• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Halo 3 Beta Thread

thatbox

Banned
CONFIRMED. YOU GUYS KNOW I HAVE BEEN IN HERE FOR LIKE 20 HOURS. CLEARING YOUR CACHE WORKS. I AM DOWNLOADING NOW.

AGENTS ARE GO (**** you Microsoft Team)

Xirj

Adding my cents to legendary thread. It's painful really, I've been try to was the time upping my ranks in Catan, but I don't know how long I can last.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Oh you dirty cock suckers! I'm going to work now and they got the beta working! :(((((((( AAAAAA

Be back in a couple hours.

I know that maintence trick won't delete save games, but it does reset game updates. Will that affect Crackdown at all? I would love to play Halo 3 but I'd rather wait 20 minutes and get it legit than do a maintence and screw my Crackdown save.

Edit: **** it I don't care! This will ensure a speedy download.

thatbox said:
CONFIRMED. YOU GUYS KNOW I HAVE BEEN IN HERE FOR LIKE 20 HOURS. CLEARING YOUR CACHE WORKS. I AM DOWNLOADING NOW.

AGENTS ARE GO (**** you Microsoft Team)

so are you save games and all that save? what exactly does it delete?

gwiz210 said:
IM DOWNLOADING OMG

payasugo.gif

suikodan

I am currently downloading it but it's stupid that I need to be inside the game to get it. I cannot go to sleep w/o leaving the thing on, which pisses me off.

Anyways, I'll play later I guess. :lol

EDIT: What's this thing about clearing the cache? I launched Crackdown, got the update and went to download the Beta.

Linkzg said:
so are you save games and all that save? what exactly does it delete?
It removes game updates and clears the cache, all other files stay as they were.

*edit* I had to do the same thing when capcom released the latest lost planet update to try and fix the connection problems.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Eric WK said:
So far so good:

Games: 42
Last Played: 5/16/2007 6:52:30 PM
Total Kills: 662
Total Deaths: 422
Kill/Death Ratio: 1.5687
Total Assists: 224

Now it's time for a "Lost" break.

Combat Stats
Games: 111
Last Played: 5/16/2007 5:38:27 PM

* Total Kills: 1372
* Total Deaths: 916
* Kill/Death Ratio: 1.4978
* Total Assists: 441

For those of you worried for your data. From the Xbox forums.

This will clear the system cache which means game patches will be deleted. but they can be redownloaded. It will not delete anything else. Your profile,saves and DLC will all be safe.

scarybore

briefcasemanx said:
maybe this is an version that isn't fully tested and could brick your 360??

Does nothing to your consoles firmware so there is no chance of bricking. All that button code does is remove any downloaded updates for any games you have played, which you will be asked to re-download next time you play those games anyway. Shouldn't be any troubles.

And yeah I'm downloading!

Top Bottom