• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV is about 50-60% complete - Tabata

Not how assets work, they don't need to throw any thing they have made in the trash.
Character models were likely used for all levels of rendering capacity. A pre rendered character model is not different from the in game model. It's why an intro like the FFXIV prerend intro can be so filled and shockingly detailed, because they have already made like millions of assets for the game.

Different clothing and hairstyles maybe but that's far from starting over.

final-fantasy-versus-13.jpg

final-fantasy-15-ps4.png

final-fantasy-versus-13-stella.png

final-fantasy-15.png

Look at the increased geometry and objects in the environment, Stella's new model. You think they didn't throw away any assets?

Toth

FFXIV was built as a fanservice game though. It's what it's supposed to be, the "Final Fantasy MMO" instead of a Final Fantasy game that also happens to be a MMO.

Meanwhile Toriyama games post XIII are like LOVEE MEEE.

He was talking about main numbered FF games though. XIII-2 and LR are sequels. Even with XIII-2, the fan service moments came from optional DLC.

To throw some more positivity in here :

I'm glad Tabata is now helming the project since I liked 3rd birthday and loved Cris core and Type-0. Sure they were flawed (like about everything on earth lol) but as a whole they were some fine and satisfying exepriences. I really trust him on this.

jschreier

I was just reading the Famitsu interview they put up: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201409/22062014.html

In his very first reply in the interview, Tabata specifically says that he joined the project in July 2012, at the request of Wada himself, and that was the turning point where they decided to change Versus XIII to XV, switch platforms, and change the direction of the project.

July 2012. The exact date of Kotaku's expose. Once again:

Kotaku 500% vindicated! Let's give credit when credit's due. :)
Cheers. We probably could've used a less hyperbolic headline, but yes, in retrospect it's pathetic how Square Enix tried to deny this and throw us under the bus.

jett

D-Member
Eh, not true. The Behemoth stage, if you look at the skybox are all modern skyscrapers. The arena has a touch of architecture that makes it look less modern, but it's still in a modern city.

So far, we've seen two areas from FFXV ( in earnest ):

Behemoth stage : modern city.
Accordo : Venician city with Leviathan.

I guess they're still aiming for the realístic modern cities, the car and the city in the TGS trailer are hints of this direction.

It has a feeling of modernity, but it's not generic like what was shown in the last Versus gameplay demo, which really just looked like Tokyo at night.

It has a feeling of modernity, but it's not generic like what was shown in the last Versus gameplay demo, which really just looked like Tokyo at night.

This may be true, the home city of Noctis is a beautiful looking place even tough is a modern city, I think this is their direction now, original modern cities, no more 100% Tokyo like.

Yep. Remember hearing/reading about it days ago.

Yea Tabata did mention it. But remember, they mentioned new info in gameshows like TGS last year and we got nothing for over a year.

Glad to hear that, maybe they'll play a portion of the demo in the event.

ec0ec0

that kotaku tittle:

"The Man Who Saved Final Fantasy XV"

Maybe, he did save FF XV. i wanted them to save FF versus XIII. Anyway, waiting to try that demo.

Servbot24

Banned
Something wrong?

I don't think you understand how the development process works...

Due to constant revisions there is always a chance of stalling or losing progress. They probably spent years fluctuating around 20%. The farther you get into it, the more you have to commit to your choices, and you begin making progress at a steadier rate.

Its crazy so many people arent reading the op. Same the overblown reactions about the combat system. I guess its 8 years of penned up rage lol..

cackhyena

Have they talked about gear at all? Is this even that type of game anymore? Just wondering if I can cover up these lame ass clothes with...something else.

Derp

I don't think you understand how the development process works...

Due to constant revisions there is always a chance of stalling or losing progress. They probably spent years fluctuating around 20%. The farther you get into it, the more you have to commit to your choices, and you begin making progress at a steadier rate.
I think you've missed the fact that my post was a complete joke. I mean... 2022? Honestly?

Top Bottom