• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LittleBigPlanet USER LEVELS thread.

kittel

ecierif said:
-Finishing level gives you a music looping device that he created. I don't know how it works, but it seems potentially useful.

music looping devices are easy. flipper piston a mag sensor with mag switch one-shotting notes arranged at the bottom. It's even easier if you want percussion. Percussion (repeating notes typically) can be done either by piston or generator.

Ranger X

Sweet. I will continue to update the thread since people (and myself) still have interest in it. I will start making pictures this week-end.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Ranger X said:
Have you guys pretty much tried all the levels I featured in this thread? (list is updated in the first post)

Do you want more updates? I have alot of stuff to make further updates if it's worth it.

I still need to check out a lot of the levels in the OP, but that's no reason not to add more! :)

BillyBobX

Here are a couple levels that I think are awesome and I haven't seen posted in this thread yet:

CastleQuest.png

CastleQuest / Skauskallen
- A co-creation with geosautus. Save the princess from the terrible dragon!
- Western Europe

cq1.png
cq2.png

Repairmenofthespace.png

Repairmen of the space! / Stephammer
- After-Sales Service in the space. Repair the spacecraft before going into space.
- Western Europe

rots1.png
rots2.png
rots3.png

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Umm...WOW @ Repairmen of the space. Just managed to get the spaceship working, and..WOW at that whole sequence!! When I started the level, I was thinking "nice little vehicle", but it just gets better and better..

CastleQuest is also very nice..some nice little touches (like
the chimney on the kings roof :D
)

edit - lol, noooooo
i fell out of space and back onto a cloud below...no way to get back up into space except to restart the level :|

Thrakier

Wow! Feels great. Banned for half an year for bumping and old funny thread with an smiley. Now I'm back. :)

I tried to make a better Basketball Level when the one on the cool levels frontpage. Try my "Real_Basketball" Level to use the physics engine and actually throw the ball. :) Go over my Account. I also put a GAF in the name of the level so you should find it this way. :)

I'll add pics later.

TommyT

I should finally be getting into LBP this weekend, what are some of the levels people are playing a lot of? I really want to get into some multiplayer action!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
BillyBobX said:
Here are a couple levels that I think are awesome and I haven't seen posted in this thread yet:

CastleQuest.png

CastleQuest / Skauskallen
- A co-creation with geosautus. Save the princess from the terrible dragon!
Ohh, can't wait.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
OMG, just finished Repairmen of the space and HOOLLLY CRAP THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Seriously...fack me....that's a pretty amazing piece of work. So much about it I love. So impressive. It's like space legos brought to life.

Play it!!!

Ranger X

TommyT said:
I should finally be getting into LBP this weekend, what are some of the levels people are playing a lot of? I really want to get into some multiplayer action!

You guys should play my 2 player level. :p

(see first post of previous page)

kittel

TommyT said:

If you're up for scorched-earth type gameplay, try ERADISACK

I've nearly ruined my level by making some small tweaks and additions in it's newest version so I've decided to take some pics in case something happens. :lol

Here is a shot of all 3 toy shelves from a pulled back perspective:

34pxfd1.jpg

This one is of the left side base of the Christmas Tree and the structure leading up to the star:

258pbhv.jpg

...and your mom wears combat boots:

2iiwsax.jpg

I know I should start making a new level... but my creative juice is very low currently.

EDIT: And look at that thermometer... no wonder my level is breaking *sigh*. I get a message whenever I add something telling me not to add shit hahaha.

I made a little level based on the end of Harry Potter 4, called LittleBigHangelton Graveyard. It's my first level ever so it's not terribly complicated or clever, or hard at all for that matter, but I think any Potter fan would enjoy it. If you're not I'm not incredibly sure I'd recommend it but either way, if you want to find it search for my PSN ID, "zombiepulse", and I also found that searching "Goblet" works too. The icon is a skull that appears in England (don't know why I put it there).

sorry I didn't do the formatting thing but I have a lot of crap to do now since I worked on the level about all day :lol

Morbo

Given the state of LBP's search, this thread has been a lifeline. My new level is now up:

Sadsack's Struggle by DrLethargy located in New Zealand.

Please play, enjoy and provide feedback.

Ranger X

Looks like my first level got reviewed on the workshop! Fair review on top of that.
:)

The Banana Horde 1.4

Author: RANGERZERO
Players: Author and I recommend single player

Pros:
-nice setpieces and environments.
-secrets!!!!
-boss battle
-challenging

Cons:
-difficulty on some platforming mechanics may frustrate

-Category: Platformer
-Time Completed: 12 minutes
-Prizes?: Yes
-Difficulty: Med to Hard depending on skill level and persitance

----------------------------------------------
-Gameplay: 8.5 Out of 10 Stars

Ok there is a lot to cover here. i am going to start with a raw first impression and then evolve into my final impression of this level. It took me a number of attempts to finish this level. I was so frustrated at one point that I did not want to finish. It seemed as though the level was built and then it was found to be easy. So in an effort to dial up difficulty, the timing and height of the bounce platforms were tweaked to the point of borderline infuriation. The swing section is just far enough to give you that UNCHARTED "he's gonna fall off the cliff this time" feeling and then later a camera angle is purposefully ambiguous. (this tirade was not meant to bash the level this was meant to be honest and raw FIRST IMPRESSION for the sake of fairness, and I LOVE A GOOD CHALLENGE!! I ONLY MENTION THESE FACTS BECAUSE I DON'T WANT THIS TO STOP SOMEONE FROM GETTING THROUGH THE LEVEL)

OK THAT SAID, after playing this over and over I finished it. I then went back to play it again to review it once I had calmed down. The timing in the opening sections is tough. You have to be on it. Play this level enough, and most other levels that embrace this mechanic will seem like cake. This will make you a better player. Once you get the hang of it, the level isnt that hard, its actually quite fun and so is the boss battle at the end. There is a nice digging section that makes good use of the grab function and then the secrets using that function are a nice touch as well. There is also a nice vehicle section that also used the grab controls to give a y axis to navigate through a gas hazard. Not technically spectacular but creative and enjoyable. This level reminds me, however vaguely, of NES games back in the day. Ones that I could never complete because of my short temper and refusal to stay at the plate long enough to figure out how to do something and rather blame the creator. SO, MORAL OF THE GAMEPLAY SECTION. PLAY THIS LEVEL AND BECOME A BETTER PLAYER< MAYBE A BETTER PERSON? lol

I don't know about that last part, but this level is worth getting good at and definitely worth playing!!!!!

-----------------------------------------
-Graphics: 8 Out of 10 Stars

The sights in this level are simple and easy on the eyes. The enemy bees were a nice looking, hand crafted addition to a green meadow like opening. I can't say that the graphics are mind blowing, but they do represent what they mean too. There are some texture mixtures in the stone sections there that create a nice contrast to each other and make the cave sequences much more fun to look at. Blood stains on a killer wheel were also a nice touch. It never feels empty on screen, if when you are bouncing through the clouds. I have one issue with a camera angle in the middle section where you cannot really see what you are walking on. I am not hitting the score this, its just a pet peeve worth pointing out. I understand the use of camera angles hiding certain things, but when it is fire dangers and I die over and over it gets annoying. In retrospect and on closer exam, you can almost see but you have too look close and slow down, so i am not faulting the score.

---------------------------------------
-Sound: 8 Out of 10 Stars

The ambient music is for the most part relaxing, which is good when it comes time to negotiate the more time based jumps. Later in the Boss section it becomes more intense as it nears and offers a good sense of the environment. The sound effects added are few, but the ones that are there help. Overall the sound is used to ease the player through the opening and then builds to the climatic Boss fight.

---------------------------------------
-Originality: 8 Out of 10 Stars

There are some setpieces used from the story levels, i.e. bananas and an apple, but other than that everything else is original so far as I could tell. Using grabs to unleash secrets was a nice concept that seemed original to me as well as the grab for digging. I realize these things may not be new to some but they were to me. The story was on the light side but still an original concept. The vehicle section was awesome and original and one of my favorite sections of the level.

----------------------------------------------
-Final Score: 8.125 Out of 10 Stars

So I went back and played this level again to check my work see if I missed anything and I nearly aced it. Well nearly until that Boss who is so seemingly simple he gets me every time. More importantly, I really enjoyed it. Yes the timing on some things were still tough, yes I swore at the TV a bit, but there is something special about this level. This level should be played and the author should be watched for future works. SO thanks for creating it and I am glad I had the pleasure to review it.

NICE WORK!

h3ro

Ranger X said:
Looks like my first level got reviewed on the workshop! Fair review on top of that.
:)

Your Hearted Level list is a gold mind. Shot you a friend request, see you online!

Speevy

Banned
After a few weeks of work, Little Nemo: The Dream Master - Tribute Level has been published.

This was truly a labor of love. If nothing else you'll see that. I hope you enjoy it.

Jaroof

Don't know if it's been posted or not yet, but everyone try "Here Be Dragons (HARD)" and it's by TheGreatLeftSock.
This is definitely the hardest level on LBP that I have played. Me and my friend tried to beat it for the last three days, and finally beat it after about the 15th or so try.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

dk_

Aenima said:
Just to let you guys know that Motocross Fest - Day 3 is realy. Its the last day of the festival. I was inspired in the Evel Knievel Stunts, its at night, and theres fireworks and explosions. Also, a new bike color to gain at the end of the level.
Nice, I really like your levels.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Speevy said:
After a few weeks of work, Little Nemo: The Dream Master - Tribute Level has been published.

This was truly a labor of love. If nothing else you'll see that. I hope you enjoy it.

I don't know the game this is paying tribute to, but is this really your favourite game ever? :lol

Kudos for all the object rewards. Most levels don't have enough of them.

You need a spawner for the vehicle thingy you grab though. Cos if you get killed on it, that's pretty much it, you have to restart the level :(

gofreak said:

You should play my levels. Every one I've made has had at least 9 cool, useful onjects to win. :D

Just search for my PSN name: MaxKomRoger

Patchwork's Kingdom
Gregarious Garden
Tokyo Takedown

Ranger X

Speevy said:

I will play that. That was a great NES game.

Speevy

Banned
gofreak said:
I don't know the game this is paying tribute to, but is this really your favourite game ever? :lol

You need a spawner for the vehicle thingy you grab though. Cos if you get killed on it, that's pretty much it, you have to restart the level :(

It comes back...

And yeah, Little Nemo is a great game. I'm surprised more people haven't played it.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=H_K4bJ0lPL0

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Wii Will Rock U said:
You should play my levels. Every one I've made has had at least 9 cool, useful onjects to win. :D

Just search for my PSN name: MaxKomRoger

Patchwork's Kingdom
Gregarious Garden
Tokyo Takedown

I will do this.

Speevy said:
It comes back...

And yeah, Little Nemo is a great game. I'm surprised more people haven't played it.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=H_K4bJ0lPL0

I can appreciate this more now. I knew practically nothing of the game!

I guess I wasn't patient enough to wait for the vehicle to repsawn :| I kept trying to jump hoping there might be a gap in the electrified stuff underneath so i could run under it to the end or something..

Speevy

Banned
Btw gofreak, try to complete my level if you can.

Heart if you truly enjoy it, and feel free to offer some feedback.

I've been going over and fixing things that are broken, but I'm afraid to rearrange ledges and stuff because it tells me I'm starting to overheat.

Level: Big T and Friends
PSN: xBerserker

Did some more updates over the weekend. More Multi-Sackperson friendly now.

Speevy

Banned
Ranger X said:
Is there any chance for Disney stuff on the VC?

I need to replay that game seriously.

We've discussed this before, and it probably wouldn't be worth their while.

The game is based on the movie (as you know), while the movie is based on a comic that's around a century old.

I doubt it was a game that sold very well either, nor do I think the movie was very successful.

Ranger X

Speevy said:
We've discussed this before, and it probably wouldn't be worth their while.

The game is based on the movie (as you know), while the movie is based on a comic that's around a century old.

I doubt it was a game that sold very well either, nor do I think the movie was very successful.

Bah, it's not like I can't find the cartridge. All used stores have at least 3 copies around here. I'll grab it there.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Speevy said:

I got to some area way in the far right bottom, went up a ramp and found a key. I flew the key around with a jet pack and had no clue what to do. I gave up. I think you need to arrows or something, the level is huge and has a lot of blank space. I hearted it though.

I also played Tokyo Takedown, but once I got to the part where the platform throws you into the air and it looks like you have to climb over the fire I died and quit. I assume this part is possible, but I got burned every time I tried to swing over a bit.

Making a level hard or over challenging isn't to fun IMO, the best levels are sometimes the ones you can get through on the first try and never die. The same is true in the story levels, the Bunker is not a fun level ;)

Speevy

Banned
DeadGzuz said:
I got to some area way in the far right bottom, went up a ramp and found a key. I flew the key around with a jet pack and had no clue what to do. I gave up. I think you need to arrows or something, the level is huge and has a lot of blank space. I hearted it though.

Thank you. That's good advice.

Ranger X

DeadGzuz said:

I also played Tokyo Takedown, but once I got to the part where the platform throws you into the air and it looks like you have to climb over the fire I died and quit. I assume this part is possible, but I got burned every time I tried to swing over a bit.

Making a level hard or over challenging isn't to fun IMO, the best levels are sometimes the ones you can get through on the first try and never die. The same is true in the story levels, the Bunker is not a fun level ;)

I think there's something for everybody. It's perfectly find to make harder levels for people than want to play harder levels.
I like it if a level is hard but fair. With nice checkpoint placement. It's not easy to make a hard level that is fun but it still is possible.

I personally was impressed by the bunker and loved it. Amazing level. I think it's a great example of some hard level that isn't "cheap".

Speevy

Banned
Okay, level has been republished with arrows in harder-to-understand sections.

I also turned some of the static platforms in Nemo's house into rotating platforms, because I clearly didn't use the bolts enough.

Am I the only one who doesn't like using spinning circles as a means of getting upward? I just think it's lazy.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Ranger X said:
I think there's something for everybody. It's perfectly find to make harder levels for people than want to play harder levels.
I like it if a level is hard but fair. With nice checkpoint placement. It's not easy to make a hard level that is fun but it still is possible.

I personally was impressed by the bunker and loved it. Amazing level. I think it's a great example of some hard level that isn't "cheap".

Speaking of hard! You are the one with the platform that throws you up into a cloud, making it really hard to get over to the left cloud to move on. I have yet to finish your level :)

I don't mind challenging, but people use the four life spawner and then really hard section, use the eight or an infinite one!

Speevy

Banned
DeadGzuz, will you retry my level now?

I'll tell you how to get past that part.

Use the mouse with the hammer to break the blocks, then go down, grab the key and go straight up.

Then move to the left.

From there, use the clouds to propel yourself upward to the sky. From there it's self-explanatory.

I even threw in a Nightmare King boss, although he doesn't do anything except shoot gas. Ran out of thermometer.

Thanks to all who have been playing my level so far. I fixed many of the bugs that were in it and I made the fire jumping part a lot easier for DeadGzuz. :D It was possible before but now it is pretty simple. All you have to do is swing and quickly grab.

Also, the ending is now tightened so there are numerous ways to survive it and not just one.

Anyway, keep playing Tokyo Takedown guys! I really like your feedback and hearts! :D

This really and truly is my favorite level I have created yet.

DeadGzuz

Banned
I'm at work now, but maybe at lunch, for sure tonight.

Speevy, the one time I played it I fell down the far left side to the bottom, below the key. Was that a legit path or did I skip something?

Ranger X

DeadGzuz said:
Speaking of hard! You are the one with the platform that throws you up into a cloud, making it really hard to get over to the left cloud to move on. I have yet to finish your level :)

I don't mind challenging, but people use the four life spawner and then really hard section, use the eight or an infinite one!

lol. I will give you the trick. First of all I clearly noticed that momentum based jumps is the thing LBP players are having the hardest time with. For me they are easy when you "catch" the physics law of the game. ( I also remember Sackhouette's frogs!)

Anyhow, on the platform you're talking about there, you need to run on it a little bit and jump before it reaches its top height. If you jump straight up without giving you that lateral momentum you will indeed bump your head on the cloud. :)

I finally have time to properly introduce my level and I also feel proud to do it now that it is actually completable and the bugs are fixed!

Tokyo Takedown / MaxKomRoger

-Great variety of platforming, vehicles, exploring. Challenging but not impossible.
-Lots of gifts for completing the level, acing it, and collecting everything.
-Multipathways, humor, and a stellar ending.
-Japan

Photo2.jpg

Photo3.jpg

Also, note for everyone, this is my first real try at a level. My first two were testing grounds and this is really the fruit of my labor. I hope EVERYBODY plays it!

Ranger X

DeadGzuz said:
I hate that cloud, I'll try your trick. I also think that first bee who poops lightning is a cheap bastard :)

You can't have it easier than that. It shoots only in ONE layer. The first bee shots in the middle layer, the second one in the front. This means you basically can walk carelessly the whole first part of the level in the back layer. :p

EDIT: Also, just another note... All the yellow platforms can be grabbed. This might help you stabilise yourself and decide when to jump without bumping everywhere for nothing.

Ranger X

Wii Will Rock U said:
You're not gonna play my level again? I edited it just for you and made it easier. :(

You want some heart attack? I didn't find time to play your level yet. :p
I'm so overwhelmed with levels to play. Don't worry, we'll play yours too.

( I even thought I would have time to update this very thread during the week-end and I couldn't)

Ranger X said:
You want some heart attack? I didn't find time to play your level yet. :p
I'm so overwhelmed with levels to play. Don't worry, we'll play yours too.

( I even thought I would have time to update this very thread during the week-end and I couldn't)

Well okay, I just thrive on feedback and hearts. :lol

PSN ID: AkirasCrow
Level Title #1: The Elemental Cauldron
Level Title #2: Welcome to the Layer Cake Sackboy

Please give them a try. I would appreciate GAF's feedback. Thank you for the oppertunity.

--AkirasCrow

Top Bottom