• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony TGS Flopference Thread

pswii60

duckroll said:
That's for Sony's TGSTV videos. They say the video for the press conference will be up "sometime at night today". The press conference already happened, you can choose not to believe it. :p
So, either it's embargoed, or sod all exciting actually happened.

Shadow780 said:
"本日夜公開予定"

Does that mean there's one conference at night?
it's 5:30 pm in tokyo. i doubt they would start a conference past 9 pm local time at the very latest, and that's pretty late i'd say. So, within the next 3 hours or it ain't happening today.

edit: but it's most likely already done ^^^

Crisis

Banned
stuburns said:
I just read on Kotaku about the DS3 support for PSP, if you have Resistance 2 and the Resistance PSP game, you can connect your PSP to the PS3 and play the PSP game on the PS3 with the DS3.

That's useless to me, because I'm not buying either of them, but I really hope for full DS3 support in the future. Exciting little spot of news I think.

The way they phrase it it seems like it's a game-by-game basis where the little brother versions of the PS3 games let the PSP version utilize the DS3.

duckroll

pswii60 said:
So, either it's embargoed, or sod all exciting actually happened.

It's not embargoed, it was even liveblogged by Japanese new sites. It was just a 30 min conference where they revealed stuff like the PSP PS Store date and the Ad-Hoc Party beta date. Nothing exciting happened, there were no new game announcements, everything you see at the site is all that Sony has at TGS.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
duckroll said:
It's not embargoed, it was even liveblogged by Japanese new sites. It was just a 30 min conference where they revealed stuff like the PSP PS Store date and the Ad-Hoc Party beta date. Nothing exciting happened, there were no new game announcements, everything you see at the site is all that Sony has at TGS.
So educate me because I feel dumb: the whole 11 unannounced games thing was bullshit?

TheOddOne

duckroll said:

WAT

StuBurns

Banned
Crisis said:
The way they phrase it it seems like it's a game-by-game basis where the little brother versions of the PS3 games let the PSP version utilize the DS3.
Indeed, but I'm hoping it's something they'll build into the FW in the future, it's something I've wanted for years now, since the PSP-2000 with the video out, I've played PSP on TV from time to time, and I'd really like to use a PS3 controller.

duckroll said:
But they have two first party conferences?

Today was SCEJ, tomorrow is Sony in general right?
With Level-5 and LBP after?

lupinko

duckroll said:

Yay! I can go to sleep now and go to work in the morning!

duckroll said:

EPIC FUCKING FAIL SONY. FUCK YOU,IM GOING TO SLEEP.

RiverBed said:
cheap wireless dongle? that's the best thing about PS3; it's an open platform. add what you want.

Hugh you cant just add a wirless dongle and have it work for online play can you?????

pswii60

duckroll said:
:lol

Oh dear. So Sony's "wait for TGS!!" and "11 unannounced titles" (EDIT: "Unrevealed as playable titles" it seems) has somewhat fizzled :/

MS's showing was bad enough, it was the XBLA games that saved them IMO. Don't MS or Sony feel the need to droppen zal bomben etc?

I thought people had already seen the Team Ico game behind closed doors? Why the hell aren't they showing it to the public yet? Fuck you Sony.

duckroll

Rez>You said:
So educate me because I feel dumb: the whole 11 unannounced games thing was bullshit?

As was explained before, very carefully by several people including Jonnyram, when they said 11 unrevealed playable games for PS3, that didn't mean that all 11 games have never been announced before. They just had not been announced to be playable at TGS. If you check the TGS site, you'll see what all those titles are.

Spelunker HD
954487_20081009_screen003.jpg

954487_20081009_screen001.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/minnadespelunker/images.html

Lumines Supernova
953017_20081009_screen002.jpg

953017_20081009_screen003.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/puzzle/luminessupernova/images.html

Noby Noby Boy
942166_20081009_screen001.jpg

942166_20081009_screen002.jpg

942166_20081009_screen003.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/nobinobiboy/images.html

RiverBed

Banned
supermackem said:
Hugh you cant just add a wirless dongle and have it work for online play can you?????
plug and play. why not? if not, get a wireless home network going and connect PS3 to the hub via cable. there you go. but I think the first option works.

RiverBed

Banned
Noby looks like garbage. no, not all simplicity equals 'cool art direction'. sometimes it just means shit. and this is it.

LaneDS

Wow, Spelunker. Totally forgot about that game from the NES days.

Nobi Nobi Boy looks odd. Wonder how representative of the gameplay that trailer is... definitely not what I expected after the tech demo reveal they did forever ago.

duckroll

stuburns said:
But they have two first party conferences?

Today was SCEJ, tomorrow is Sony in general right?
With Level-5 and LBP after?

I'm not sure where you people are getting these strange ideas. There are only 3 events that Sony is holding at TGS. There was a press conference today, which is over. Tomorrow they're having a presentation of WKC with Level 5, and there'll also be a LBP presentation. That's all.

what the heck happened to nobu boy....it looked much better on the last showing...now it looks like something that could have been on the nes...

pretty rubbish show from sony

iceatcs

duckroll said:
I'm not sure where you people are getting these strange ideas. There are only 3 events that Sony is holding at TGS. There was a press conference today, which is over. Tomorrow they're having a presentation of WKC with Level 5, and there'll also be a LBP presentation. That's all.
So "at night" is typo on the site which it is start on about 2pm?

Speevy

Banned
At this point, Team ICO's next project has been built up so much that we're going to scrutinize what they show to death.

StuBurns

Banned
duckroll said:
God I hate being 'you people', I don't know, read it on here some point over the evening.
It was three fourths right anyway.

Brashnir

I'm glad I go into these conferences without riding the hype train. I can't see how people are disappointed at MS or Sony's conferences. I see a bunch of new games, some of which look cool coming to both consoles.

Manage your expectations, GAF - when will you ever learn?

Noby Noby Boy, what the fuck are you?

And wtf at you disappointed people? For there not even being a conference (which was known from the start), there was a lot of really good game footage released. I'm pretty happy about this show so far, but maybe that's because I wasn't expecting crap like FFVII Remake and TRICO (which was already confirmed to be MIA).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
duckroll said:
As was explained before, very carefully by several people including Jonnyram, when they said 11 unrevealed playable games for PS3, that didn't mean that all 11 games have never been announced before. They just had not been announced to be playable at TGS. If you check the TGS site, you'll see what all those titles are.
Sorry, I haven't been following these threads very closely.

kevm3

I hope Sony has more lined up. i refuse to believe that they basically have nothing from their Japanese side that can ratchet up some excitement.

pswii60

RiverBed said:
Noby looks like garbage. no, not all simplicity equals 'cool art direction'. sometimes it just means shit. and this is it.
Indeed. Looks like I knocked it up in Paint in about 30 seconds. Literally. I'm hoping it's just a teaser joke.

Polari

Mizuguchi will not sleep until Lumines has been ported to every platform in existence. Next up: Commodore 64.

Pai Pai Master said:
Noby Noby Boy, what the fuck are you?

And wtf at you disappointed people? For there not even being a conference (which was known from the start), there was a lot of really good game footage released. I'm pretty happy about this show so far, but maybe that's because I wasn't expecting crap like FFVII Remake and TRICO (which was already confirmed to be MIA).

Im pleased at some of the games, but sonys actual showing seems to be poor....WKS looks fantastic though

llTll

Banned
yay i got my self FF7 sackboy :lol

EDIT :

its kinda big. does anyone know how to make it smaller for this forum? :(

1-1.jpg

This conference (or lack thereof) only reinforces the fact that Sony doesn't give a shit about Japan, and that they have no intention of bettering themselves in that region.

iceatcs

Shadow780 said:
at night probably means the time that the video for earlier conference will be up.
Yeah that's what I was though in comment some pages ago but I was point out.

Top Bottom