

Boney

Banned
pramath said:
Well, either way, we're just a way from finding out, aren't we? =D

Maybe Nintendo did some money hatting...
heh

conference hype makes people's imagination go wild

Beth Cyra

Father_Brain said:
I'm skeptical about ZOE 3DS as well, but there's no indication (yet) that KojiPro's "big push" on Vita includes any exclusive software. Transfarring is certainly a cool feature, but I hardly think it's a game-changing one.

Also, KojiPro has nothing to do with SH.
I was talking more Konami specifially with core titles on Vita when I mentioned SH.

And I continue to feel that way. I don't think it has so much to do wth exclusive software more along the lines of ease of use between Vita/360/PS3.

Nothing from Konami shows any more support for 3DS to me then they did with DS and how they handled core properites for PSP.

[Nintex]

TruePrime said:
I was talking more Konami specifially with core titles on Vita when I mentioned SH.

And I continue to feel that way. I don't think it has so much to do wth exclusive software more along the lines of ease of use between Vita/360/PS3.

Nothing from Konami shows any more support for 3DS to me then they did with DS and how they handled core properites for PSP.
But Frogger!

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Why would you do that? said:
Wii Relax is/was only a prototype, Rhythm Tengoku was already released, and there's still Sakamoto. Plus, it isn't like they can't do more than one thing at once. They also made a Wii U demo, which was shown at E3.

Basically, there's still hope. :)

Iwata mentioned months ago that the team was still working on Wii Relax. They ran into a roadblock in getting it to be compatible with 95% of subjects to 100% of subjects. And the patents have shown activity in 2010 and 2011. It is still an important project if they could ever get it to work. Ryuichi Nakada and Goro Abe have been linked in its development.

Rhythm Tengoku Wii just finished. The international version is not even out yet. But what Wii U demo are you referring to by the way? Speculation was that Shield Pose matched their style.

[Nintex]

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Iwata mentioned months ago that the team was still working on Wii Relax. They ran into a roadblock in getting it to be compatible with 95% of subjects to 100% of subjects. And the patents have shown activity in 2010 and 2011. It is still an important project if they could ever get it to work. Ryuichi Nakada and Goro Abe have been linked in its development.

Rhythm Tengoku Wii just finished. The international version is not even out yet. But what Wii U demo are you referring to by the way? Speculation was that Shield Pose matched their style.
Or maybe the rumormonger thinks Wario Ware was made by Intelligent Systems?

TruePrime said:

Well, NLP is significant in Japan, and Lautrec looks promising. I'd agree that when it comes to bespoke titles, 3DS doesn't have any huge support from Konami yet, but neither does Vita.

I continue to think that both transfarring and multiplatform support for Vita are overhyped in terms of their ability to drive Vita hardware sales (particularly outside Japan), but we'll see.

Beth Cyra

Father_Brain said:
Well, NLP is significant in Japan, and Lautrec looks promising. I'd agree that when it comes to bespoke titles, 3DS doesn't have any huge support from Konami yet, but neither does Vita.

I continue to think that both transfarring and multiplatform support for Vita are overhyped in terms of their ability to drive Vita hardware sales (particularly outside Japan), but we'll see.
Fair enough, I'm hoping for some great support across both platforms because I will certainly own both and more great titles for each is only good for me.

I to have my doubts about Transfarring, doesn't seem like it will be a huge deal to me but then I'm not into Monster Hunter, DQ, or Tamogchi Collection (sorry about spelling that wrong) so I certainly haven't had any luck following huge trends in Japan the last few years.

Boney

Banned
So with the success of Lords of Shadow, the idea that Capcom will continue to churn out cheap 2d sequels on handhelds is probably over right?

I'm kinda torn on this. They're my guilty pleasure.

Boney said:
So with the success of Lords of Shadow, the idea that Capcom will continue to churn out cheap 2d sequels on handhelds is probably over right?

Lords of Shadow wasn't that successful.

I can't imagine the DLC sold well at all, either, being several months late, a bad value, and of poor quality.

Beth Cyra

Boney said:

Well I don't know about that. LoS was a success but it was in no way anything big and given it's sales the sequel could be in a bad way, not all but there was some pretty negative reaction to LoS so 2 could go either way.

Scrapping the DS line when they neither over lap in who makes them, story or even design seems like a huge waste.

hatchx

Banned
Boney said:

You mean Konami, and 2D Castlevania?

If we don't get a 2D sprite (in stereoscopic 3D) Castlevania this gen on 3DS I will cry. Dawn of Sorrow is one of the best games....ever.

Boney

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
Lords of Shadow wasn't that successful.

I can't imagine the DLC sold well at all, either, being several months late, a bad value, and of poor quality.
What ballpark are we talking about here? for both. And how'd the DLC work, since I didn't really follow it, just knew it existed.

hatchx said:
Dawn of Sorrow is one of the best games....ever.
*barfs*

sfried

TruePrime said:
Konami is aiming to make Lautrec give Layton a run for its money, compared to another previous failed attempt be them. I do think there is a big push on the 3DS front, but with more original IPs, which is a good thing.

I say this every time the subject is brought up, but put me in the No More Igavanias Ever camp. Any future 2D Castlevania should be handled by someone who actually knows what the phrase "level design" means.

Don't get me wrong - the Igavanias are still solid, fun games, but there have been six of them, and that's enough time for Iga to prove that he doesn't have the talent or vision to address the most fundamental flaws in the SOTN formula.

Beth Cyra

sfried said:
Konami is aiming to make Lautrec give Layton a run for its mobey, compared to another previously failled attempt. I do think there is a big push on the 3DS front, but with more original IPs, which is a good thing.
Thats cool and to some people even better, and to some point I agree. However new Ip support sometimes isn't as good as Core Ip support which so far seems to be more likely on Vita.

hatchx said:
Castlevania: DoS is my favorite Castelvania after SotN. It was great. Did you have a problem with it?
+1

DOS is why I got a DS in the first place. Amazing game and probably the second best Metriodvania behind SOTN.

I suspect most of these 'rumoured' games are fake...just hope the Yoshi one turns out to be true. Yoshi's Story on handheld VC and a Yoshi's Story 2 with Kirby's Epic Yarn visuals please :)

Eteric Rice

Stumpokapow said:
(not my ban) but it's worth noting that we do often prune off people who seem a little overly emotionally invested in stuff before big conferences like E3 or TGS/Nintendo in order to minimize the number of meltdowns and rage flameouts.

especially if they are people sniping at each other :p

But... They're so much fun. :(

sfried

TruePrime said:
Thats cool and to some people even better, and to some point I agree. However new Ip support sometimes isn't as good as Core Ip support which so far seems to be more likely on Vita.
I wouldn't say that as true for Lautrec. Some trailers already show some nice localization going on (already localization Day 1 is a huge indicator), and some features that differenciate it enough from the Layton series. In fact, if they go through with the November launch, they would've already beaten Level 5 at an intenational release for Layton 5 with a substatially quality title. That's a far bigger gamble than that other previous attempt of a Layton clone that they did.

With regards to core IP, I think its 50/50. Most likely they would also want to shoot for core IPs with the 3DS (if the rumored ZOE3DS is true) considering other publishers are doing it as well (Namco Bandai).

Beth Cyra

The Lamonster said:
+1

DOS is why I got a DS in the first place. Amazing game and probably the second best Metriodvania behind SOTN.
I just can't understand this, I enjoy the game, hell I loved Julius Mode, but overall the game just doesn't stack up compared to OoE.

GSR

Boney said:
Shouldn't Takumi be busy with Layton vs Pheonix as well?

True, but Motohide Eshiro (the producer for the AAI games) has said time and again that he would love to work on AA5.

That said the rumor is most likely bullshit. That said, we should know tonight, since Capcom usually announces new AA games in Famitsu - last year they announced AAI2 in the Famitsu just before TGS, they announced AAI in Famitsu before their AA Orchestral event, and I believe they announced AJ in Famitsu as well. It could be Nintendo asked them to keep it quiet until the conference, but I doubt it. But again, most likely bullshit.

If it isn't bullshit, I will
insert your own ridiculous act here in the vain hopes of later being wrong and getting avatar quoted on it, hey-ooooooo

Boney

Banned
hatchx said:
Castlevania: DoS is my favorite Castelvania after SotN. It was great. Did you have a problem with it?
I've gone on record plenty of times why I think this particular Metroidvania is pretty bad. First of all, it's Aria's sequel, which I think it's the only great one in the Igavania series, it introduced a bunch of neat concepts, like the soul system and mad combat more dynamic by kinking out the backdash. It has it's faults, but there's a lot of merit to it.

DoS looks better, and that's about it. They ruined the soul system, ruined weapon progression, have an awfully slow walking speed even my Castlevania standards. Levels are either long hallways with a few throwaway enemies, or towers with the throwaway enemies. New abilities required for progression are even used even worse than in past entries, constantly rellying on warp points, not to mention the abilities that aren't recycled from AoS are just touch screen crap. Basically it's slow as fuck and requires constant grinding.

It looks and sounds nice, and fighting bosses and the last secret areas was cool. Julious Mode is better than it's GBA counterpart as well, which is probably what makes the makes somewhat bearable to me.

At least OoE threw away any half assed attempt at level design, and introduced crap in it's place, but accompanied with a faster tempo and a more engaging battle system, along with a bit of challenge as well.

Father_Brain said:
Latest round of supposed leaks, originally from (I guess) someone on 2ch, via esuteru (link NSFW). It sounds mostly plausible and consistent with the late-July round of rumors, but of course, grain of salt. (edited based on translation from Policenaut on the SA forums follows, hat tip to Somnid):

Here's the original Japanese text, in the event any of the above was mistranslated:

Additional edit: There's something about God Eater for Vita alongside the above, so this would all become a bit more credible if that's in the Famitsu leakage tonight.

OMG YES PLEASE, AA5 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom