• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | September 2013 | Token Indie Thread

FireCloud

Hey guys, just got confirmed, and since I've been following this thread since the Vita was released (day one purchaser and all 'dat), I figured this'd be the best place to post! Is there any chance someone can link me the friends list for Vitagaf, as I'd love to play SS or Killzone with you guys sometime.

Welcome to VitaGAF! I've been trying to work through my PS3 backlog as well. (Currently playing ZOE HD collection - post patch edition).

Edit: Sorry Chronology. I somehow merged your friends request in with a post from Carl about working through his backlog. (Man, I'm losing it) /edit

Feel free to add me to your friends list. My PSN id is the same as my GAF user name. Please let me know you're from GAF in the request.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Alright fine top of the page. Killzone Mercenary, Atelier Meruru Plus, Lone Survivor and get hyped for the Warriors games.

Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside that this tradition is still alive and kicking.

FireCloud

What on earth. This is the first I've even heard of the game. The premise (rouge-like dungeon crawler) sounds great. I need to look into this.

I've put so many hours into Rouge-likes on the PC (and various other servers back in college). I'd love if someone would port something like UMORIA (old style ASCII Rouge-like) to the Vita. I don't care much for the graphics as I've already created mental images for Nagas, jellies, orcs, etc. I would probably prefer if it was a direct port of the ASCII version (or supported it via an option mode). Bought Splunky but it didn't scratch my "rogue" itch.

Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside that this tradition is still alive and kicking.

One day I'll be a top-of-the-page poster... one day.

Aytrial

I dunno, i dont get why he thinks he's at the top of the page. He's nowhere near the top. It's not cute to trick people into reading your recommendations like that.

oh-you-93067263235.jpeg

omg_mjd

So, the 1st International VitaGAF Meetup on NYC

DkRQvOK.jpg

(Left to right): Clara, Shinriji, SheilaVOX, Sajj316 and Heckmanimation

#teamOLED
#teamERDINGER
#teamMARRIEDINNYC

Well this made my day. :) I know only one person IRL who has a Vita and I'm still trying to convince him to pick up Dynasty Warriors Next so we can play adhoc. I wish PSN had gifting like Steam so I could just send him the damn game.

--------

Giving Soul Sacrifice another shot. Made a new character and started the story over. Weird how it seems to look a bit better than I last remember. In any case, I'm having more fun with it now. Music is amazing and the environments are really something else. Combat is more enjoyable now because of the new offerings and black rites.

I'm glad the devs focused on making the game better with updates and free DLC. There's a definite improvement between the game I stopped playing months ago and the game I'm playing now.

$h@d0w

Giving Soul Sacrifice another shot. Made a new character and started the story over. Weird how it seems to look a bit better than I last remember. In any case, I'm having more fun with it now. Music is amazing and the environments are really something else. Combat is more enjoyable now because of the new offerings and black rites.

I'm glad the devs focused on making the game better with updates and free DLC. There's a definite improvement between the game I stopped playing months ago and the game I'm playing now.

The latest patches improved the quality that the textures rendered at. The difference is pretty huge.

Takao

Banned
Inafune on how Soul Sacrifice has done:

Yes, exactly -- both we and Sony are happy with how Soul Sacrifice has done so far, hence the Delta version coming next year. We have even greater hopes that that game!

Of course if you compare the numbers to games for other systems they might not seem so large, but as a Vita title it's done pretty well, and is one of the best-selling games for the system. Also, we put in extra effort with Soul Sacrifice to go after some of the other asian markets, which Sony seemed to appreciate.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What's the deal with Delta anyways? Is it an expansion to the original Soul Sacrifice game? A DLC? An all-new original game? An upgrade? Or what?

What of us who have purchased the original Soul Sacrifice? Do we have to buy it again as a stand-alone game? Or do we just have to buy it as a DLC? Or what?

I'm kind of interested in the curry game, but at the same time, it just sounds way too tacky for me to take it seriously. The fact that curry is a big part of it kind of turns me off to the whole game. Not ruling it out yet though- I want to see more of it first.

Are there any videos about the game? I am struggling to find any..

Takao

Banned
What's the deal with Delta anyways? Is it an expansion to the original Soul Sacrifice game? A DLC? An all-new original game? An upgrade? Or what?

What of us who have purchased the original Soul Sacrifice? Do we have to buy it again as a stand-alone game? Or do we just have to buy it as a DLC? Or what?

“[Soul Sacrifice Delta] is not a complete sequel,” he said. “However, it’s not like a 1.5. It’s probably something like a 1.7 or 8,” he continued, laughing. Instead, Delta represents more of a spin on the original, an iteration of what's already been done.

He later noted that “This kind of handheld action game requires a lot of adjustments. So just putting out one or two titles is not going to be enough.” As such, “We need to put out more and adjust more, put more tuning to it to make [the series] complete.”

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/09/26/keiji-inafune-wants-to-make-soul-sacrifice-into-a-series

It'll be available as a standalone release, but it remains to be seen if it'll support an upgrade path for those that purchased the original release.

Shengar

Inafune on how Soul Sacrifice has done:
Asian market, and I thought Sony have forget this market exist in the first place.
If it's merely incremental upgrade to the original and those who have purchased it are forced to buy it again as a stand-alone game.... I would be very much displeased,

Sony should take Namdai's Artorias of The Abyss route here. Make it have PS+ exclusive deal or bust.

Are you sure he's a Fellow Gaffer and not a pirate?

o_O

o_O

Anyway, that LE for the Western Seimadou is pretty hilarious.

I'm back from TGS and should probably post some stuff about that, but I've got Sen no Kiseki sitting beside me. If you've got any burning Vita related questions from TGS be sure to let me know and I'll answer what I can. If you haven't seen the videos I took during TGS though (mostly Vita TV stuff) feel free to have a look :)

FireCloud

o_O

o_O

Anyway, that LE for the Western Seimadou is pretty hilarious.

I'm back from TGS and should probably post some stuff about that, but I've got Sen no Kiseki sitting beside me. If you've got any burning Vita related questions from TGS be sure to let me know and I'll answer what I can. If you haven't seen the videos I took during TGS though (mostly Vita TV stuff) feel free to have a look :)

Been a while. Good to see you around again. Enjoyed your new YouTube videos.

Did you get a chance to compare the new Vita screen to the current one? While I'm happy with my OG black Vita (though I'd love one of those dark blue ones that were released in Japan), I'm sure there are many here who would like to know how the new Vitas stack up.

Edgeward

Dokuro is a neat puzzle game. Some of the pictures describing the new mechanics introduced were not explained very well and the original control of transforming sucks. Luckily I figured out you can switch the control to just R instead of tapping fairly early on

leroidys

There's supposedly an import.

But, like Laughing Banana, I have no interest in buying a new game that has a huge amount of content recycled from the original game.

I would if the game is good. Like, I just bought an entire console to play Wind Waker again.

Going back to SS bores me to death though :(

I don't know what happened, I loved it when it came out, but I just can't get myself back into it now.

Novocaine

I would if the game is good. Like, I just bought an entire console to play Wind Waker again.

Going back to SS bores me to death though :(

I don't know what happened, I loved it when it came out, but I just can't get myself back into it now.

Honestly it depends on how much is different. If the graphics get an overhaul, and enough new content is put in then I will be OK with re-buying.

Shoyz

Even if PSO2 came over SEGA might pull a Project Diva and screw over Vita players again, I'd just play the Japanese version or give up at this point, personally. :(

Completely forgot about Omega ... Although we use to call him captain magic gloves though.

He is pretty decent in content delivery, as of late though he hasn't been uploading many videos.
He recently uploaded some great tgs footage and the VitaTV is doing a great job of upscaling the games on the big screen.

Twinduct

He is pretty decent in content delivery, as of late though he hasn't been uploading many videos.
He recently uploaded some great tgs footage and the VitaTV is doing a great job of upscaling the games on the big screen.

Yeah his channel is weird in that other than his weird sound effect voice (which I think he claimed was aping Japanese TV Shows) his stuff is pretty decent. Although him being South African always freaks me out.

Yeah his channel is weird in that other than his weird sound effect voice (which I think he claimed was aping Japanese TV Shows) his stuff is pretty decent. Although him being South African always freaks me out.

And here I was thinking he was an Aussie haha.

So what did Namco with Pacman? I'm lost :eek:

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I didn't realise vita has the same auto-download feature that PS3 has. I 'bought' katamari and SFxT last night on my iPad, put gem in the download queue and they were ready to install on the via this morning when I woke up :)

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I didn't realise vita has the same auto-download feature that PS3 has. I 'bought' katamari and SFxT last night on my iPad, put gem in the download queue and they were ready to install on the via this morning when I woke up :)

I believe that is a PS+ only feature

I just got a Vita earlier, with P4G and 2x $50 PSN cards ready to dive into the IGC. Never owned a PSP, so this will also be my first time with Dissidia/Tactics Orgre/Valkyria Chronicles 2/whatever can grab. It also helps that I have the Wipeout 2048 DLC due to owning HD/Fury

Hoo boy. Am I in for a ride or am I in for a ride?

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I just got a Vita earlier, with P4G and 2x $50 PSN cards ready to dive into the IGC. Never owned a PSP, so this will also be my first time with Dissidia/Tactics Orgre/Valkyria Chronicles 2/whatever can grab. It also helps that I have the Wipeout 2048 DLC due to owning HD/Fury

Hoo boy. Am I in for a ride or am I in for a ride?

If your account is in the US, don't forget about the spend 50 get 10 back deal. Good time to get on board.

Top Bottom