• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koji Igarashi Kickstarts Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (2.5D, backdash, 2018)

Nori Chan

Just backed this game up for $100. I love metroidvania game, but am sad to say that I have yet to play an igavania game :(

My friend keeps recommending me to play Symphony of the Nights. I believe its on 360, should I give that a whirl?

Just backed this game up for $100. I love metroidvania game, but am sad to say that I have yet to play an igavania game :(

My friend keeps recommending me to play Symphony of the Nights. I believe its on 360, should I give that a whirl?

Does a bear shit in the woods?

lol get on it mang!

JSR_Cube

Anyone who hits the remind me button on kickstarter will get an email reminder at 48 hours left. There will be a big bump then. We will hit $4 mil I think for sure.

Bluth54

This is the first kickstarter I've followed. I followed an indiegogo though, but how many gamers out there haven't put money on this who are interested? I might be underestimating the amount of gamers out there with fat pockets.

Check out the daily funding for some other big games like Pillars of Eternity and Torment Tides of Numenera. The last few days typically get a nice boost from people who didn't pledge before and want to get it before the kickstarter ends, as well as people who up their pledges.

Man, I just backed this for $100 today, but I'm debating moving up for the artbook. I like the art, but at the same time I don't really LOVE the art. I guess I got a few days to do the mental tug of war and maybe change the pledge.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Allowing a DRM free version at release does kind of seem a little odd considering there is a still a publisher willing to fund millions into the game. I mean its good but kind of surprising.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Allowing a DRM free version at release does kind of seem a little odd considering there is a still a publisher willing to fund millions into the game. I mean its good but kind of surprising.

I'm not sure I understand which part of this is conflicting or surprising.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I'm not sure I understand which part of this is conflicting or surprising.

Usually games launching on GOG drm free are very indie and dont have simultaneous releases happening on game consoles. Especially when a publisher is funding most of it.

Seik

Banned
I don't think it should super surprise anyone that orchestrated music was the last decent-idea stretch goal they had in their back pocket, lol.

I'm not surprised at all, but man, I hope this goal will be reached.

I fear it won't happen though, :(

I don't think it should super surprise anyone that orchestrated music was the last decent-idea stretch goal they had in their back pocket, lol.

I'm kinda surprised they didn't flip the two, have VS (if that is indeed what is next) on the way to the big 4 million mark and half the Orchestra at that number.

I mean, I'm glad we got it, it's just curious placing is all. ;p

Crocodile

Ben Judd had said in the comments on the Kickstarter that the stretch goal at 4.5 million dollars is bazonkers so I guess we shall see.......

Well I mean, at this point what else is there? An even biggerer castle? :p

Flip the castle and then flip it sideways. Then flip it again :p

Ben Judd had said in the comments on the Kickstarter that the stretch goal at 4.5 million dollars is bazonkers so I guess we shall see.......

Did he use the word "bazonkers"? lol Although I'm intrigue what it is.

Still, wondering if they saved something really cool for the 50 achievement bonus stretch goal.It's looking like it'll 50 will be unlocked before all is said and done, who knows how high and what it'll be though.

Eusis

Yeah, that's the way to go. Sometimes a synth instrument can add an element that a symphony can't, and you use it in your track. Sometimes a symphony adds something the synth can't. Up to the artists to decide what flavors they want to use :)
Exactly, and why a full symphonic OST is NOT good news to me. SotN was great for being varied, and something like aix of SotN and LoI tracks would be best to me, especially with LoI style ones brought to a yet higher level of quality.

jb1234

Exactly, and why a full symphony is NOT good news to me. SotN was great for being varied, and something like aix of SotN and LoI tracks would be best to me, especially with LoI style ones brought to a yet higher level of quality.

It's very unlikely that they'll use a symphony for every piece. And even when they use it, they'll probably layer electronic elements, like that percussive beat Yamane likes so much. SotN had plenty of classically inclined pieces that really could have benefited from live instrumentation.

Crocodile

Did he use the word "bazonkers"? lol Although I'm intrigue what it is.

Still, wondering if they saved something really cool for the 50 achievement bonus stretch goal.It's looking like it'll 50 will be unlocked before all is said and done, who knows how high and what it'll be though.

Ben Judd to backers on Kickstarter

@Germain I wouldn't speak too soon... You have yet to see what could be lurking at 4 and maybe even 4.5...

@Daniel, Otoshigami Um... Yeah... I look pretty stupid now remembering when I was worrying whether we would hit our initial goal now that we are the biggest video game kickstarter at this point. Who can say what our final week will be like... but I really, really, really hope we hit 4.5 million...

@Sentinel07 We'll see... We are kind of breaking new ground with this campaign so I don't know what to expect from the last week. I just know that we talked everything over with R&D and the stretch goal at 4.5 economically works but we'd still need some amazing momentum to get there.

He didn't use the word "bazonkers" but its clearly something substantial if he had to double/triple check it with R&D and he really wants it to happen.

Pretty much all the fanart(posted here anyway) is better than the official art of Miriam. I really hope it improves for the game itself.

Dafuq? It's no Kojima but the art still pretty damn good

CEvard3WoAAFrTK.jpg:large

Astral Dog

uh, im a little short on money right now, but i want to back this, was thinking about a Digital Edition, but would prefer a physical one, and the $100 one is very tempting!

Whats the one you choosed ?
, who even knows what i will be doing two years from now, could be a bum but dat keychan.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Dafuq? It's no Kojima but the art still pretty damn good

CEvard3WoAAFrTK.jpg:large

Eh. It's all right.

The character concept sketches are where it gets me. Pouty lip syndrome, especially for Gebel. And the way the faces are shaded makes them seem really featureless.

Astral Dog

Eh. It's all right.

The character concept sketches are where it gets me. Pouty lip syndrome, especially for Gebel. And the way the faces are shaded makes them seem really featureless.

Yes, the art is not bad, but could be better.im hoping they modify it a littlle over time.

A-V-B

I just hope there's a BOATLOAD of interconnecting between the zones, ala SotN.

(this WILL hit 4mil. 4.5 is a biiiig stretch though.)

jett

D-Member
Well, finally. Dat stretch goal. Make it so.

versus mode for sure.

Wonder if it's 'who can do this level better' or 'fight each other.'

Also, sigh, that's a lot of exposed... curse...

Also, she looks way better without that dumb crown thing.

It's hilarious how her massive tits seem to be about to burst despite being wrapped up in bandages. Japan plz.

Dremark

Banned
Orchestral music is basically a lock. Vs Mode still has a very good chance. I dunno about this mythical $4.5m goal though. :p

I could see it hitting 5M as an absolute maximum so I don't think 4.5M is off the table. I think we'll at the very least hit Vs. Mode though.

Dremark

Banned
I feel dumb for saying this, but I thought it was Ayami Kojima's work at first.

I could tell it wasn't Kojima but assumed it was Hirooka. I guess it came down to expectations and having not looked at his art in a long time. Looking at it after the fact it isn't even remotely similar.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I could tell it wasn't Kojima but assumed it was Hirooka. I guess it came down to expectations and having not looked at his art in a long time. Looking at it after the fact it isn't even remotely similar.

Well when it started and I was comparing things it looks like the artist tried to copy Hirooka's style down to the way they did the noses but I don't think got his design sense or coloring ability down at all.

I just hope there's a BOATLOAD of interconnecting between the zones, ala SotN.

(this WILL hit 4mil. 4.5 is a biiiig stretch though.)

Its possible if the 4.5 goal is really crazy awesome... but if they do not show what it is then I doubt it will get there...

Dremark

Banned
Well when it started and I was comparing things it looks like the artist tried to copy Hirooka's style down to the way they did the noses but I don't think got his design sense or coloring ability down at all.

That's more similarities than I noticed, when I looked back and looked at Hirooka's work I honestly wondered if I needed new glasses or something.

Dremark

Banned
Yes. And DRM is entirely pointless and dumb and has been for 17 years at least.

I probably slows the process at least. I'd imagine the goodwill from DRM free probably outweighs the delay from DRM though.

Also DRM free will make the physical PC version a lot more worthwhile, assuming it's that way on the disc.

Theonik

Oh, looking at the numbers, we may yet hit 4.5m if we really try, at least 4.3 is feasible I think.

I probably slows the process at least. I'd imagine the goodwill from DRM free probably outweighs the delay from DRM though.

Also DRM free will make the physical PC version a lot more worthwhile, assuming it's that way on the disc.
It takes a couple of days to break most DRM schemes, and most pirates are acclimated to wait for that to happen.
The benefit of not treating your customers like criminals is much more significant.

yay ^___^

The more options the better ;p
I rather have the deepest single player experience possible. After all that's the main reason why most of us signed on to back this Igavania game. A HoD mode would be too difficult and different to properly implement. Not to mention too different from the style of game I was wooed by.

I rather have the deepest single player experience possible. After all that's the main reason why most of us signed on to back this Igavania game. A HoD mode would be too difficult and different to properly implement. Not to mention too different from the style of game I was wooed by.

You can still have "the deepest single player experience and still have an additional multiplayer mode like the one suggested. It's not like adding it immediately means the work on the single player will definitely be weaker.

So you can't say it's "Too Difficult" without better knowing of the situation, and if it's an extra game mode, you're more than welcome to never use it if that particular one doesn't woo you.

I agree, other then assuming the difficulty of the undertaking. But I've always disagreed with the concept of "more is better".

Pretty amazing online coop hasn't been a goal. Local coop was one of the first unlocks. If local coop is going to be there making it online should be a pretty important objective in 2015.

Pretty amazing online coop hasn't been a goal. Local coop was one of the first unlocks. If local coop is going to be there making it online should be a pretty important objective in 2015.

People assume that online coop was a standard part of the game since it was talked about in the pitch video, and local coop was the stretch since it was something to be added. No real confirmation one way or the other though.

Top Bottom