• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal opens over northen Norway

Status
Not open for further replies.
kottila said:
Actually they are all saying it was a russian missile, but the Norwegian military don't want to give us all the details because they want to keep their tracking specs secret.

and it's a well known Russian training place:

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/artikkel.php?artid=596494

That's quite an interesting missile... in fact, it acts sssoooo differently from every other missile known to man that it would have to be called something else....

SmokyDave

This whole thing makes no sense to me. I'm not buying the missile theory at all, that looks nothing like one would expect from a missile launch, failed or otherwise. I'm still thinking it's a hoax.

kottila

TheExecutive said:
That's quite an interesting missile... in fact, it acts sssoooo differently from every other missile known to man that it would have to be called something else....

Evidence for failed missile launch:

Hundreds, maybe thousands of sightings all over Norway with pictures and film.
The leading astronomers, and meterologists treating it as real and saying its a failed rocket launch
The army won't go in to detail about what they know, but they do say it fits with the Russians planned activity and that they usually send up a lot of rockets from there.
Second largest Norwegian channel has anonymous source in the Russian army verifying that there was a failed missile launch that time.

Evidence for fake:

TheExecutive and SmokyDave (internet experts) thinks the missile dosen't act like it should

kottila

SmokyDave said:
This whole thing makes no sense to me. I'm not buying the missile theory at all, that looks nothing like one would expect from a missile launch, failed or otherwise. I'm still thinking it's a hoax.

Why would every national media and agency in Norway fake a big light spiral that could be seen over half the country?

TheExecutive said:

Are you serious ? :lol

It's 100% real that it was there, many many photos and videos taken and lots of norwegian saw it. It is probably a failed missile launch, many missile experts has already been out (in tv and newspapers) saying that a missile can do that and that they have seen it many times.

KHarvey16 said:
Kind of like...an out of control, failing rocket!

except it has a specific pivot point...

EDIT: Ok, so if it is a failed missile launch does anyone have video of one acting like this? There must be some out there, right?

Xdrive05

KHarvey16 said:

That does seem to reduce the likelihood of the rocket theory. On the other hand, the "two stage" explanation seems pretty good to account for the two different patterns created there. But then there's the way the smoke looks (coloration) which seems intuitively NOT like how a rocket would look. But that's only intuition.

I know it's a tall order, but it would be great to be able to replicate the effect using a rocket intentionally, to see if it would be similar. That could put the whole thing to rest, with SCIENCE!

KHarvey16

Xdrive05 said:
That does seem to reduce the likelihood of the rocket theory. On the other hand, the "two stage" explanation seems pretty good to account for the two different patterns created there. But then there's the way the smoke looks (coloration) which seems intuitively NOT like how a rocket would look. But that's only intuition.

I know it's a tall order, but it would be great to be able to replicate the effect using a rocket intentionally, to see if it would be similar. That could put the whole thing to rest, with SCIENCE!

There's a video here of a simulation that produces the same pattern we've seen in a few videos from different locations. As for the two different patters, if the rocket is failing it's not going to act like a rocket...it's out of control and can certainly change direction.

Keep in mind the time of day and the altitude also. I've seen some amazing pictures of rocket launches that only catch the sunlight at altitude.

SCIENCE apparently doesn't know SHIT since all these supposed "scientists" can't figure out what this simple thing IS!

Where are the big brains of the world? This should be easy cheesee. Where's ol' Hawkings at? Wheel his ass out there and inform all us morons what the deal is.

science..... HA

Calidor

wikipedia to the rescue!

Astronomers rejected that the light could be associated with the aurora borealis or northern lights. The Russian Ministry of Defence later confirmed that a failed launch (due to malfunctioning of the third stage) of a Bulava missile has taken place from the Dmitry Donskoy submarine, located in the White Sea.

Jonathan McDowell, an astrophysicist at the Harvard–Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, suggested that the unusual light display occurred when the missile's third stage nozzle was damaged, causing the exhaust to come out sideways and sending the missile into a spin.

Norwegian celebrity astronomer Knut Jørgen Røed Ødegaard commented that he first speculated that it was a fireball meteor, but rejected that possibility because the light lasted too long. He also pointed out the the area over which the light had been observed was exceptionally large, covering all of Northern Norway and Trøndelag. Another possibility is a rare, never-before-seen Northern Lights variant

SmokyDave

kottila said:
Evidence for fake:

TheExecutive and SmokyDave (internet experts) thinks the missile dosen't act like it should
Yup, sounds about right to me. I don't know how much you know about failed missile launches (I'm an expert)....

No but seriously, I don't have a fucking clue what that thing is / was. I just think if it was a failed missile launch then it made for some incredible pictures.

Purkake4

Banned
TheDoppelganger said:
SCIENCE apparently doesn't know SHIT since all these supposed "scientists" can't figure out what this simple thing IS!

Where are the big brains of the world? This should be easy cheesee. Where's ol' Hawkings at? Wheel his ass out there and inform all us morons what the deal is.

science..... HA
So the aliens didn't take you away?

I wonder why...

shuyin_

Banned
So i'm reading page 2 of this thread two minutes ago. My tv is on and there's news right now. I just saw it on tv. Apparently, it's from an explosion of a russian rocket. Which the russians denied. Anyway creepy :D

Fenomen_over_Borras_340152c.jpg

We can go home now.

Mar

Yeah, looks like this thing is done and dusted. The russians have said it was their missile.

Damn, what a show though. Australia should invite that sub over to Sydney on New Years Eve to fire a few of those things during the fireworks.

NotWii

Banned
More wood for the fire from the woo woo world

LONDON: An experiment
that fires powerful radio waves into the sky has created a patch of 'artificial ionosphere', mimicking the uppermost
Twitter Facebook Share
Email Print Save Comment
portion of Earth's atmosphere.

According to a report in Nature News, the experiment is called the 'High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program' (HAARP), near Gakona, Alaska.

It has spent nearly two decades using radio waves to probe Earth's magnetic field
and ionosphere.

One of the most obvious results of the experiments is that they can create lights in the sky that are similar to auroras, the glowing curtains of light that naturally appear in the polar skies when electrons and other charged particles pour down from Earth's protective magnetosphere into the upper atmosphere.

There, at an altitude of about 250 kilometres, the charged particles collide with molecules of oxygen and nitrogen and make them emit light, similar to the process inside a fluorescent light bulb.

HAARP's high-frequency radio waves can accelerate electrons in the atmosphere, increasing the energy of their collisions and creating a glow.

The technique has previously triggered speckles of light while running at a power of almost 1 megawatt1.

But since the facility ramped up to 3.6 megawatts - roughly three times more than a typical broadcast radio transmitter - it has created full-scale artificial auroras that are visible to the naked eye.

But in February last year, HAARP managed to induce a strange bull's-eye pattern in the night sky.

Instead of the expected fuzzy, doughnut-shaped blob, surprising irregular luminescent bands radiated out from the centre of the bull's-eye, according to Todd Pedersen, a research physicist at the US Air Force Research Laboratory in Massachusetts, who leads the team that ran the experiment at HAARP.

The team modelled how the energy sent skywards from the HAARP antenna array would trigger these odd shapes.

They determined that the areas of the bull's-eye with strange light patterns were in regions of denser, partially ionized gas in the atmosphere, as measured by ground-based high-frequency radar used to track the ionosphere.

The scientists believe that these dense patches of plasma could be gas that was ionized by the HAARP emissions.

"This is the really exciting part - we've made a little artificial piece of ionosphere," Pedersen said.

"The novelty is not seeing the aurora - it's the fact that we can actually create enough high-energy electrons to form plasma," said Mike Kosch, chair of Experimental Space Science at Lancaster University, UK.

"It shows something completely different and new that we hadn't expected. We didn't know we could do that from a radio array on the ground," he added.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...re-using-radio-waves-/articleshow/5086874.cms

haarpabsez.gif

http://wwwppd.nrl.navy.mil/whatsnew/haarp/haarpabsez.gif

HRMMMMMMMM...........

And what do we have in Norway? About 10km away from where the Norway spiral showed up? And almost exactly where the blue spiral connects to the Earth
heatsite.jpg

http://e7.eiscat.se/groups/Documentation/BasicInfo/Heating/heatsite.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ionospheric_heater
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EISCAT

And EISCAT's power usage went way up during the period the spiral appeared...
EISCAT.png

http://dynamite.eiscat.uit.no/power_consumption/Plots/FP03343248042.png

HRMMMMMMMMMMM

-viper-

Banned
HOLY SHIT ITS THE FUCKING ILLUMINATI THE FUCKING CUNTS THEY'RE GONNA DESTROY THE WORLD IN 2012 BY TESTING THEIR WEAPON AND AND ACCELERATE THE NEW WORLD ORDER FUUUUUCK.

tl;dr: we're fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom