• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rinne no Lagrange 17
9safq.png

:I 8
Good old fashion cat fight. Things are happening now, and did the preview just say that
Madoka and Yuriyuri swapped bodies?
Well, whatever, more bath scenes please.
sNoAL.jpg

I don't know.

Jarmel

Banned
Hyouka did a solid amount. Just not the megahits people were used to from kyoAni, but certainly not a Nichibomba.

From my understanding a season 2 is unlikely because there's little else to adapt.

It depends if Kyo-Ani was expecting it to be a megahit and judging by the resources, I would say they were.

Jarmel

Banned
Do studios ever release budget numbers? I've heard of a few cases but by-and-large it seems like the gaming industry where nobody says jackshit.

Articalys

Saimoe Round 1 - Group G, Day 2 Results

G02
1st 296 Nodoka Haramura @ Saki
2nd 122 Mio Kitahara @ Ano Natsu De Matteru
3rd 91 Ami Futami @ The Idolmaster

G06
1st 239 Hitagi Senjougahara @ Nisemonogatari
2nd 131 Kouko Fukuyo @ Saki
3rd 120 Suzuha Amane @ Steins;Gate

G10
1st 293 Ako Atarashi @ Saki
2nd 124 Yuniko Kouzuki @ Accel World
3rd 89 Rena Ryuuguu @ When They Cry

--------------------------------------------------------

Today's match preview

Go go Piyo

Hells

These subtitles gave me a headache. Why can't they remember that every sentence needs a subject? They're fine outside of that, but every "Hard to keep going" and the like made me crazy.

This is practically the perfect cosmicblizzard movie. I like the craziness, some of the action, Linne, and basically the entire art direction, but it was the most literal-minded breakdown of shonen haato that I've ever experienced. It makes Spiral Power look subtle. That's not even an exaggeration.

I'm glad I did my part to support fairly-priced anime in Japan, and I had a good time with it, but there are so many parts where the pacing grinds to a halt so people can talk about how much they believe in something or another that I couldn't imagine rewatching it past the first 45 minutes.

Guess I gotta realize just because I really really love something doesn't mean being super enthusiastic wouldn't be overhyping it :(

OceanBlue

Saimoe Round 1 - Group G, Day 2 Results

G02
1st 296 Nodoka Haramura @ Saki
2nd 122 Mio Kitahara @ Ano Natsu De Matteru
3rd 91 Ami Futami @ The Idolmaster

G06
1st 239 Hitagi Senjougahara @ Nisemonogatari
2nd 131 Kouko Fukuyo @ Saki
3rd 120 Suzuha Amane @ Steins;Gate

G10
1st 293 Ako Atarashi @ Saki
2nd 124 Yuniko Kouzuki @ Accel World
3rd 89 Rena Ryuuguu @ When They Cry

--------------------------------------------------------

Today's match preview

Go go Piyo

Kotori looks like she has an easy win.

Jex

Summer 2012 Preliminary First Volume Sales

*7,758 *1 Tari Tari [DVD+BD]: 2012/09/05
*4,278 *1 Oda Nobuna no Yabou [DVD+BD]: 2012/09/05
*1,900 *1 Moyashimon Returns [DVD+BD]: 2012/09/05

Interesting start to the season's numbers.

Tari Tari is really racking it in, those are some strong numbers. That's er, interesting to say the least.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's the melodrama.
If that were true, Kokoro Connect would trump it by miles.

Interesting, Right Stuf and their Nozomi Entertainment label have put up a teaser site for some sort of acquisition announcement tomorrow morning:

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/comingSoon/

"Join us Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2012 at 12 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. CT / 10 a.m. MT / 9 a.m. PT"
They're competing with the Apple announcement? lol

I hope it is Wandering Son, but I suppose it could be anything at this point.

jbug617

Banned
Oda Nobuna 10

Nene makes an appearance. I enjoy her work in the series, she steals most of the scenes she is in. It was very interesting to see
the prince is really the princess. So that marriage makes sense in terms of making her brother into a girl. Oda gets shot and I expect Monkey to go into crazy mode.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
In one of the Japanese real-time watching threads for Kokoro Connect I ran into this comment:
http://cha2.net/cgi-bin/test/read.cg...346423715/3804
"This anime is like a collection of only the serious parts from each eroge route."
Hahaha.

I can't compare it to other shows, but I can say that the spike in Tari Tari preorders coincided with the airing of the episodes which pushed the drama with Wakana.
Well, it was also when they threw in that catchy insert song, so maybe people like the music. lol

Jex

New Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai PV!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl-3VnX8Rs0

Looks fantastic.

As tempting as it is to think that after Hyouka KyoAni can do no wrong two important facts stick in my mind:

a) Hyouka was really quite boring for far too long despite KyoAni's best efforts and

b) Nichijou was really quite boring for the majority of the show despite KyoAni's best efforts.

Keeping those two items front and centre allows me to temper my expectations of this work which, in turn, will allow me to be pleasantly surprised if it turns out good.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
As tempting as it is to think that after Hyouka KyoAni can do no wrong two important facts stick in my mind:

a) Hyouka was really quite boring for far too long despite KyoAni's best efforts and

b) Nichijou was really quite boring for the majority of the show despite KyoAni's best efforts.

Keeping those two items front and centre allows me to temper my expectations of this work which, in turn, will allow me to be pleasantly surprised if it turns out good.

I believe you should put "in my opinion" above those two seemingly tautological statements (that you state are "facts") lest we have yet another pointless KyoAni debate.

Persona 4 Animation - episode 1 dub

Only had it playing in the background, but Margarat definitely sounds like Rukia Kuchiki, and I still cant not see or imagine Ichigo Kurosaki as Yu. Yusuke sounds like loads of fun, and all the other npc's sound alright. Chie is still not good even through a full episode so will probably be the low point for me for character, and Yukiko is somewhat decent, unfortunately I went with AMZN for the DVD, so I guess next week for this.

Jex

I believe you should put "in my opinion" above those two seemingly tautological statements (that you state are "facts") lest we have yet another pointless KyoAni debate.

I mentally insert "in my opinion" above every single post I write and every single post I read. I suggest everyone else do the same to avoid unnecessary confusion and anger.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I mentally insert "in my opinion" above every single post I write and every single post I read. I suggest everyone else do the same to avoid unnecessary confusion and anger.
I suppose that's implicit to everything on the internet, but... this is the internet. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom