• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you circumcise your children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
wmat said:
Circumsized or uncircumsized, it's the same cheese. The difference is that the circumsized crowd auto-rubs it into their underpants, and thus all over their lower region, while the uncircumsized crowd has a nice containment strategy built-in.

I know exactly what you are on about. :D

Dude my fingernails get this icky stuff under them sometimes should I just pluck my nails out one by one and get it over with? Cut-gafs make me lol with their foolishness.

cut

-viper- said:
Yes. I am too (I think?).

NO to dick cheese. Reading it up just makes me want to vomit. Eurgh.

Also, without foreskin, it's easier to keep your dick in a more hygienic state.
You really don't know anything about dick cheese.

Piano

Banned
Okay, I really don't understand - what is this nonsense about cut people needing lube to masturbate? I'm cut and I never even knew people actually did that shit.

Seriously...what the hell? Why on earth would you ever need lube?

Skilletor

TheEastonator said:
Okay, I really don't understand - what is this nonsense about cut people needing lube to masturbate? I'm cut and I never even knew people actually did that shit.

...feels...good...man?

grumble

snap0212 said:
Exactly. That's why bringing up "All the people I know....etc" doesn't matter and is not worth a damn. ;-)

edit: That's also why I mentioned that for every girl that likes one I'll find another one that likes the opposite.

That's not really true. Studies show repeatedly that in North America at least, women who prefer circumcised men far outnumber those who prefer uncircumcised men. It's somewhere around a 4:1 ratio. In other countries this changes; in Europe for example, where circumcision is less common, women are more divided on the issue. It tends to track fairly closely to the prevalence of circumcised penises in the population. So it's not really the same thing.

As for masturbation, anyone who thinks that circumcised males need lubrication to masturbate are outright stupid. That's not true.

As for any medical reasons to do circumcision, there aren't really any compelling ones. The numbers do indicate that once a successful circumcision has been done that issues with your dong are lower, but that is partly off-balanced by the (small) risk of the procedure itself. It ends up being about 1.8:1.2 uncircumcised to circumcised penile complication risks (cancers, infections, phimosis, etc), but this is off of a low total number.

As for STDs, being circumcised does significantly reduce infection rates for some STDs such as HIV, but for most of them there is no difference found so far.

This debate is fairly silly in general. Both types of dongs work fine. Most people will violently defend the 'awesomeness' of their equipment, but it doesn't really matter much.

Oh, and last, the sensitivity issue. Of men circumcised as adults, 1/3 reported increased sexual pleasure, 1/3 reported no change, and 1/3 reported decreased.

Actually, last-last. There was a study where women reported better orgasms from uncircumcised men, but it recruited its participants in an anti-circumcision newsletter...

So why not just be happy with your dong? Both ways work. As for me, I'll circumcise my kids.

TheEastonator said:

How do you masturbate without lube? Spit works in a pinch, but proper lube works better. Worst thing to happen is when the spit/lube starts drying just as you reach the point of no return... Sucks when that happens, if you take your hand off your dick to apply more lube/spit then you might miss the climax, and if you continue it doesn't feel great cause it's kinda dry :lol

Yeah there's definitely an advantage for uncut dudes IMO.

.la1n

snap0212 said:
For every girl you find that thinks uncircumcised penises are nasty I'll find one that says the opposite. Why does anyone even bring up that argument? It proves nothing...

I'll see your bluff and challenge you to do just that.

not really, in fact I don't really care. I am sure their are plenty of girls who prefer one or the other or don't give a crap, just stating my experience

Futureman

Naked Snake said:
How do you masturbate without lube? Spit works in a pinch, but proper lube works better. Worst thing to happen is when the spit/lube starts drying just as you reach the point of no return... Sucks when that happens, if you take your hand off your dick to apply more lube/spit then you might miss the climax, and if you continue it doesn't feel great cause it's kinda dry :lol

I'm cut and I think I've masturbated w/ lube like 4 of the 1,334,743 times I've beat my meat.

S1lent

Naked Snake said:

Pretty sure most cut dudes can beat off without lube without issue. I know that's the case for me.

D-Fens

Lionheart1337 said:
Dude my fingernails get this icky stuff under them sometimes should I just pluck my nails out one by one and get it over with? Cut-gafs make me lol with their foolishness.

cut

in your analogy, circumcision entails cutting your penis completely off. actually, cutting your fingernails is somewhat closer to circumcision, so... :lol

Piano

Banned
Naked Snake said:

What in the shit? How rough are you being down there that you need lubrication? Sounds like you masturbate with the ferocity of a power sander.

Flo_Evans

Uncut american.

Not doing it to my sons.

Not going go go over all the reasons, no-one listens to either side anyway. :lol

edit: as far as wanking it goes, yeah you don't need lube, but it makes it so much better. Cut or not why not use it? :lol

S1lent said:
Pretty sure most cut dudes can beat off without lube without issue. I know that's the case for me.

Technically I can too, but I find it so unpleasant that I don't even consider it an option when you have ready-to-use make-do lube at your disposal at any time (saliva, and precum helps too).

Fun fact: I discovered how to properly masturbate when I was 18 years old. Never successfully did it before that :lol

Edit: Come to think of it, perhaps I do have a relatively nonsensitive penis? Because I never, ever came from receiving a blow job, and it can take me a considerable time to do so during intercourse. But I always attributed those to psychological reasons, because I can probably come in less than a minute by using my hand...

Piano

Banned
Naked Snake said:
Technically I can too, but I find it so unpleasant that I don't even consider it an option when you have ready-to-use make-do lube at your disposal at any time (saliva, and precum helps too).

Fun fact: I discovered how to properly masturbate when I was 18 years old. Never successfully did it before that :lol
Wait, what?? Maybe I'm doing it wrong? But it feels so good...goddamn I'm confused.

TheEastonator said:

I definitely need lube...but maybe that's a skin condition more than anything else.

Hey guys, while you're at it, get your daughter a boob job. Its aesthetically pleasing and all the guys I know make fun of girls that have small/natural chests.

NeoUltima

TheEastonator said:

I guess it depends on how much cut you are. I don't need lube either. (though it feels better with it of course)

TheEastonator said:
Wait, what?? Maybe I'm doing it wrong? But it feels so good...goddamn I'm confused.
I think some people are confused by the different ways to masturbate. I basically think there are two main ways two masturbate
google "ways to masturbate" and be amazed at the many number of ways :lol
. One way requires lube and that is to create friction between your hand and your dick (basically, pretend your hand is the pussy). The other way does not require lube (and doesn't make any sense to use lube) and is to create friction between the skin on your dick and the muscle underneath the skin.

Both feel pretty good but most times I'll go with the latter because it's easier/cleaner.

amirite?

CrayzeeCarl said:
The other way does not require lube (and actually is pretty difficult to do with lube) and is to create friction between the skin on your dick and the muscle underneath the skin.

amirite?

1Zasi.gif

tiff

Banned
crimzonflame said:
Hey guys, while you're at it, get your daughter a boob job. Its aesthetically pleasing and all the guys I know make fun of girls that have small/natural chests.
no they don't

Piano

Banned
CrayzeeCarl said:
I think some people are confused by the different ways to masturbate. I basically think there are two main ways two masturbate
google "ways to masturbate" and be amazed at the many number of ways :lol
. One way requires lube and that is to create friction between your hand and your dick (basically, pretend your hand is the pussy). The other way does not require lube (and doesn't make any sense to use lube) and is to create friction between the skin on your dick and the muscle underneath the skin.

Both feel pretty good but most times I'll go with the latter because it's easier/cleaner.

amirite?

Oh yeah, see, I never considered the first way since it seems like it'd be super rough. And since my hand, you know, isn't a vagina.

Herbspicesoy said:
I'm surprised that people mention dick cheese in an age where people shower once or twice a day.
Sounds like some medieval fairytale parents would tell their curcimsized son to feel better, yet it in reality it doesn't make a lot of sense.
What if my son is an outdoor enthusiast and routinely enjoys going camping? Huh, what then? The only benefit is he would have an unlimited supply of cheese to eat, but that is no way to live.

Magni

I don't believe in mutilating my children. So that's a no.

Who here is gonna circumcise their girls? So why would you circumcise your boys? smh

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
brianjones said:
foreskin bunching and unbunching

gross

No it's not. :lol

Ashes

Banned
oh noooooo... why have my parents done this to me? they have mutilated me. How am I ever going to live without my foreskin? my oh so precious fore skin. They have violated me in ways that I can never ever forgive. Never. Ever. These religious nuts. We should protect our children from these wicked people. Evil evil evil. My precious precious foreskin.

edit: female circumcision is removing clitoris right? how is that the same as male circumcision?

brianjones said:
foreskin bunching and unbunching

gross
Like an accordion! Do uncut dudes ever pretend to play polka when they fap?

I only need lube when my hands are too clammy (one in every 150 faps I wager).

grumble

Ashes1396 said:
oh noooooo... why have my parents done this to me? they have mutilated me. How am I ever going to live without my foreskin? my oh so precious fore skin. They have violated me in ways that I can never ever forgive. Never. Ever. These religious nuts. We should protect our children from these wicked people. Evil evil evil. My precious precious foreskin.

edit: female circumcision is removing clitoris right? how is that the same as male circumcision?

It's not, but but it's a useful false equivalency fallacy for people who want to bash circumcision.

Neither side is really basing its arguments off of logic and reason; they are using talking points to justify emotional responses.

-KRS-

If my son wants to do that, he can get it done himself when he's old enough. But I won't do it when he's a newborn and unable to think for himself. That's just wrong. Unless there might be complications if I don't do it, which is very unlikely but not impossible. I was almost circumcised because my foreskin was too tight, but it sorted itself out.

Edit: @grumble: it kinda is the same though. not really, but kinda. think of it like this; the clitoris is the part of a woman that arouses them the most because there are tons of nerve-bindings there. It's the same with the foreskin. It's the part of the penis that is most sensitive and the part that gets the person aroused and feel pleasure the most.

Ashes

Banned
grumble said:
It's not, but but it's a useful false equivalency fallacy for people who want to bash circumcision.

Neither side is really basing its arguments off of logic and reason; they are using talking points to justify emotional responses.

Yesterday was World Aids day, so I was up to my head in magazines and newspaper clippings related to aids. I swear there were studies that showed male circumcision reduces the chances of HIV acquisition significantly, even they didn't directly reccommend it against other methods like condoms for obvious reasons. What are the criticisms of such studies?

tiff

Banned
Ashes1396 said:
well, y'know, they're both called circumcision, and, uh...

TheEastonator said:

it's an U.S. thing. The have really tender dickies.

just spit on the fucker.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
grumble said:

It's genital mutilation no matter which way you look at it. Logic tells you it's not necessary at all. It's about as logical as cutting off part of your earlobes. There has never been evidence to support that circumcision is a medical benefit.

It's really hard to believe that people are defending the mutilation of the genitals as something that is a good thing. You are essentially cutting part of your dick off for what is non sense reasons.

The morality of it is indeed an evil. If you want to cut part of your dick off by all means go ahead, but for fucks sake at least give the child a choice when they are of age to understand.

On regards to female circumcision there are different types of it. But when it comes down to it, it is genital mutilation.

The same way you wouldn't dare have your daughter's clitoris cut off, is how people view equally the mutilation of the male genitals.

We don't even cut off part of our dogs dicks, let alone a fucking new born baby that has no say in this.

These are the tools used in male genital mutilation. Would you like these objects near your new born son's penis?

CircumcisionTools.jpg

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
I would think that if it was medically advantageous to have no foreskin, humans would've evolved not to have it.

Jea Song said:
It's genital mutilation no matter which way you look at it.
Sometimes it's because the foreskin is too tight.

But i agree that THE WAY it is done in may countries is just ridiculous and for stupid reasons.

There is NO excuse for female circumcision. That's fucking barbaric. It should stop NOAAAW.

Chairman Yang said:
I would think that if it was medically advantageous to have no foreskin, humans would've evolved not to have it.

it's of no influence on evolution. so it will stay. Like the hair on your ass.

^Foreskin too tight? To my understanding of skin should stretch accordingly to fit whatever it's holding...thought it may not be immediate.

Legendary Warrior said:
well, y'know, they're both called circumcision, and, uh...

Obviously they can't be 100% the same because of the sex differences... they are similar because they are done for similar reasons, and both involve cutting some part of the genitalia. They are basically gender specific versions of the same thing.

@Jea_song I wouldn't want all that near my newborns ANYTHING let alone penis.

Xun

Chairman Yang said:
Exactly.

It's there for a reason people!

Ashes

Banned
People appear to be overstating the opinion of foreskin for one thing. To be honest, I'm not sure whether this is religion and culture being a bitch again, and people who have a hatred of these things jumping on the bandwagon, or whether there is a legitimate argument that parents are harming their children.

Jea Song said:
These are the tools used in male genital mutilation. Would you like these objects near your new born son's penis?

CircumcisionTools.jpg

really? give me a break

it's not like they will remember it ever happening

Xun said:
Exactly.

It's there for a reason people!

being born with lots of chest and back hair has no evolutionary advantage in todays world but some people are anyway

why get haircuts or shave? it's there for a reason!

Jea Song

Did the right thing
brianjones said:
really? give me a break

it's not like they will remember it ever happening

being born with lots of chest and back hair has no evolutionary advantage in todays world but some people are anyway

Once again. This is evil is it not? So this is your excuse?

Ashes1396 said:
People appear to be overstating the opinion of foreskin for one thing. To be honest, I'm not sure whether this is religion and culture being a bitch again, and people who have a hatred of these things jumping on the bandwagon, or whether there is a legitimate argument that parents are harming their children.

For me it's not about harm, it's about choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom