• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War III Remastered announce trailer

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Day 1.

Wonder if they fixed the punching glitch where you can't defeat Zeuss

latest

I literally laughed out loud when I read this... Thanks to whoever bought up that thread again recently...

I agree with others, if they do this, why not the first 2? Might as well do Ascension too while they're at it.

doofy102

To the people complaining - how is this different to Sony releasing the PS2 HD re-releases last gen? Do you remember how many of those we got?

People are only complaining about this because its backlit by the PS4's lack of good exclusives, but it's not really a reason to attack the mere continuation of a thing they've been doing for a long time now.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Thats a terrible decision not bundling em. Missed opportunity here. Kinda feels like they want to have something urgent this summer from SSM. They should have delayed it and made a better package.

Thanks, shinobi.

2 seperate games can be sold at 2 seperated higher price, which means more money For sony/ssm

To the people complaining - how is this different to Sony releasing the PS2 HD re-releases last gen? Do you remember how many of those we got?

People are only complaining about this because its backlit by the PS4's lack of good exclusives, but it's not really a reason to attack the mere continuation of a thing they've been doing for a long time now.
What were once $40 HD collections and now $40 HD "remasters" with hardly any tangible improvements.

I-hate-u

Yea no problem, and I agree as I said the same thing. Apparently remastering them was a bit more intensive than initially planned so couldn't do them at the same time.

GOW:A had some weird bugs when it came out on PS3, not to mention porting the MP portion of the game could be a tough task.

2 seperate games can be sold at 2 seperated higher price, which means more money For sony/ssm

Except less people would buy it because they might perceive it as poor value paying $80 for both.

Also, interesting note, the GOW franchise was the first big major one to start the remaster trend in 2009 (GOWI&II on PS3). I remember that was made hype, and the collection did big numbers. That was $40 for two HD versions of great games. Great value.

I'm not trying to rattle any cages but really? They don't have a new game for this year? This seems to me like a bit of a cop out.

JerkShep

I think I liked GoW 3 more than most but I'm not particularly interested in playing it again (Ascension was a huge disapppointment so I don't really care if it's remastered or not). I feel one of the main draw of GoW3 was the visual spectacle, it won't have the same impact on PS4 even with some improvements 5 years later.

LastNac

Been wondering about this release. Is there any chance it could be a Halo 2 Anniversary situation where the re-release ties into the upcoming sequel. Maybe an expanded post credit scene?

Dragun619

$40 for just God of War 3 Remastered? ehhh, come on, man. It needs Ascension in there too. At least then we get very beginning and the very end in one package, hah.

But for real, They should of just went did a Kratos Collection instead (a la Master Chief collection).

JoRo

Damn, $40 is steep for just one game. I feel like it should have GOW 1+2 or Ascension bundled in for better value. Going off what Shinobi said, I guess Ascension is coming later at some point. After it comes out, I'm sure they'll bundle the two together. I have all the games already on PS3, so unless they give better value or show me a bit more, I don't think I'm interested. Ascension's multiplayer was fun as hell, though. I'm kind of upset I didn't get to spend more time with it.

As a GOW fan on first glance this was fantastic news, but the more i think about it, at the price Sony are asking for this remaster it just feels like a poor decision to not have bundled it in with Ascension.

Two games at $40 would be fine, but just for GOW3…? It doesn't sit right with me. It's not like they need to rush this remaster out either as I imagine GOW4 is at least 2 years away.

I really hope that if the Uncharted remaster happens it includes all 3 games at $60. Because at the current asking price this does not feel acceptable.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Cost of games no longer upset me since I wait for them to get cheap anyway. Bring it on. I'd love to see this in photo mode for $20.

Do people really love GOWIII enough to purchase it again? I liked it, don't get me wrong .... but ... I don't know, it's the worst out of the trilogy by quite a mile I feel, it was just ok.

The PS2 remaster came much later in the generation and had multiple games in each.
Plus the jump from SD to HD was bigger. Plus trophy support.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe it's nostalgia glasses, but I can't tell the difference between the RE and the original GoW 3. It looked that good on PS3.

All I can think as well.

The PS2 remaster came much later in the generation and had multiple games in each.
Plus the jump from SD to HD was bigger. Plus trophy support.
All true. We are seeing dimishing returns with this round of remasters. I don't mind remasters since there's no BC in the PS4, but this one seems especially unnecessary.

All true. We are seeing dimishing returns with this round of remasters. I don't mind remasters since there's no BC in the PS4, but this one seems especially unnecessary.

True but I just look at this thing like a BluRay re-release of a movie. I mean, it's there for people who are either super hardcore about GoW or are new to PS and have never played it. For that it's fine. Otherwise I don't see how you can be anything but indifferent. It's not taking away from anything. I mean, when Munich was just released on BluRay did people get mad because Spielberg wasn't making a new movie instead?

True but I just look at this thing like a BluRay re-release of a movie. I mean, it's there for people who are either super hardcore about GoW or are new to PS and have never played it. For that it's fine. Otherwise I don't see how you can be anything but indifferent. It's not taking away from anything. I mean, when Munich was just released on BluRay did people get mad because Spielberg wasn't making a new movie instead?
If someone is new to PS why would they want to start a trilogy with the third game?
If it was the whole saga that'd be sweet, as it is though it's just strange.

olimpia84

Here's the release schedule for the series:

God of War III Remastered - 2015
God of War HD Collection Remastered - 2016
God of War Saga Remastered - 2017

B-Ri

If someone is new to PS why would they want to start a trilogy with the third game?

was that enough reason for PS3 gamers to not play Mass Effect when only 2 came out at the time?

The third makes sense, because itll be direct canon to whatever GoW4 is. Theres nothing that doesnt say they dont slap on a recap up until the beginning. Doesnt the second one also essentially erase the timeline of the first?

GoW3 just like TLoU was an amazing game, and theres lot of people that have yet to play it.

Here is their chance!

I don't know, maybe they skipped PS3 but had PS2s? I'm just saying the release is fairly harmless, it's sorta mindblowing to me that it's spawned multiple 10+page threads in the span of a single day.

hamchan

As a GOW fan on first glance this was fantastic news, but the more i think about it, at the price Sony are asking for this remaster it just feels like a poor decision to not have bundled it in with Ascension.

Two games at $40 would be fine, but just for GOW3…? It doesn't sit right with me. It's not like they need to rush this remaster out either as I imagine GOW4 is at least 2 years away.

I really hope that if the Uncharted remaster happens it includes all 3 games at $60. Because at the current asking price this does not feel acceptable.

At this current pricing can you imagine the Uncharted collection at $120? Yeesh.

I kinda hope this GoW3 remastering does not do well because of the price.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
GOW:A had some weird bugs when it came out on PS3, not to mention porting the MP portion of the game could be a tough task.

Except less people would buy it because they might perceive it as poor value paying $80 for both.

Also, interesting note, the GOW franchise was the first big major one to start the remaster trend in 2009 (GOWI&II on PS3). I remember that was made hype, and the collection did big numbers. That was $40 for two HD versions of great games. Great value.

But they will be perceived as brand new games for those who jumped from Xbox to Ps4.

Top Bottom