• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Like a one man human centipede"

oVerde

Banned
ALRIGHT!!! My playstation lasted 2 hours lmao!

Gotta send it in for service.
1367953531_ptMJSJU.gif

Steel

Banned
I'm totally concerned if it's not just a one off. Seems like it is though.

Those saying "dont push it then" or "it only wobbles when you press it" are missing the point. What's concerning people is that if that gif is correct, that person's console isn't sitting flat to start with, and pushing on the corner straightened it up.

However, there's no evidence that this is more than just a one off so far - so no need to panic yet.

Someone grab the picture of where the feet are. The problem isn't that it's not sitting straight: It is. It's just has feet on one side and the middle and non on the far side, so while everything is level a bit above ground, you can push it so it's not. ONLY if you push it though.

I forgot some things in my list

• Can't use AA batteries with DS4
  • Really cheap bundled headset
  • Knack getting horrible reviews
  • No HDMI pass through
  • Day 1 console patch!!?? (lazy)
  • Sony pushing their music service on you (don't fall for it!)
  • Only about 400GB of usable HDD space (you'll need to buy a bigger drive)
  • Limited supply, (most people will be screwed and not get one for a long time)

Don't foger that the number 4 is unlucky in Japan. No good can come from this console

It should have been named 1080PS

Oh, I think its ridiculous as well.

But potential hardware problems are a much more serious concern.

If it becomes a widespread issue then can agree with that. But as it sits now the wobbling is not only an issue that seems to affect all of the consoles but it was also done intentionally. And since it doesn't affect the actual performance of the console I won't be surprised if doesn't get addressed til we see a PS4 Slim in five years or so. That will drive me nuts.

Boke1879

Sucks that it had to happen to you bro, but this is always the case with launch systems. Better this stuff happens now so it can be ironed out within the next few weeks/months. Lets just hope this isn't widespread.

The_Lump

Banned
Someone grab the picture of where the feet are. The problem isn't that it's not sitting straight: It is. It's just has feet on one side and the middle and non on the far side, so while everything is level a bit above ground, you can push it so it's not. ONLY if you push it though.

I saw the pic.

Look at the gif again. It's not level before he pushes it.

Again, it's probably a one off thought as no-one else is reporting it.

Theeze

Neo Member
I'm getting tired of the word isolated.
DS4 has issues, hopefully it's Isolated
HDMI port is flakey, hopefully it's isolated
PS4 bricked, Hopefully it's isolated.

Has it ever occured that these consoles are rushed and will guarantee a problem once received? I'm actually worried.

remix-push.jpg
Push it real gooood!

Damn, that really sucks dude. Hopefully it's a fairly quick turnaround.

Hopefully for Sony and for gamers picking up the PS4 over the next few days this is an isolated issue.

Good luck getting your console back ASAP.

Did you try what I told you?

Listen to me:

If there is an option to Reinitialize/Reinstall firmware/Restore system, use that one. Rebuilding the database doesn't sound like it should fix this problem. You gotta reinstall everything through USB.

Also, after restoring/reinitializing/reinstalling the firm, if after rebooting the PS4 doesn't display anything, try changing the inputs of your TV/Monitor, cycle through them and come back to the HDMI. Where I work, we had that problem sometimes and a lot of people thought it was a brick.

Good luck mate.

If you can boot in safe mode you should be able to fix it.

I already commented on this in the original thread but there better be something wrong with that table. If my PS4 doesn't lay flat I'm going to go crazy. I know for sure that if my system bricks Sony will fix it but will they treat that issue like it's a defect or not?

Kotaku had an HDMI port problem, but considering OP had it working, maybe it's something else? Or maybe it's not passing the HDCP handshake?

DoctorZ

I'll be getting the extended warranty with accidental damage as I have a ton of Sony Rewards. I cart my PS3 from my gf's place to mine nearly every week (and often my heavy ass PC too) and I expect to do the same with the PS4. Better to have peace at mind in the end for me. Even though its highly unlikely to be worth the extra $60.

flkraven

I just dont' get why are people freaking out? Its bound to happen, when you make millions of something, some will be duds.

Freak outs are happening because there have been multiple reported issues and the console isn't officialy out yet. People just want to know if this is just the standard new tech defect rate or if we are looking at RROD levels of disfunction.

Anything under a 3% failure rate is a success tbh, and if people thought that 100% of systems would work in the first run of builds.. then i got news for you.. more will break.

Gaf is going to be a crazy place to hang for the next few days.

Marleyman

Banned
Anything under a 3% failure rate is a success tbh, and if people thought that 100% of systems would work in the first run of builds.. then i got news for you.. more will break.

Gaf is going to be a crazy place to hang for the next few days.

Try for the next 2 weeks; wait until the Xbox One units malfunction.
they will

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Freak outs are happening because there have been multiple reported issues and the console isn't officialy out yet. People just want to know if this is just the standard new tech defect rate or if we are looking at RROD levels of disfunction.

Let the hyperbole begin. My God.

Zep

Banned
I already commented on this in the original thread but there better be something wrong with that table. If my PS4 doesn't lay flat I'm going to go crazy. I know for sure that if my system bricks Sony will fix it but will they treat that issue like it's a defect or not?

Looking at it head on it really looks flat...until you press down the left side.

Steel

Banned
Taco bell gave away about 4k ps4's if I recall right? 4 public cases out of 4000(granted there's possibly more cases that aren't being reported) would not point to an absurdly high failure rate yet.

Top Bottom