• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - September 2011

blu said:
A bit of advice from somebody who's sent to the watery grave numerous gadgets, but also has managed to save a few:

The moment you realise the device has gotten wet, power it off immediately, and remove any sources of power like a battery (not pertinent to apple products).

If it's clear-ish water that got over the device - bury the device in a bow of freshly unpacked rice, and place the bow in a dry place. Keep it there a couple of days. Chances are the device will work no problem after that.

If it's some sugar-ish pop drink, first start with sponging off as much of the liquid as you can, disassembling the device if possible. Then remove the display and speaker parts and rinse with clean water the PCB parts that look most dipped (yes, you read that right - rinse). From there on, follow the rice bow procedure. If you cleaned all sugarish liquid properly, chances are the device will work.

If it's sea water (i.e. water with lots of NaCl in it) - but very, very expedient with the powering off and disconnecting of any power sources. From there on, follow the sugar pop procedure (including the rice bow endspiel). At the end, if you were lucky, you might have the device still working. Or not.
Yea my mom suggested the rice thing, said thats what saved her cell phone and as of right now it works!

FUCK YES!

Now I just gotta hope it keeps working! But it works! Even in sleep mode!

And yea I usually misspell alot. My last post in particuler (yea I probably misspelled that aswell) was really bad because I was typing quickly and after I was done I pressed "post" and stormed out've the room.

But it works!

M3d10n

WiiRevolution1 said:
Yea my mom suggested the rice thing, said thats what saved her cell phone and as of right now it works!

FUCK YES!

Now I just gotta hope it keeps working! But it works! Even in sleep mode!

And yea I usually misspell alot. My last post in particuler (yea I probably misspelled that aswell) was really bad because I was typing quickly and after I was done I pressed "post" and stormed out've the room.

But it works!
Isn't it too early for you to be using it? Even if it seems to work, you should still remove the battery and let it dry in the rice for a day or two.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Mockingbird said:
What's the diff between this version and the Turbo Gfx 16 version? Which is better?

The TG16 version is much closer to the original arcade version. The Master System version was ported by Compile (the Puyo/Aleste/MUSHA guys) and contains an exclusive secret level, and is quite impressive for the hardware, but it can't hang with the TG16 version.

Here's hoping Nintendo pulls an Ambassador Games and decides to drop Four Swords on there sometime tomorrow.

Unlikely, but one can hope.

donny2112

AbsoluteZero said:
Here's hoping Nintendo pulls an Ambassador Games and decides to drop Four Swords on there sometime tomorrow.

Unlikely, but one can hope.

Um, it's coming out today (the 28th). No hoping required?

Father_Brain said:
Nintendo is releasing some new action-puzzle game - involving pulling groups of blocks forward - on the JP eShop next week. Maybe it'll actually come to the US in a year or two.

Nintendo/Intelligent Systems

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!! INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS + ACTION PUZZLE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should know these guys for Link N' Launch (fantastic game) and Panel de Pon (AKA GREATEST PUZZLE GAME OF ALL TIME!!!)

FUCK YOU NOE!!!! I NEED THIS NOW!!!!!!!!

Shame it's one player only (a race mode would've been cool), ah well. It has a puzzle creator though! (Just in case 250 puzzles weren't enough :D )

Can someone make a full list of 3DS download games available on the JPN eShop? The disparity is completely ridiculous!

Never mind, looks like someone else has done the job for me! http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3dsware/complete_list_of_the_japanese_downloadable_3ds_software

Bolded are the games that have been released outside Japan (Note that the EU and US have NO exclusives - outside of Super Mario Land 2, which will probably come to the JPN very soon anyway)

JPN eShop 3DS Download games.

2011.06.07 - ARC STYLE: soccer!! 3D
2011.06.07 - Othello 3D
2011.06.07 - 3D Classics Excitebike
2011.06.07 - 3D Classics Xevious

2011.06.07 - 3D Block Kuzushi (3D Breakout)
2011.06.07 - Nikoli no puzzle Sudoku
2011.06.07 - Hyu-stone
2011.06.07 - Mystery P.I.: kieta film
2011.06.17 - Pokemon rittai zukan BW (3D Pokedex)
2011.06.21 - Itsu no ma ni televi (video stream download channel, requires Japanese IP)
2011.06.29 - @SIMPLE DL series Vol. 1: THE misshitsu kara no dasshutsu: fushigi na Cmadonald burger-hen (Room Escape)
2011.06.29 - Rabi Laby Gaiden - Witch's Cat
2011.07.13 - 3D Classics Urban Champion
2011.07.13 - Nintendo Video
2011.07.20 - Nikoli no puzzle Bijutsukan
2011.07.27 - Ginsei shogi 3D (Silver Star Shogi 3D)
2011.07.27 - Picross e
2011.08.03 - Let's! Golf 3D
2011.08.03 - Nikoli no puzzle Kakuro
2011.08.04 - Nazo Waku Yakata - oto no ma ni ma ni - Daiichiwa 'Hikaru me'
2011.08.10 - ARC STYLE: Jazzy BILLIARDS 3D Professional
2011.08.10 - 3D Classics TwinBee
2011.08.10 - VectorRacing
2011.08.24 - Nikoli no puzzle Slitherlink
2011.08.31 - Nikoli no puzzle Nurikabe
2011.09.07 - Ikimonozukuri Creatoy (Picture Lives)
2011.09.14 - Nikoli no puzzle Heyawake
2011.09.14 - Dot Eater New Pickdun
2011.09.14 - Okiraku Bowling 3D (Family Bowling 3D)
2011.09.28 - Nikoli no puzzle Masyu
2011.09.28 - Okiraku Tennis 3D (Family Tennis 3D)
2011.10.05 - Hiku osu (Push and Pull)
2011.10.05 - Otegaru Puzzle Series - Alice to mahou no trump (Alice and the Magic Cards)

JPN eShop VC games

2011.06.07 - Super Mario Land (VC Gameboy)
2011.06.07 - Downtown Special - Kunio-kun no jidaigeki da yo, zenin shuugou (VC Gameboy)
2011.06.07 - Phantasm (Avenging Spirit) (VC Gameboy)
2011.06.07 - Baseball (VC Gameboy)
2011.06.07 - Hoshi no Kirby (Kirby's Dreamland) (VC Gameboy)
2011.06.07 - Rockman World (Mega Man) (VC Gameboy)
2011.06.08 - Zelda no densetsu - Yume wo miru shima DX (Link's Awakening) (VC Gameboy Color)

2011.06.15 - Ikari no yousai (Fortified Zone) (VC Gameboy)
2011.06.15 - Qix (VC Gameboy)
2011.06.15 - Donkey Kong (VC Gameboy)
2011.06.22 - Gameboy Gallery (G&W Gallery) (VC Gameboy)
2011.06.22 - Double Dragon (VC Gameboy)
2011.06.29 - Golf (VC Gameboy)

2011.06.29 - Red Arremer - MAKAIMURA GAIDEN (Gargoyle's Quest) (VC Gameboy)
2011.07.07 - Pac-Man (VC Gameboy)

2011.07.13 - Takahashi-meijin no boukenjima II (Adventure Island II) (VC Gameboy)
2011.07.20 - Tennis (VC Gameboy)
2011.08.10 - Trade & Battle: Card Hero (VC Gameboy Color)
2011.08.24 - Heracles no eikou: Ugokidashita kamigami (Glory of Heracles) (VC Gameboy)
2011.08.31 - ZOIDS Zoid densetsu (VC Gameboy)
2011.09.07 - Side Pocket (VC Gameboy)
2011.07.27 - PITMAN (VC Gameboy)
2011.07.27 - Dr Mario (VC Gameboy)
2011.08.03 - Alleyway (VC Gameboy)
2011.09.14 - BurgerTime Deluxe (VC Gameboy)
2011.08.03 - Nekketsu koukou Dodgeball-bu: Kyouteki! Dodge Soldier no maki (Super Dodgeball) (VC Gameboy)
2011.09.21 - Mario no picross (VC Gameboy)
2011.09.28 - Metroid II RETURN OF SAMUS (VC Gameboy)
2011.10.05 - Radar Mission (VC Gameboy)

Fucking racists...

enishi

Just noticed that there are Art Style games in Japan Wiiware shop (Lightstream is just released early this month)

Which one is better? I had a GBA version of Dotstream and it was nice one.

Thank you for your advice

mclem said:
I wonder if something similar might happen with the PSX titles on PSN and Dimensions on XBLA?

That's already happened. A bunch or Irem games on the PSN got delisted just recently.

It's actually probably related (Irem is having severe financial difficulties at the mo, probably sold off some of their licenses)

Gaspode_T

Just in case you want to know the name of that puzzle game is essentially translated as "Push & Pull" or something, "Hiku-Osu" (Pull/Push)

Gaspode_T said:
Just in case you want to know the name of that puzzle game is essentially translated as "Push & Pull" or something, "Hiku-Osu" (Pull/Push)

Fits in nicely with Link N' Launch. It'll probably be called Push N' Pull in the US (and then NOE will make a stupid name change that makes no sense lol)

zigg

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Nuclear Muffin said:
Can someone make a full list of 3DS download games available on the JPN eShop? The disparity is completely ridiculous!
Not sure disparity is the right word. It would've been disparity if we were lucky. As it is now, 3DSWare exists on its own Japanese plane of existence, above and beyond NOA and NOE. Outside of 3D Classics, Japan actually have the service, while we have a goddamn press release.

sfog

zigg said:
Shush, you. :p

EDIT: Did it come with a larger update?

I got it a few hours ago (in NA) and didn't have to system update on my DSi XL. I am at the latest (1.4.3U) firmware as far as I know.

Roto13

blu said:
Not sure disparity is the right word. It would've been disparity if we were lucky. As it is now, 3DSWare exists on its own Japanese plane of existence, above and beyond NOA and NOE. Outside of 3D Classics, Japan actually have the service, while we have a goddamn press release.
And a Hot Shots Golf clone.

zigg

sfog said:
I got it a few hours ago (in NA) and didn't have to system update on my DSi XL. I am at the latest (1.4.3U) firmware as far as I know.

Sorry, I meant shop update, not system update. Doesn't seem so in any event.

Got my free Zelda Four Swords and had a ton of fun playing it with my brother in law.

No SML 2 for me tomorrow since I already own the cart, I'm hoping they release Catrap too.

watershed

Banned
I have a quick question I'm hoping someone will respond to. Is it worth it to make a new thread about Colors!3D for the 3ds based on some official comments on their facebook page regarding the 3ds version's features and stuff? I just saw some stuff they discussed in their back and forth with fans that seems like new info to me.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
El Pescado said:
No Monster Hunter, Theatrhythm, Hatsune Miku, or Bravely Default trailers... :(
Well, Hatsune Miku will probably never leave Japan, and the other games haven't been announced here yet.

And yeah, the trailers will also be available on the American eShop.

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - SEPT. 29, 2011

Sept. 29, 2011

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop and Nintendo DSiWare™
The Legend of Zelda™: Four Swords Anniversary Edition - Nintendo 3DS™ and Nintendo DSi™ owners can download this multiplayer anniversary edition free of charge for a limited time. (For Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi)

Nintendo eShop
Super Mario Land™ 2: 6 Golden Coins™ - In his greatest Game Boy™ adventure, Mario™ faces off against his evil rival Wario™, who has captured Mario Land and turned it into his private playground.Help Mario search new worlds for the six golden coins that unlock the gate to Mario's castle. (For Nintendo 3DS)

WiiWare™
escapeVektor™: Chapter 1 - Vektor has been locked inside your Central Processing Unit. He is not sure how he got there or how long he has been there. Work with Vektor to help him escape the evil clutches of the CPU. (For Wii™)

Nintendo eShop
Nintendo has some exciting games coming to the Nintendo 3DS system in the coming months. To whet your appetite, we'll soon be adding downloadable 3D trailers for Super Mario™ 3D Land, Kid Icarus™: Uprising, Mario Kart™ 7, Luigi's Mansion™ 2, Animal Crossing™, Paper Mario™ and Mario Tennis™ to the Nintendo. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Also new this week:
• Crystal Caverns of Amon-Ra (Nintendo eShop / Nintendo DSiWare)
• Bugs 'N' Balls (Nintendo eShop / Nintendo DSiWare)
• Blue Man Group Sports (Nintendo Video™) (available today at 3 p.m. Pacific time)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit:http://www.news2know.net/nintendo/downloadSt98PwT3q.php

In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS™ system, to the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Thursdays.

The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service and features games, applications and videos in both 2D and 3D. Users can add money to their virtual wallets using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo 3DS Prepaid Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card.

The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that Wii, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds/systems/dsi.

No Fire Emblem 3D trailer though.

I was hoping to finally get my hands on Anima: Ark of Sinners today but I guess something happened with the game's release I guess. I sent an e-mail to the producer's to see what the deal is.

So I guess Mario Tennis is confirmed for the west now?

I'm still not too worried for Fire Emblem, it'll come. I'm saving my worry for Culdcept. :(

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
El Pescado said:
No Monster Hunter, Theatrhythm, Hatsune Miku, or Bravely Default trailers... :(
Yay! The less I see of the games I friggin care about, the better!

Top Bottom