• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT2| June 12: Judgment Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welfare

Goku and Naruto were more naive than stupid to me. Super definitely makes him out to be really childish and dumb though.

CrazyDude

Goku and Naruto were more naive than stupid to me. Super definitely makes him out to be really childish and dumb though.
Goku has died a million times and brought back to like. Every time he dies the oxygen is cut off from brain causes damage to it.

Calvero

Banned
Goku has died a million times and brought back to like. Every time he dies the oxygen is cut off from brain causes damage to it.

Goku has only died twice. People exaggerate the amount of times characters die. You can't be brought back to life more than twice with the Dragon Balls. Goku is only alive b/c the Elder Kai gave him his life.

Yeah Cell sucks. Also the last part makes me doubt we'll go beyond the Uub stuff. Or not who knows

Cool interview. He really emphasized the fact that he wanted to "signal this truly was the end" of the original manga. Makes it sound like he doesn't want to continue beyond that. It will be interesting to see how Super will end. I still think it should've taken place after the original end though.

He's talking about what was going though his mind when doing the Buu arc and the ending because he just wanted to be done with it, I don't think that will effect what he does with the series now that he has returned.

Zalman

He's talking about what was going though his mind when doing the Buu arc and the ending because he just wanted to be done with it, I don't think that will effect what he does with the series now that he has returned.
True, but the fact that he mentioned it in this recent interview makes me wonder. I hope I'm wrong though.

True, but the fact that he mentioned it in this recent interview makes me wonder. I hope I'm wrong though.

He was asked how he felt drawing the final part of the manga, and that was how he felt... I don't really see how you can glean much more than that from it.

Slaythe

Goku has only died twice. People exaggerate the amount of times characters die. You can't be brought back to life more than twice with the Dragon Balls. Goku is only alive b/c the Elder Kai gave him his life.

Er... No.

Krilin died more than twice. And yet he's fine. So did Piccolo.

Goku asked them not to be revived.

Namek Dragon Balls can revive anybody, regardless of how many times he died.

The first episode of the new arc is cool, still don't like the art style but the new stuff if finally here.

Also, I want to post that beautiful drawing of Murata for the 30 years of Dragon Ball, the colors are made by a member of Gamekyo:

ob_7b369b_czz0rtgusaaxvcg.jpg

Calvero

Banned
Er... No.

Krilin died more than twice. And yet he's fine. So did Piccolo.

Goku asked them not to be revived.

Namek Dragon Balls can revive anybody, regardless of how many times he died.

i need to brush up. forgot about the Namekian dragon balls not having a limit

Skii

I just watched ep 28 and it was great. Loved the new content, the solid animation and the character interactions. The last 2 episodes alone make Super better than anything that happened in GT.

exfatal

Also correct me if i'm wrong, I heard that Gohan was Toriyamas favorite character.. If so why is he treating poor Gohan like this?
He use to be my favorite character all the way up to Buu saga... why is he doing this to him, i can't even stand seeing him on screen anymore :(
even the manga they treating him like dirt
im just hoping Piccolo actually trains his ass back to at least half of what he use to be.

Also correct me if i'm wrong, I heard that Gohan was Toriyamas favorite character.. If so why is he treating poor Gohan like this?
He use to be my favorite character all the way up to Buu saga... why is he doing this to him, i can't even stand seeing him on screen anymore :(
even the manga they treating him like dirt
im just hoping Piccolo actually trains his ass back to at least half of what he use to be.

Toriyama's fav alternates between Goku and Piccolo

I don't know why and I know it makes sense but I always find it kinda funny hearing a writer talk about which of their own characters they like/dislike.

Question (manga spoilers)
I read the latest chapter and didn't see it state anywhere that Piccolo is going to train Gohan. Gohan wasn't in the chapter at all, actually so where did you guys read that this is going to happen?

Episode 27 of the anime:

Oh.... should I watch that episode now? Or is that the only interesting revelation that episode 28 and the manga don't already reveal? I guess this implies they won't jump to the tournament right away which makes sense as the anime is at a much slower pace than the manga.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Oh.... should I watch that episode now? Or is that the only interesting revelation that episode 28 and the manga don't already reveal? I guess this implies they won't jump to the tournament right away which makes sense as the anime is at a much slower pace than the manga.

27 is the end of the Resurrection F events and provides a conclusion not seen in the movie or manga. The manga isn't the full picture here - a lot has been omitted due to time and because the manga isn't the main product here, the anime is. That said, the manga did drop a couple hints about
Gohan's potential being the highest and he's absent from the tournament so far despite everyone else being there. It's definitely suspicious.

TrueBlue

I need to get back into watching this show now that the new content is coming. I just wish where was a simulcast or something. :/

Ah well. From what it's worth, the impressions and possibilities are making me excited for what comes next.

27 is the end of the Resurrection F events and provides a conclusion not seen in the movie or manga. The manga isn't the full picture here - a lot has been omitted due to time and because the manga isn't the main product here, the anime is. That said, the manga did drop a couple hints about
Gohan's potential being the highest and he's absent from the tournament so far despite everyone else being there. It's definitely suspicious.

Well with
Buu out, it'd sure be nice if Gohan busted his ass in training and took the spot but I've learned to not hold my breath on turning the Gohan bus around. At this point, pleasantly surprise me, Toriyama. I still don't see how Piccolo is supposed to hang either. No amount of training would catch him up to Goku and Vegeta's level and you just know that a couple of these opponents will be stronger than those two. Maybe he can just outsmart and overconfident fighter and knock them out of the ring or something... Whatever, the fun is sitting back and seeing what will unfold!

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
You are not alone Toriyama, I also enjoyed the adventure and humor more than the battles :(

DB Super would benefit from being adventurous, at least in my opinion because I always thought new planets and alien life in the dragonball universe were intriguing. There's a ton of planets the gang's never been to yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom