• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Tri G |OT| Dozens of Monsters, Zero Compelling Textures

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It's the foundation of my soon-to-be-award-winning 800k and i'll stand by it. Not enough new content to get people to switch over en masse. MH4 will have more than enough. *shrug*
Nothing wrong with such a statement, it's subjective and your opinion, and not what I was referring to there. I don't care about your predictions either. Plenty wrong with pretending to list whats new for a 3rd user and showing you don't know or intentionally skip over half of it. That's all.

And I may have missed some too. Hell, even Tenbatsu doesn't know all the additions for sure just yet.

Alexios

Oh, cool. IIRC that's exactly how it worked in Tri. Thanks!
In Tri time passed during a mission so the next area you joined after a couple (I think, I don't think it was just one at least) would switch time of day. So the village itself and most if not all of the normal missions had both day and night modes too.

john tv

We played some more at lunch - the challenge is definitely back. Feels great to actually feel like you have to make an effort fighting some of these earlier guys again.

So wish this was online...!

Luigiv

We played some more at lunch - the challenge is definitely back. Feels great to actually feel like you have to make an effort fighting some of these earlier guys again.

Patch in time for the Western release. Believe!

DCharlie

Banned
Plenty wrong with pretending to list whats new for a 3rd user and showing you don't know or intentionally skip over half of it. That's all.

and your source of authority is GAF - So you don't know either right ?

there's plenty of sources of info out there - not just GAF, MH Wiki, Tenbatsu.

Anyways, this is going nowhere - lets agree that neither knows - and neither do our sources - the full extent of the extras and that as it stands you think it's worth 3rdP upgrading and i don't.

any word on playing as a gunner? lots of Japanese players complaining that it's insanely hard to do due to the controls (? assuming touch pad only players (?))

Alexios

and your source of authority is GAF - So you don't know either right ?
Outside one more possible returning monster I mentioned we've seen official media of all I listed. And yes, I saw that media via GAF. So?

If I think it's worth it and you don't is irrelevant to the reason I posted that. Your post appeared to misrepresent the additions stating it's mainly two new to 3rd users monsters and left nothing to doubt. Unlike mine in which the only mistake might be one returning monster I've not seen and should have added a maybe to. More things may exist, as I personally made clear in my posts that I don't know it all. That is all.

DCharlie

Banned
Outside one more possible returning monster I mentioned we've seen official media of all I listed.

i missed off Lagi and some of the extra fluff like the change in helpers and some other fluff and -possibleundeterminednewmonstersmaybe- ... i STILL don't think there's enough for 3rdP players - especially those outside the "million" who've finished Tri and TriG.

Your post appeared to misrepresent the additions

... to the tune of one monster , the suggestion of more, and some town/city changes that i don't personally think amount to that big of a deal changer.

you're going off on something that's not there. I'm not on a crusade to disuade people from buying the game. I certainly wouldn't have spent time video'ing the damned thing for GAF if that was my purpose.

Alexios

Actually you skipped lagi, a motherfrakin elder dragon (or the cover monster if "thatotherone" meant the elder, whichever), plesioth, G tier, the "fluff" (these do not actually include the other "maybe" returning monsters, which unlike you I admitted was a mistake to list one of them in that first post), and who knows what else since you've now accepted we don't know it all? You skipped two-three of these in your last post (pre-edit) too, that's just silly attitude when all my first post did was to correct that skipping over. Again, I don't care what you think it's worth, that's your deal and you're free to think so, I did not once dispute that so you have no reason to keep repeating it in every post as if I did (edit: I think this was pretty clear, as were all my posts, yet all you just responded with is by saying you won't buy it, as if I or anyone other than you cares if you will, or as if anyone tried to convince you to buy it, when, again, all that was done was a correction of your false statements and/or blatant lies, which you can't handle or accept so you've just shown you're an attention seeking troll completely disinterested in having any kind of coherent conversation - thanks for making it clear!). I merely responded to a post I felt misrepresented the additions with ill informed confidence. That you did this in posts stating you think so little of its worth was just the cherry on top that I did not even bother with. That is all. I did not say anything about a Crusade either. And I'm done with this, typing on iPad sucks and you're just turning it into a silly circle jerk anyway, making me repeat the same simple post I started with due to your skipping. How you tried to argue your predictions and feelings over the game all over again as if I said anything against those or as if you haven't had enough fun doing that in at least two other threads is beyond me.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
In Tri time passed during a mission so the next area you joined after a couple (I think, I don't think it was just one at least) would switch time of day. So the village itself and most if not all of the normal missions had both day and night modes too.
Oh yeah, time passed in the village after each mission, making missions day/night as well. But I forgot time passed while actually on a mission in the Forest... So I understand that's gone, but the other 'between mission' cycles are still in tact?

Two more questions to anyone that has the game (and sorry if this has all been asked before):
- Is there more than one save slot?
- Can you transfer saves between 3DSs? (A long shot, I know)

Thanks in advance :)

Nisa65

I haven't found Tri G to be as difficult as Tri thus far. I'm up to Lagi now and have been using nothing more than Dos Jaggi armour and a low tier katana. Maybe it's due to having access to the katana (my weapon of choice) from the start and having played Tri for several hundred hours that makes it seem easier.

B-Genius. There are 3 save slots in the game but I'm not too sure about save transfers.

ShinNL

I, too, am getting slightly bothered by DC's posts in this thread. You can only post so much without having the game and not being interested in the game without oozing irritation, in a thread full of people who actually are interested in the game and/or own the game. I'm sure you'll say that you are interested in the game since you keep saying you kinda want the game, but wife preventing you blabla, but the fact is that you give yourself reasons not to be interested. I don't know how many times I've read that by now. Taking your anecdotes with a grain of salt now, you're somehow the only one who posts the exact opposite anecdotes of other posters.

DCharlie

Banned
Alextended Actually you skipped lagi, a motherfrakin elder dragon (or the cover monster if "thatotherone" meant the elder, whichever), plesioth, G tier, the "fluff" (these do not actually include the other "maybe" returning monsters, which unlike you I admitted was a mistake to list one of them in that first post), and who knows what else since you've now accepted we don't know it all? You skipped two-three of these in your last post (pre-edit) too, that's just silly attitude when all my first post did was to correct that skipping over. Again, I don't care what you think it's worth, that's your deal and you're free to think so, I did not once dispute that so you have no reason to keep repeating it in every post as if I did. I merely responded to a post I felt misrepresented the additions with ill informed confidence. That you did this in posts stating you think so little of its worth was just the cherry on top that I did not bother with. That is all. I did not say anything about a Crusade either. And I'm done with this, typing on iPad sucks and you're just turning it into a silly circle jerk anyway, making me repeat the same simple post I started with due to your skipping. How you tried to argue your predictions and feelings over the game all over again as if I said anything against those or as if you haven't had enough fun doing that in at least two other threads is beyond me.

Too long, similar content. Wont buy. ;)
I, too, am getting slightly bothered by DC's posts in this thread. You can only post so much without having the game and not being interested in the game without oozing irritation, in a thread of full people who actually are interested in the game and/or own the game. I'm sure you'll say that you are interested in the game since you keep saying you kinda want the game, but wife preventing you blabla, but the fact is that you give yourself reasons not to be interested. I don't know how many times I've read that by now. Taking your anecdotes with a grain of salt now, you're somehow the only one who posts the exact opposite anecdotes of other posters.

Yeah i must admit it is getting a bit old - i'll give it a rest.

Tenbatsu

1. A parcel from Nippon-Yasan. Amount of 500 Yen? lol
hkRoo.jpg

2. Wrapped in Shinbum
cMev6.jpg

3. WTF!? Segata! I guess I know the reason for the late redelivery...
gJcuu.jpg

4. Badly handwritten & photocopied words of appreciation
uj8xL.jpg

5. Box in PERFECT condition! Thumbs up Nippon-Yasan!
eCUQW.jpg

6. Opening the baby up
fNoi2.jpg

7. On to the real thing!
je3uU.jpg

8. Wow this thing is sexy in real! Photos don't do it justice at all!
hjl72.jpg

9. Side by side with my MHP3 PSP:)
Cpshm.jpg

3DS threads so unfair lately :(

people getting their GBA ambassador games :(( people getting the limited edition MH3G 3DS :(((

This is a sad day to be on GAF

This is really awesome Tenbatsu :D

I LOVE that limited PSP but the white/red 3DS not so much. Kind of a relief for me as I'm still butthurt about not getting that PSP.

Bankoiia

Just went ahead and bought it. Too bad I don't actually know anyone with a 3DS and this game. Any j-gaffers living in Tokyo feel like hunting with me? Ha ha.

DCharlie

Banned
congrats Ten!! Yeah, the white MH 3DS tends to look a bit weird in photos for some reason but it looks fantastic in person.

now... *clap clap* get on with it man! :) :)

DCharlie

Banned
woah, invisible/warping Narga is pretty interesting.

p.s. f*ck Tigarex. The Tigarex + Black Tigarex mission was simultaneously awesome/a pain in the arse. Though not sure what the logic would be for removing Tigarex in 3G -IF- it transpires that it really is gone.

Boogiepop

BTW, how much overlap is there in content up until Ceadeus with Tri? I mean, I'm definitely buying it either way (they need to hurry up and announce the localization!) and I'll be maining a different weapon so things should feel fresh enough, but I'm still curious.

Alexios

I think Tenbatsu or someone else said they're mixing up some Portable 3rd monsters so you should be seeing some new stuff along the way, but a lot of overlap.

Top Bottom