• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Not to mention they've put CRAY in giant letters on their tour? I think they'd know how it was spelled.
was just about to mention that.. at the concert it comes up on the screen like a sing-a-long lol "THAT SHIT CRAY"

Zekes!

Been meaning to give this album another listen, 'cause the first couple times I was massively disappointed, but I'm seeing them in Vancouver in December, which I'm beyond excited about. Not to mention I might be seeing Prince the day before; what an unbelievable weekend that's going to be.

hoos30

Just got back from the DC show.
Best $500 I spent in many years.
Started an hour and half late (was expect 2 hrs, so was that a bonus?)
Opened with HAM. Closed with Niggas in Paris/
Encore
2 hours, 10 minutes of hip-hop bliss in between.
Set, stages and video effects were top notch (the seemingly incongruent images fascinate me for some reason.)
No guests.
We stood up and danced two hours straight...tired as hell now.

And yes, the "tunic" that Ye was rocking actually worked for him.

DangerStepp

JackEtc said:
Has this been posted yet? Haven't really kept up with this thread.

Rz6LN.jpg

Pretty interesting.
Nope nope nope nope.

Whoever fabricated that was diggin' HARD on that one.

hoos30

JackEtc said:
Has this been posted yet? Haven't really kept up with this thread.

Rz6LN.jpg

Pretty interesting.

This would be the biggest retcon in entertainment history, but props to the person pushing it for creativity.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Encore
Set, stages and video effects were top notch (the seemingly incongruent images fascinate me for some reason.)
No guests.

Glad to hear I'm going to see them in Toronto Wednesday, (fuck yea!) anyone else with tixs for the TO show? I'm so unbelievably pumped.

Meier

I just fucking love this record..sigh, I wish there was a show here and/or that the Dallas and Houston shows weren't during the week. Just don't think I can afford it or work it in. Sucks.

Encore
No guests.

I really want to see this concert. I bet HAM bumped hard live.

Red_Man

Right here! I'm so pumped for this.
K9Fx2.jpg

Going to be insane, it's a shitload of money but I promised myself I'd see Kanye's next tour after missing Glow In The Dark, and he's with Jay-Z, can't say no to that. My next two days are pretty busy so they should fly by.

Yeah. This was fucking awesome. Definitely the best show I've ever seen. NIGGAS IN PARIS FIVE GOT DAMN TIME. Probably lost 10lb just right there :lol

Kanye is really something else damn. Some kind of mad genius.

Red_Man

TODAY!!!!!!Holy Fuck I'm so pumped its finally here.......:D :D :D :D

Yeah. This was fucking awesome. Definitely the best show I've ever seen. NIGGAS IN PARIS FIVE GOT DAMN TIME. Probably lost 10lb just right there :lol

Awesome to hear man, I'm ready to have my mind blown. I'll be taking a few pics / videos, I can possibly post later tomorrow if anyone's interested.

Ashhong

1 year anniversary of MBTDF guys.

How shit changes..

I was just listening to his GOOD Friday releases today. Oh man the memories...he really created a phenomenon with those releases. Had the hip hop community sitting at their computers every Friday night waiting for more. I hope he does it again.

TripOpt55

I saw the show in Atlantic City and I loved it up until they played Niggas in Paris five times in a row. I couldn't believe they kept playing it. I guess I would have just rather heard some other songs instead of just hearing that over and over. Not sure if I'm alone on that or not. Otherwise it was great.

parasight

Well the Toronto show ruled.

They only played niggas in paris 3 times for us though!

Best show ever. The pop after the first Niggas in Paris was RIDICULOUS. Man the whole night was amazing. Personal highlights were Can't Tell Me Nothing, All Falls Down, PSA, Big Pimpin and 99 Problems.

jcutner

I had side view seats in the 300s, so I couldn't see the screen
Anything worth noting happening on there? There were a few times where they stopped to look at the screen - what was being shown?

Red_Man

Hollllyyyyyy shiiiitttttt. Fucking UNREAL. Unbelievable show, one of the most entertaining things I've ever witnessed, Jay and Ye are amazing performers and together are incredible. I was shocked how good they sounded live. Incredible showmanship from both of them, I got over an hours worth of video, if I had known they were going to be that good I would have spent even more money on tickets, just a few side notes:

- Not a fan of BP3 but Jays performance on "On To The Next One" was incredible and one of my favourites of the night, that song was made to be performed on stage just awesome
- Kanye started a little side lecture during runaway that was pretty funny
- they played ni**as in Paris 3 fucking times, place went nuts too, I loved it but was upset they didn't play "Why I Love You' at all, its my fav from the album and they could have played it instead of a 3rd NIP but its all good
- some chick threw her bra on stage, and after the song Jay walked over picks it up, looks at it and pockets it smiling, and the crowd went nuts, pretty funny shit
- Some guy threw a Bluejays hat on stage and yeezy wore it for the last few minutes pretty cool
- The H.A.M. intro was fantastic and swagging to the max

If you have a chance to go and are decided GO, you won't regret it.

TripOpt55

Yeah, I was really hoping for "Why I Love You" as well. I thought the way they did the lights/stage or whatever during "On to the Next One" was great. Looked really cool.

Hollllyyyyyy shiiiitttttt. Fucking UNREAL. Unbelievable show, one of the most entertaining things I've ever witnessed, Jay and Ye are amazing performers and together are incredible. I was shocked how good they sounded live. Incredible showmanship from both of them, I got over an hours worth of video, if I had known they were going to be that good I would have spent even more money on tickets, just a few side notes:

- Not a fan of BP3 but Jays performance on "On To The Next One" was incredible and one of my favourites of the night, that song was made to be performed on stage just awesome
- Kanye started a little side lecture during runaway that was pretty funny
- they played ni**as in Paris 3 fucking times, place went nuts too, I loved it but was upset they didn't play "Why I Love You' at all, its my fav from the album and they could have played it instead of a 3rd NIP but its all good
- some chick threw her bra on stage, and after the song Jay walked over picks it up, looks at it and pockets it smiling, and the crowd went nuts, pretty funny shit
- Some guy threw a Bluejays hat on stage and yeezy wore it for the last few minutes pretty cool
- The H.A.M. intro was fantastic and swagging to the max

If you have a chance to go and are decided GO, you won't regret it.

Fucking lol to the max, I wish they were coming to Australia. Kanye is coming out in January but no jigga :(

Red_Man

Yeah, I was really hoping for "Why I Love You" as well. I thought the way they did the lights/stage or whatever during "On to the Next One" was great. Looked really cool.
Yea, probably one of the best looking performances on the night with Hov on the box with green lasers behind him and all you can see was his silhouette, so awesome.

Sai-kun

Banned
Yeaahhh my show is tonight! I can't fuckin wait! I wish I had floor tickets, but it'll be amazing to be there at all. can't fuckin wait :D :D :D

Sai-kun

Banned
Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know who's opening for them? It doesn't say on my ticket or on ticketmaster.

Sai-kun

Banned
Okay, all I gotta is that shit cray.

They played Niggas in Paris 8 fucking times, lmao. I was laughing so hard. Danced the whole way through though! Damn, that was an awesome concert!

The M.O.B

First episode for Voyr is out.

VOYR is your all-access pass to behind the scenes at Kanye West and Jay-Z's Watch the Throne tour. It's a daily video document of all of the actual hard work that goes into living life at Kanye's level.

It's not about models and bottles. It's about working hard, from the moment the sun rises, until you just can't push your body any further. If you want hype, just stay with the music mags and blogs that you already read. If you want to understand the reality of this business from the inside, come inside. We've got a seat for you.

Five episodes a week. Live from the tour. And you'll join a community of hustlers that understand how the industry works and are ready to take their involvement to the next level.

This is just the beginning. Join us.
Join Voyr Now

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
"If people have done things before, you should be able to surpass them. Im on a pursuit of awesomeness. Excellence is the bare minimum"

god damn awesome quote Kanye.

Looking back at some of the footage from toronto, I gotta say 'Where Im From', 'U Don't Know' and 'Nigga What Nigga Who' were my favorites.

During 'U Don't Know' when jay z throws up the ROC... and the whole crowd starts doing it... epic.:lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDHP7XsEavY#!t=4m0s

dopeee

GatorBait

Ok, so I caught the 12/12 show in L.A. I grabbed a floor ticket at a nice discount at the very last minute. I will let the pictures below speak for themselves for how close I was to the stage...

I'll reiterate what other posters have said in this thread: definitely the best concert I have seen IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, and one of the best nights of entertainment I have ever witnessed. The playlist was fantastic: they played so many more songs than I thought they would - it was damn near a 3-hour show - and the progression/flow of the setlist was fantastic. Impeccable production and stage effects, and incredible stage presence by Kanye and Jay. It definitely felt and looked like both of them were having a blast performing and they sounded amazing live.

Some highlights and random moments that still stand out in my mind:

- Lights dimming and that "Throne Music" interlude music coming on. That set off the crowd like an atomic bomb, and then they go right into HAM with each on a separate stage.
- The "video cubes" playing the barking pitbulls after HAM/before Who Gon Stop Me was oddly awesome. Sharks on the cube during Who Gon Stop Me was pretty dope, too.
- Kanye SPRINTING from one side of the stage to the other a couple times during one particular song (can't remember which one it was! Any help here?)
- Kanye stopping "All Of The Lights" twice until they turned on ALL of the lights - all kinds of flashing bulbs, screens, and lasers during that one.
- Kanye's serious face and gritting of his teeth prior to Stronger. Dude looked so focused and in the zone. It kinda freaked me out. Anyone else remember this?
- Beat dropped, Kanye going silent, and the crowd finishing off Heartless by singing the chorus.
- The "story" woven between Big Pimpin/Golddigger/99 Problems was pretty hype.
- Niggas In Paris NINE FUCKING TIMES IN A ROW. You'd think it would have gotten tiresome, but surprisingly the last time they played it was just as hype as the first one.

Pics:

380866_10101617487169561_2003951_84092438_233222844_n.jpg

380815_10101617458621771_2003951_84092282_1015532750_n.jpg

394635_10101617498337181_2003951_84092483_910329846_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom