• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Symphonic Legends Orchestral Nintendo Concert LIVE STREAM | September 23

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I still like last year's concert more, but it's good regardless. I'd like more upbeat themes next, like Super Mario World or Yoshi's Island for instance. I'm not the hugest fan of orchestrated Zelda themes, especially the 3D ones, but I hope, I hope there will be some Link's Awakening, and Zelda 1/3 and maybe 2.

How can a theme that its have been remixed to the nauseam and beyond (zelda theme and medleys) can top an awesome rendition of the Super Mario galaxy soundtrack.

I would have leave it as the ending, but lets see if they surprise us.

Darktails

faceless007 said:
I heard "Nobuo Uematsu" What's going on?
Benjamin Nuss (the pianist from the DKC Aquatic track) is being interviewed about his first album which contains his interpretations of various Uematsu-titles.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
So why does this poop all over Video Games Live???? We live in the wrong country!

I'm not an expert for these classical arrangements, but for me this was one of the best performances of this kind I ever listened too. It's better than last years event imo, maybe because of my emotional relation to these tracks, which seems to be slightly more intense than to the S-E tracks.

"Blabla uematsu is so awesome, and kinda nice, i met him and he was so awesome blabla, i wrote a song that is about him as a person blabla"

snap0212

clipboard19f.jpg

HOT CHICK!

My boss pulled me away to diagnose some stupid error right at the beginning of the mario arrangement and I got back right at the tail end of it :\

wrowa

I was afraid that Galaxy might be boring since the game was already orchestrated.

I was so wrong. Absolutely gorgeous.

Earl Cazone said:
"Blabla uematsu is so awesome, and kinda nice, i met him and he was so awesome blabla, i wrote a song that is about him as a person blabla"
I think he's a pretty good interviewee actually. Makes some good points why videogame music is (or can be) just as good as any other music.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Mister Zimbu said:
My boss pulled me away to diagnose some stupid error right at the beginning of the mario arrangement and I got back right at the tail end of it :\
Couldnt you have paused it?

Alright, before the amazing happens again, someone please hit me with a link. None of the ones in the op are working, and the radio one has damn near halted altogether

Anyone got a time remaining count on the intermission? Can't wait to get back to the orchestra.

This piano arrangement is strange, too many dissonant chords for my taste...

SpacePirate Ridley said:
How can a theme that its have been remixed to the nauseam and beyond (zelda theme and medleys) can top an awesome rendition of the Super Mario galaxy soundtrack.

I would have leave it as the ending, but lets see if they surprise us.

I'll admit I'm wondering this a bit too. I love me some Zelda music but we've heard the overworld, dark world, saria's song etc remixed so much over the years. Really hope they chuck in Dragon Roost, Faron Woods, Midna's Desperation and Spirit Tracks overworld theme in there, new stuff like that would be really nice rather than the same old, as much as I love those songs.

Top Bottom