• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales Jan 8 - 14

AniHawk

Well if they can sell 25k PS3s a week on average for the rest of the year, then that's a decent 1.3 million for the year. That's good, right?

Right?

Branduil

Heidir said:
Wii 93,708
DSL 89,287
PSP 48,804
PS3 25,531
PS2 22,663
Xbox360 9,035
GBM 1,959
GBASP 1,547
GC 611
GBA 79
DS 41

nintendosrevolutionisabrt9.jpg

"Nintendo Gamecube, console. A system barely alive."
iwataiz7.jpg

"Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first waggle console."
20061208t012101z01nootrau0.jpg

"The Wii will be that console. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, waggly-er."

KINGMOKU

25k for the PS3? OH WTF. This is bad. I dont even know what to say really.

The fact that the Wii beat out the DS really tells you something as well, and kind of puts the few previous pages of arguments, squarly in my corner.

Third-party devs, you listening? Get off your dead-asses, and get to work making waggle enhanced games, now.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
moku said:

The fact that the Wii beat out the DS really tells you something as well, and kind of puts the few previous pages of arguments, squarly in my corner.

Third-party devs, you listening? Get off your dead-asses, and get to work making waggle enhanced games, now.

Do you really think the DS and Wii situation is anything but a supply issue?

Avalon

moku said:

Why do you want the Wii to gain more third party support? If things continue as they are now they will get everything they need from first party titles alone.

Taurus

Avalon said:
Wow, serious... February might just be the deathblow. Unless people really love their Virtual Fighter 5.
VF4 sold ~560k in Japan so... I don't know if VF5 really is a system-seller, but hey, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. :)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I just realized that this is the first time DS beat PSP on the 2nd week of Jan.

2005:
PSP: 64,602
DS: 53,527

I'm not talented enough to do it, but someone should make a pic or gif of Iwata swimming in the money bin.

moneybin.jpg

EDIT:

jj984jj said:
I just realized that this is the first time DS beat PSP on the 2nd week of Jan.

2005:
PSP: 64,602
DS: 53,527

Better yet, the DS beat all of Sony's hardware combined.

xaosslug

moku said:

i don't know about that, it seems all Japan wants from the Wii is:

1. (Wii, Nintendo) Wii Sports - 61,399 / 794,118
3. (Wii, Nintendo) Wii Play - 54,578 / 719,089

:/

Avalon

Taurus said:
VF4 sold ~560k in Japan so... I don't know if VF5 really is a system-seller, but hey, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. :)

I didn't know that. Software is coming out really slowly though... I wonder if Enchant Arm will sell more then the Xbox 360 version.

TheKingsCrown said:
What about PS3 Hut?

Obviously not. Seriously, MC threads are apples and oranges these days. I know like 20 friends that have a PS3 and all think the Wii is totally gay. These numbers are noticeably skewed towards bizzarro world.

I'll wait for Stringer's sales information, thank you.

Jokeropia

xaosslug said:
i don't know about that, it seems all Japan wants from the Wii is:

1. (Wii, Nintendo) Wii Sports - 61,399 / 794,118
3. (Wii, Nintendo) Wii Play - 54,578 / 719,089

:/
If selling like those games is the criteria, then Japan doesn't want anything at all from the PS3.

Forgotten Ancient said:
Obviously not. Seriously, MC threads are apples and oranges these days. I know like 20 friends that have a PS3 and all think the Wii is totally gay. These numbers are noticeably skewed towards bizzarro world.

I'll wait for Stringer's sales information, thank you.

And I'm the other way around. Guess it depends on which company you like more. ;)

fresquito

AniHawk said:
Well if they can sell 25k PS3s a week on average for the rest of the year, then that's a decent 1.3 million for the year. That's good, right?

Right?
It comes down to your expectations, dude.

jj984jj

So how many games on the DS do you think will sell a million this year?

Undoubtedly:
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker
Dragon Quest IX

Potential:
Kirby
Jump Ultimate Stars
Picross
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (with the power of DS)

chadums90 said:
Not to reiterate everything that's already been said, but the PS3 is doing ridiculously terrible.

If there was 10 PS3s in Japan they would all sell out. This week there were 25,531 available and they all sold out.

Selling out is selling out, and selling out is always impressive. Especially at $600. What other console has sold at that price?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
bgassassin said:
Better yet, the DS beat all of Sony's hardware combined.

Clooose, but not quite:

PSP + PS2 + PS3 = 97,002
DS = 89,287

(89,328 if you include the original DS).

I remember the days the DS sold multiple times more than all the other systems combined! Seems like so long ago.

jj984jj

Jonnyram said:
Come on, it's January.
We don't even know half the games that are due out this year.
I was trying to see if I could think of 10 so that it can have the most million sellers in Japan by the end of the year. :(

Avalon

PhoenixDark said:
If there was 10 PS3s in Japan they would all sell out. This week there were 25,531 available and they all sold out.

Selling out is selling out, and selling out is always impressive. Especially at $600. What other console has sold at that price?

Didn't Sony ship one million or something?

chadums90

PhoenixDark said:

It's still terrible - whether it is the consumer's fault or Sony's fault. If that is all Sony is shipping, that is incredibly pathetic.

jarrod

Banned
jj984jj said:
And maybe I'm blind... but I don't see MP8 on jarrod's list.
No concrete date yet, but it's Q1... other scheduled Q1 games with no solid date yet include...

Xbox 360
-Bladestorm (KOEI)*
-Fatal Inertia (KOEI)
-Kidou Sensei Gundam: Operation TROY (Bandai Namco)
-The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Spike)
-Trusty Bell: Chopin no Yume (Bandai Namco)

PlayStation 3
-Bladestorm (KOEI)*
-Heavenly Sword (SCEI)*
-Lair (SCEI)*
-Monster Kingdom: Unkown Realms (SCEI)*
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Tecmo)*
-The Eye of Judgement (SCEI)
-Wangan Midnight (Genki)

Wii
-Bachindaa (Hudson)
-Boku to Sims no Machi (Electronic Arts)*
-Dragon Quest Sword: Kamen no Joou to Kagami no Tou (Square Enix)*
-Mario Party 8 (Nintendo)
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Interchannel)
-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Nintendo)*
-Necro-Nesia (Spike)
-One Piece Unlimited Adventure (Bandai Namco)
-Project H.A.M.M.E.R. (Nintendo)*
-Wii Yawaraka Atamajuku (Nintendo)*

*likely pushed to Q2 or later imo.

Taurus said:
Again, 150k retail orders. VF5 may be the worst selling main game in the series for Japan. :/

VF1 (SS)~ 900k
VF2 (SS)~ 1.3m
VF3 (DC)~ 350k
VF4 (PS2)~ 550k
VF5 (PS3)~ 150k?

Jiggy

I feel like trying to spin the PS3 numbers positively just to be contrarian, but I've got nothing. There's just nothing to work with at all.

It might pick up after it drops whatever the equivalent of $150 is in yen, though. I don't think it's a lost cause or anything in the future, as much as I wish it was.

chadums90 said:
It's still terrible - whether it is the consumer's fault or Sony's fault. If that is all Sony is shipping, that is incredibly pathetic.

By most accounts, PS3 is rather easy to find in Japan. It just isn't selling at a great rate.

PS3 25,531
i guess almost the people who worked extra hard to afford one got one already.

i can't believe this is happening in japan.

with numbers like these, sony probably could have done the global launch after all.

europe got shafted man!

now how about a pricedrop sony?

i wouldn't mind a $399 Linux box that can play Tekken 5 DR.

Top Bottom