• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Conference 2011 - Sept 13, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord_Byron28 said:
I'm not questioning them not being able to be developed so much as I'd be rather surprised if all of a sudden a floodgate of 3DS titles get anounced all at once. Seems to counter Nintendo's Wii/DS strategy of anouncing titles close to release date.

yea. I doubt more than one new nintendo title will be announced, with the rest of their focus being MH, previously announced games and maybe some new third party titles.

Pyrokai

Lord_Byron28 said:
I'm not questioning them not being able to be developed so much as I'd be rather surprised if all of a sudden a floodgate of 3DS titles get anounced all at once. Seems to counter Nintendo's Wii/DS strategy of anouncing titles close to release date.

I think they're hand has been forced to tell us what games are coming to 3DS considering the rut they're in with trying to sell the system in the first place.

Jonnyram

ShockingAlberto lol

12:48pm "I'm keeping my lips sealed about things I have heard, because if they do turn out to be rumors, I don't want it hanging over my head or getting people's hopes up."
12:53pm "But basically I was told that he expects to see a new Fire Emblem, a new Castlevania, and a Contra but doesn't expect a lot of people will be happy with the direction those games are taking."

Watertight, obviously.

Pyrokai said:
I think they're hand has been forced to tell us what games are coming to 3DS considering the rut they're in with trying to sell the system in the first place.

I agree. They're going to announce shit that's only exists as trailers, logos, and twinkles in peoples' eyes.

Jonnyram said:
ShockingAlberto lol

12:48pm "I'm keeping my lips sealed about things I have heard, because if they do turn out to be rumors, I don't want it hanging over my head or getting people's hopes up."
12:53pm "But basically I was told that he expects to see a new Fire Emblem, a new Castlevania, and a Contra but doesn't expect a lot of people will be happy with the direction those games are taking."

Watertight, obviously.

peer pressure, all of it
:

Nirolak said:
I'm curious about their accuracy, so I promise not to murder you. :p

Sennorin said:
I really wonder how *broad* this event is going to be. By that I mean, will it be rather narrow, focusing on a small amount of titles (like making MH3G the big focus), or will they present a video reel with dozens of new 3DS-titles (Endless Ocean 3DS being one of them :>).

"I know something but I won´t tell". Come on, son, you know you cannot do that. Spill the beans. :>

Nirolak said:
Yes, to add to this note, we generally have a policy of "say things or don't say them at all."

nckillthegrimace said:
I agree. They're going to announce shit that's only exists as trailers, logos, and twinkles in peoples' eyes.

Did somebody say Advance Wars, cause i heard Advance Wars....maybe I should go to sleep.

Jonnyram said:
ShockingAlberto lol

Watertight, obviously.
I'm no longer in the business, it's very freeing to never worry about NDAs again. :p

GDGF

Soothsayer
Akai said:
I'm most interested in how Fire Emblem could possibly take a direction "that people wouldn't like," and I don't think a change in visual style is really a "different direction" per se. Like a more action-focused game would most certainly peeve off SRPG fans...

Maybe they plan on Battalion Warsing Fire Emblem. That would piss a few people off I'm sure.

D-Pad

God, I know I'm the only one who wants another Judgment (really bad), but... Guys, I mean, c'mon! With all the fighting games on 3DS, why wouldn't Konami want a piece of it? It'll also give them a chance to fix everything that was wrong ith the Wii version (which was really only the controls, and the awkward looking cutscenes).

EmCeeGramr said:
fire emblem, but from the lovely folks at nippon ichi software
The hero will confront the evil queen and mock her for being a flattyflatflatterson and then she'll go "VIDEO GAME REFERENCE" and everyone will laugh and laugh

Instro

D-Pad said:
God, I know I'm the only one who wants another Judgment (really bad), but... Guys, I mean, c'mon! With all the fighting games on 3DS, why wouldn't Konami want a piece of it? It'll also give them a chance to fix everything that was wrong ith the Wii version (which was really only the controls, and the awkward looking cutscenes).
Yes, yes you are.

D-Pad

Instro said:
Yes, yes you are.
MiQB2.jpg

AceBandage said:
This.
I'm not a big fan of normal FE, but I'd play a Musou game.
Play Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

I "liked" the series but Path of Radiance made me love it.

AceBandage said:
Sorry, the only TBS games I could ever get into were Shining Force 1 and 2.
Well congrats, Fire Emblem is really a whole hell of a lot like those games.

The SF games were my gateway to them, too. They're really similar.

Pyrokai said:
I think their hand has been forced to tell us what games are coming to 3DS considering the rut they're in with trying to sell the system in the first place.
True. They've already done a few things in the past month or so that seem to run counter to their strategy on Wii/DS.

Yeah..... I'm not a huge fan of FE either. I would love for them to take it in another direction, but I'm sure they wouldn't do that. As for Castlevania, I actually wish they'd make another game similar to the Metroid design, those were awesome games.

Father_Brain said:
I do have a very hard time believing that that slick Contra E3 logo teaser was for a 3DS game and not a console title, though.

Logos are actually being broken down for this generation, this is the greatest thing ever.

Not bashing you, FB, I think you're a great poster, but the thought of breaking down logos blew my mind.

Thoraxes

EatChildren said:
Lots of people who arn't big on Nintendo seem to have MGS3DS way up on their list of titles that would make them buy the system, but I'm not sure why. The game is great, but its clearly a half-arsed port from KojiPro. All those beautifully improved assets from the original Naked Sample demo are gone, and the whole project stinks of being rushed. Plus, many hands-on reports at E3 said it controlled like shit.

I wouldn't count on it being any good, and anybody thinking of buying a 3DS really should buy one for completely different reasons.
I was excited to buy it until I saw Snake Eater was going to look really different from how Naked Sample looked.

If it looks that bad, and lacks 3DS Mothership attachment support, there's really no reason for me to buy it over the MGS HD Collection. Other people have different situations though, this just happens to be mine.

AniHawk

ShockingAlberto said:
The hero will confront the evil queen and mock her for being a flattyflatflatterson and then she'll go "VIDEO GAME REFERENCE" and everyone will laugh and laugh

IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE

The M.O.B

LOCK said:
NOOO I love metroidvanias :(

Also, please don't move away from 2D.

I wouldn't care if it was 3d, but it better be sidescrolling.

If I recall correctly didn't the DS ones have a lot of 3d in the backgrounds?

Thoraxes said:
I was excited to buy it until I saw Snake Eater was going to look really different from how Naked Sample looked.

If it looks that bad, and lacks 3DS Mothership attachment support, there's really no reason for me to buy it over the MGS HD Collection. Other people have different situations though, this just happens to be mine.
I'm buying it, but I already own three copies of MGS3 and am getting HD Collection for both systems, so...

Foffy

Banned
I at least hope the Castlevania rumor is true. The game's been rumored to be in development since December last year.

Thoraxes

ShockingAlberto said:
I'm buying it, but I already own three copies of MGS3 and am getting HD Collection for both systems, so...
MGS3, MGS3: Subsistence... and another copy of Subsistence?

LOCK

The M.O.B said:
I wouldn't care if it was 3d, but it better be sidescrolling.

If I recall correctly didn't the DS ones have a lot of 3d in the backgrounds?
Yes they were becoming 2.5D games.

Yeah, and I meant side scrolling also lol

kunonabi

I know people are tired of the n64 ports but I would love a proper Castlevania 64 remake. Improve the graphics, bring back the towns and rpg elements that were cut, whip swinging, etc and I would forgive Konami for all their BS these last few years. Damn, time to listen to the CV64 OST.

kunonabi said:
I know people are tired of the n64 ports but I would love a proper Castlevania 64 remake. Improve the graphics, bring back the towns and rpg elements that were cut, whip swinging, etc and I would forgive Konami for all their BS these last few years. Damn, time to listen to the CV64 OST.
The 64 Castlevanias got a lot of shit, a lot of it deserved, but there was some genuinely interesting stuff in there.

pramath

Banned
If you're bringing Castlevania to the 3DS, at least do it right and bring us one along the lines of Order of Eclescia.

kunonabi

pramath said:
If you're bringing Castlevania to the 3DS, at least do it right and bring us one along the lines of Order of Eclescia.

OoE was too dull much like the vast majority of Castletroids.

I liked Judgment myself. It was horribly unbalanced but had a much better combat system than all the other power stone fighters and the characters had pretty different play styles. Not to mention the game had a great sense of humor. A better single player mode, better balance, more platforming, classic character designs, more characters, and some higher production values would really go a long way. I didn't mind the character designs myself aside from Eric.

The online scene for judgment was pretty solid too.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ok, I think we should talk about it here

Chris1964 said:
Hmm, but from what I learn we aren't done with big announcements maybe including this year too.

Chris1964 said:
I can say the source is unquestionable and is not 2ch
bwahaha

Chris1964 said:
Big announcements for 3DS this year won't end at September event.

And we know how he is reliable.
Chris, if you want to enlighten us here...

HYDE

Banned
BY2K said:
TPS Contra wouldn't be THAT bad if done well.

3D Castlevania doesn't bother me, after Lords of Shadow.

And I never played Fire Emblem, so I can't comment on that one.

1. Imagine Vanquish Contra.

2. I'd want the 3D to be like Dracula X remake on PSP.

3. Same.

Thoraxes said:
Oh man Alberto, that one banned Nintendo website is reported your rumors in a rumor story.
LET THE CRAZY SPREAD!
THIS IS KIND OF EXACTLY WHAT I DIDN'T WANT TO HAPPEN

...oh well. I guess this is a good test of fire for my source.

Bring on the crazy.

Gravijah

ShockingAlberto said:
THIS IS KIND OF EXACTLY WHAT I DIDN'T WANT TO HAPPEN

...oh well. I guess this is a good test of fire for my source.

Bring on the crazy.

Tar and feathers. Tar and feathers. Tar and feathers. Tar and feathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom