• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Captain N said:
Yup..starting weapon is the Hammerburst.

I was disgusting with the Hammerburst in the first Gears online, but I don't like the changes they made to it for Gears 2. I pretty much never use it now. It's not really a "Hammerburst" anymore.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Damn, I knew Fuel Station would be a great map for Horde, but I didn't realize it would be this good.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Hmm. I have found a new glitch (maybe not new but the first time I've seen it).

On River, under the stairways in the two main buildings, is an iron fence with a boiler looking thing in it. This dude would get himself in there every round. So annoying. It would basically ensure that his team would win or at the worst stalemate (because nobody could get him in there, even with a frag). However, justice prevailed. We were down 4-2. We tied it up by managing to kill this guy before he could get in to his regular spot for two straight rounds. Anyways, 4-4 and on the last round of course he gets in there. We had a eureka moment and threw a gas grenade in there. He died. :D

Another problem I'm having is sometimes it doesn't show my rank in the lobby. There's just a space next to my name. Happened twice tonight. I gotta hear people whine "oh my god, we got a guy who has never played before!"

DoomGyver

RSTEIN said:
Hmm. I have found a new glitch (maybe not new but the first time I've seen it).

On River, under the stairways in the two main buildings, is an iron fence with a boiler looking thing in it. This dude would get himself in there every round. So annoying. It would basically ensure that his team would win or at the worst stalemate (because nobody could get him in there, even with a frag). However, justice prevailed. We were down 4-2. We tied it up by managing to kill this guy before he could get in to his regular spot for two straight rounds. Anyways, 4-4 and on the last round of course he gets in there. We had a eureka moment and threw a gas grenade in there. He died. :D

Another problem I'm having is sometimes it doesn't show my rank in the lobby. There's just a space next to my name. Happened twice tonight. I gotta hear people whine "oh my god, we got a guy who has never played before!"

That's been around since.. the week after launch. Best way is to either throw an ink in there or get the mortar and hip fire it behind that boiler. Sometimes frags work if you get lucky.

whitehawk said:
Ya, so I played Gears 1 again tonight.

So much more fun. WHAT HAS EPIC DONE TO GEARS?

Noob fest, 'adapt' like I have and just plant a smoke at spawn and camp.

Works like a charm :)

be prepared to get hate messages, such as "dickhole" and "cheap bitchass punk" =)

Aladuf

Banned
whitehawk said:
Ya, so I played Gears 1 again tonight.

So much more fun. WHAT HAS EPIC DONE TO GEARS?
Ugh, I had no fun playing Gears 1 a few weeks back after playing Gears 2. Gears 1 is so sloppy compared to 2.
Full Recovery said:
Noob fest, 'adapt' like I have and just plant a smoke at spawn and camp.

Works like a charm :)

be prepared to get hate messages, such as "dickhole" and "cheap bitchass punk" =)
:lol Are you serious? You actually got messages from people about that shit last night? I started doing it a bit today to an extent since I was inspired by you and it was pretty damn effective.

winalot said:
Sorry if this has already been posted but it's news to me.

Melee attacks and grenade detonations through walls.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IK1SbOWONpM
ohh boy.. how the fuck does stuff like this happen?

I don't eagerly await this happening to me.

Aladuf

Banned
Full Recovery said:
I just played a match of annex... I was the only one on my team.

i hate this shitty broken game fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Dude, like I said the other night.. get CoD4 PS3 again and we'll have some other MP to play for once.

DoomGyver

Aladuf said:
Dude, like I said the other night.. get CoD4 PS3 again and we'll have some other MP to play for once.
Meh, I don't want to buy it again.

I'll just wait for Killzone

Aladuf said:
:lol Are you serious? You actually got messages from people about that shit last night? I started doing it a bit today to an extent since I was inspired by you and it was pretty damn effective

edit: just caught your edit and yeah.. people are douchenozzles. I feel like saying that to people when it happens to me sometimes, especially if I slide down an entire staircase because of a smoke, I'm just too lazy to take the time and send people a message. : /

After watching that video of the wall glitching I don't think I could stomach another online match. It was bad enough that half the matches I played earlier had people doing some invisible shield glitch. =\

Edit: Wow it really does work. I tried it with a friend in a private match and if the wall is thin enough (and the other player isn't against it from pushing a) you can melee them to death. Epic, you fucking suck. =(

Voltron64

winalot said:

4py51c.gif

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
some of you guys are actually the smoke planting camping douches?? Respect -1 ;)

I totally understand if the odds are aganist your favour but me, Mr Affluenza and some others were in a public match against one team, and 1 of their guys just camped constantly from the off.

even when they had 2 guys vs our 1, the 2 guys just hid somewhere, planted a grenade and waited. It was the most annoying tactic, just willing to go for a draw when you had 2 vs 1.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
If you ignore the person vs person aspect of gears online and assume it's only horde mode, the game is excellent!
Had some great games with Brakara and Level 8 boss last night, shame our host bailed after about 14 rounds or so on the second game.
Really not giving this up until I make it 1 to 50 in one game online.
It's brutal though, in the later levels (35 and up) once a boomer shows up with some friends it can be bye bye team in about 20 seconds if you are standing next to each other.

The inevitable 'help my friends' gets more people killed quite frequently as well.

I don't really understand how anyone plays competitive. I played it about 4 times and each time it was smoke grenade followed by shotgun to the face. It's just retarded, the smoke grenade is like getting hit by a maulers club. ridiculous and should not have made it past design. I mean the smoke is deadlier than a frag grenade!

kaizoku

winalot said:

omg, if you ever needed proof that Epic didn't play test this shit. Or maybe they just played it the way they thought it should be played and everything worked fine if you just stick to their vision.

Certainly seems that way.

kaizoku

catfish said:
If you ignore the person vs person aspect of gears online and assume it's only horde mode, the game is excellent!
Had some great games with Brakara and Level 8 boss last night, shame our host bailed after about 14 rounds or so on the second game.
Really not giving this up until I make it 1 to 50 in one game online.
It's brutal though, in the later levels (35 and up) once a boomer shows up with some friends it can be bye bye team in about 20 seconds if you are standing next to each other.

The inevitable 'help my friends' gets more people killed quite frequently as well.

I don't really understand how anyone plays competitive. I played it about 4 times and each time it was smoke grenade followed by shotgun to the face. It's just retarded, the smoke grenade is like getting hit by a maulers club. ridiculous and should not have made it past design. I mean the smoke is deadlier than a frag grenade!

I was dead and watching the action in overhead cam once and the blast radius for the smoke is huge! and the guy went flying. ridiculous. Anyone who says otherwise just doesn't care about the subtleties of the game.

I think horde mode broke PVP, they tweaked it as best they could for both, but it just doesn't work, so I think they went full on horde and left the players to just cope with the imbalances in PVP.

Brakara

catfish said:

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I'm not too fond of Day One, since it gets pretty cramped up there. And especially if a couple of Kantus also spawn nearby and spam you with ink grenades.

catfish said:

Particulary with tons of locusts nearby just waiting for you to get to your friend. Just before the host left yesterday, I managed to get down to revive Level 8 boss, got downed myself, he revived me, he got downed and I revived him again. All in the span of just a few pretty intense seconds. Doing heroic revival runs is part of what makes Horde so fun. Even if you die.

kaizoku

damn you guys, I was gonna play last night but I fell asleep before I turned my xbox on. Let me know if there's a space tonight, I'm in the mood for some horde action now.

F#A#Oo

Banned
I was playing Horde with a few Gaffers a few weeks ago and I joined at wave 15 or something...and we were really doing very well progression wise and we managed to finish it all up within a couple of hours...and it was only at the end I was told it was on casual...:/ I was so gutted I actually thought we were playing on atleast Normal or Hardcore and really well...but when I really thought about it...It was way to easy the way I was taking down Butchers with only a few shotgun shots. Usually on Hardcore or Insane a Bolter or Drone will take my head off...never once did I eat a head shot during that Horde which is pretty rare as Drone's and Bolters usually take me out with their curving shots at 90 degree angles most of the time even when your in cover they curve that boltok/sniper shot...:lol

JimiNutz

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
NutJob your my hero bro. I tested my shotgun out at the beginning of every map and if it was insant
I went with it and if not I went standard rifle. Improved my play time considerably thanks again man.

No problem man.
Glad I was of some assistance :D

kaizoku

F#A#Oo said:
I was playing Horde with a few Gaffers a few weeks ago and I joined at wave 15 or something...and we were really doing very well progression wise and we managed to finish it all up within a couple of hours...and it was only at the end I was told it was on casual...:/ I was so gutted I actually thought we were playing on atleast Normal or Hardcore and really well...but when I really thought about it...It was way to easy the way I was taking down Butchers with only a few shotgun shots. Usually on Hardcore or Insane a Bolter or Drone will take my head off...never once did I eat a head shot during that Horde which is pretty rare as Drone's and Bolters usually take me out with their curving shots at 90 degree angles most of the time even when your in cover they curve that boltok/sniper shot...:lol

you gonna be around for some horde tonight mate?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Very nice Epic. Wow... this is just embarrassing. Epic should be so fucking ashamed this is even happening. For fuck's sake, for how long did they work in this game? 9 months? Man

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I dunno. I have such a love/hate relationship this game. Last night the only glitching I came across was at River (as described above). A couple games saw dropouts, one game started 5-3. But overall I had a hell of a time.

The game is such a blast when it's working well... we all love it... which is why we're so passionate and disappointed when the game lets us down. Hope you understand Cliffy. We're only angry because it's such an awesome game. If we didn't care we wouldn't say anything...

RSTEIN said:
I dunno. I have such a love/hate relationship this game. Last night the only glitching I came across was at River (as described above). A couple games saw dropouts, one game started 5-3. But overall I had a hell of a time.

The game is such a blast when it's working well... we all love it... which is why we're so passionate and disappointed when the game lets us down. Hope you understand Cliffy. We're only angry because it's such an awesome game. If we didn't care we wouldn't say anything...
This.

RSTEIN said:

This as well.

I love the flood. Its one of the few (2?) stages where you are not forced to go straight. Not to mention that immulsion rises pretty high up.

There were a couple of times where I was being chased and the rising immulsion cut off my pursuers.

Another it was me against the whole enemy team and the immulsion had risen so significantly 80% of the stage was covered. They finally spotted me and all 5 ran towards me. I ran towards the lava.:lol

I like all the stages really.

In order though because I like lists.

1. Gold Rush
2. Flood
3. Fuel Station

Baker

Banned
I just had my first experience with faux teenage stoners smoking themselves through the Security lasers at the beginning of every match.

The host was also almost completely invincible. It even got to the point where I downed him once, but instead of crawling, he could still move around and shoot.

Zezboob

_dementia said:
Totally deserved.
Too bad, with the DLC they will probably reach the 3rd place next week.

winalot said:

Epic always delivers.

So this time they paid more attention to the multiplayer.... riiiiiiiiiight.

RSTEIN said:

I already saw this kind of post... a lot of them... wait I remember now, it was on Epic forum for Gears 1.

They don't really give a fuck, period.

whitehawk

Banned
RSTEIN said:

This x3

Anyone want to give me 800 points to download the maps? I'll give you a code for a free download of PixelJunk: Eden:lol Which although on a different platform is an amazing game.

Aladuf

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
Anyone want to give me 800 points to download the maps? I'll give you a code for a free download of PixelJunk: Eden:lol Which although on a different platform is an amazing game.
If I had 800 points and didn't already have PJ Eden, I'd do it.

ToyMachine228 said:
i'd like to help you out, but i don't have a PS3 and i also can't ethically condone someone spending 800 pts on this

winalot said:

Was this just so fucking dumb that nobody thought to do this or did they glitch something?

Personally I've gotten killed by frags from such a range and through cover and it made zero fucking sense to me. I always passed it off as just lag and perhaps not seeing its trajectory as well as I thought I had...but after seeing this vid...

:(

I don't think the melee is TOO much of a problem because most players don't think to walk up and melee the wall, exploiting the glitch where it does occur. Grenades however ARE a problem. I've been killed by plenty of grenades from through walls, around corners, overtop of cover, you name it. I'm not sure if they will be able to fix the geometry to change this. It's the same way with Smoke Grenades as well. You can be knocked down with Smoke Grenades from around corners, from the other side of cover, etc.

Soul4ger

Okay, I'm trying to do co-op on Insane. I'm sitting, and no one is joining my game. Anyone care to help out? My GT is bloodian, add me and I'll invite you. HALP.

Dosia

Melee is a big problem if you can do it through a wall... It happened to me today and once the word gets around it will be horrible. This seriously has got to be the most broken game I have ever purchased. I still love it though and can't wait until it gets fixed. *crosses fingers*

Scarecrow

Wanting to know if anyone is up for partnering up with me for some Wingman. I'm tired of everyone else quiting on me after the first round. I'm well aware that I blow, but geez people.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Damn I really want to play the new maps on Horde, but not too many people on my friend's list have them or if they do they they don't want to play Horde.

So, if anyone wants to have a run at them gt: Valvoga

And Soul4ger what the hell, man why did you leave that Horde match, we beat it like fifteen-twenty minutes later.

Top Bottom