• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2 Trailer - YES

No More Heroes used button mashing for attacks rather than Waggle, so it's kind of a tossup whether Suda should use MotionPlus or not. While it would give you a real lightsaber game, it might get tiring since the game's fighting and boss battles take so long. That's probably why he didn't consider it in the first place.

Death_Born said:
No More Heroes used button mashing for attacks rather than Waggle, so it's kind of a tossup whether Suda should use MotionPlus or not. While it would give you a real lightsaber game, it might get tiring since the game's fighting and boss battles take so long. That's probably why he didn't consider it in the first place.
From what I understand he did test it out but it didn't work well (as in, the people who tested it didn't like it).

M+ is a whole other ball game from what I can see in terms of control.

IMO, Motionplus would work if he eliminated the sword clashes (those were annoying when you fought a bunch of enemies at once) and just stunned them if they hit you while you're blocking (put the wiimote sideways)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
doomed1 said:
actually no, quite the opposite. MMV even threw a party about it if i remember correctly.

also, this is the first sequel Grasshopper has ever done. i think they deserve at least one.

They're doing Contact 2 as well...
and I'm glad they are :D

Dash Kappei said:

149z66a.gif

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Dash Kappei said:
they must be reading my mind. i should stop trying to get the gamer chick on my ship and finish the damn game...

Regulus Tera said:
Suda 51 is interested in WiiMotionPlus, but he hasn't worked with it yet.

Fuckin' Nintendo. :(
he's a busy guy. he'll have plenty of time to use it anyway...

Regulus Tera said:
Suda 51 is interested in WiiMotionPlus, but he hasn't worked with it yet.

Fuckin' Nintendo. :(

I bet actual development hasn't even started yet, 2010 is a long way away so it'll probably end up using Motionplus in the end if he's interested in using it.

Dascu

Well, I remember Suda saying that the creator of Contact was working on a new game/sequel, but that interview was taken ages ago.

Edit: Ah, found it. Seems he doesn't know either anyway:
Finally, do you have any plans for a sequel to Contact? What's the latest on that?

Suda 51: I am not sure whether it will happen. Contact is directed by Akira Ueda, who recently established a company called Audio. I hope that Audio produces a sequel someday, but it won't be anything to do with Grasshopper Manufacture. Fans of Contact should send their wishes to Marvelous Interactive.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=161891

Zoramon089 said:
How is this Nintendo's fault? Devs already have access to the motion+
For the same reason it's nintendo's fault that "theres no hard core Wii games to looking forward to this X-mas!!!! (looking past cool 3rd party stuff)".

Something doesn't happen on a Nintendo system or w/e people point at Nintendo ( like the Rumored Lucas Arts rage over M+ reveal . . . atleast Krome knew about it before hand ). . . nothing new :lol

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Zoramon089 said:
How is this Nintendo's fault? Devs already have access to the motion+

I thought they didn't yet. This news actually makes me quite happy.

Suda better gear up and deliver awesome 1:1 sword combat.

Ramenman

Meh, I'm like totally sure NMH gameplay wouldn't work with motion plus.
It would totally kill the over-the-top-ness. No more ultra fast slashes, and no more final slashes because they wouldn't mean anything with motion plus. Might as well say No More No More Heroes
AND LISTEN TO THAT FUCKAWSOME END MUSIC OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

NMH is not the game that fits the idea of motion plus, not with the gameplay it has right now, even if the presence of a lightsaber on the screen arouses you.

Christine

No, it could benefit from M+. You just have to think in the context of NMH rather than that of 1:1 sword combat or any other such nonsense.

1) More weapon stances. M+ would make it easy to do High-Medium-Low, or even possibly add a horizontal axis to the stances, giving us Inside/Outside guard versions of both the high and low stance.

2) Better recognition on weapon clashes and death blows - in the first game, they are intentionally sloppy for the sake of playability. With M+ the game could require you to specifically swing from left to right or vice versa. M+ should actually be precise enough to allow the player to select which wrestling move he wants to use by doing the appropriate gestures, rather than just following on-screen prompts for a move selected by the game.

dyls

TwinIonEngines said:
No, it could benefit from M+. You just have to think in the context of NMH rather than that of 1:1 sword combat or any other such nonsense.

1) More weapon stances. M+ would make it easy to do High-Medium-Low, or even possibly add a horizontal axis to the stances, giving us Inside/Outside guard versions of both the high and low stance.

2) Better recognition on weapon clashes and death blows - in the first game, they are intentionally sloppy for the sake of playability. With M+ the game could require you to specifically swing from left to right or vice versa. M+ should actually be precise enough to allow the player to select which wrestling move he wants to use by doing the appropriate gestures, rather than just following on-screen prompts for a move selected by the game.

Yup. Just because the game uses Motion+ doesn't mean it has to change everything about the control scheme. It can just be used to refine what already exists, and add more dimensions to the finishing moves.

From this interview (via Go-nintendo)
I finished doing a Destroy Man part on a game called No More Heroes, which was popular. He’s kind of an unapologetic jerk of a character, and he makes a return in what I’m assuming is a second installment of that game, so I just finished that. - Josh Keaton, voice actor
How in the hell... That'd be such a mindfuck :lol .

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Scrubking said:
Maybe he was a robot... or a clone.

Or the plot will pull a Metal Gear Solid 2.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Stormbringer said:
From this interview (via Go-nintendo)

How in the hell... That'd be such a mindfuck :lol .

I hope this is true so much, cause then that would mean Suda is doing the ultimate cliched sequel where all conventions and events of the first game are thrown out the window and people who should be dead are brought back to life.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
God's Beard said:
he is Raiden, afer all.

The pieces begin to fall together.

Snake = Travis?

Metal Gear?

markatisu

The-Switcher said:
What? Raiden only played Henry.

Anyway, I'm at a point where any Desperate Struggle news is awesome.

I think the most awesome is that the voice work is being done (and in this case finished) so the game must be moving along

EatChildren

Gryphter said:
I freaking LOVE this game and it's not even out yet. I wonder how deep Shinobu's going to be involved.

If the return of Destroy Man means the return of Bad Girl I'm going to explode with joy.

EatChildren said:
If the return of Destroy Man means the return of Bad Girl I'm going to explode with joy.

Yeah, DM got cut in half vertically....but he survived somehow.

Bad Girl only got impaled. Tis a flesh wound.

Dascu

With No More Heroes, we first got that cel-shaded teaser trailer with Travis vs Helter Skelter. It was still called Heroes then. The first actual trailer with gameplay footage was shown at GDC of the subsequent year.

And we know Suda's going to be at GDC again this year.

Get the hype train rolling guys.

Nicktals

Banned
I hope each half of his body is a different character.

I also hope Helter Skelter returns. If it involves bringing back the dead, or jury-rigging robots into corpses, or whatever the fuck Suda's crazy mind comes up with to bring Destroyman back, I hope it can bring Helter Skelter back too!

Of course it could be a flashback, or just a bit part, or any number of things....but fuck i'm excited about this game.

Yazus

Nicktals said:
I hope each half of his body is a different character.

I also hope Helter Skelter returns. If it involves bringing back the dead, or jury-rigging robots into corpses, or whatever the fuck Suda's crazy mind comes up with to bring Destroyman back, I hope it can bring Helter Skelter back too!

Of course it could be a flashback, or just a bit part, or any number of things....but fuck i'm excited about this game.

Yes please.

Top Bottom