• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan lines up for Final Fantasy III at 3AM

yayaba

Hm, it would've been better if they put a transition effect and load the data in the background instead of having a pause in between battles.

Even a simple blur out or swish out would've helped to mask the loading and I'm sure that in itself wouldn't take that much power.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Amir0x said:
Yeah, I can understand that view. FFIII is the worst FF to me, but so it's the one most in need of a remake. Some of the changes they made DO seem to fix critical flaws in the original, so I'm optimistic. If nothing else, it'll be something to play.
Honestly, if done right, this remake has good chances to be BEST FF EVER! FF3 was so juicy with potential, but held back so much by the Fami. :(

DataBot

Amazing Game looks like a sure buy . Show us more Pics of crazy people lining up for this crazy Game.
BTW DS GOTY !!??

What are the chances that this will end up being the highest-selling FF game on any Nintendo system? (I know one of them sold like 2.5 million on the SNES)

cvxfreak

NintendosBooger said:
What are the chances that this will end up being the highest-selling FF game on any Nintendo system? (I know one of them sold like 2.5 million on the SNES)

Pretty slim I'd say.

It's interesting that the original Famicom FFIII was the first million selling FF in Japan, though. Sold 1.4 Million. If FFIII is as popular as the DS allows it to be for a non-training/Mario/AC game, then maybe this one will outsell the original version.

NintendosBooger said:

I can see good sales, but that might be out of the question.

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
NintendosBooger said:

I think I predicted 800,000 units sold in Japan, but I might revise it up or down next week. Until then, I think ~ 1 million is pretty accurate.

Tabris

Yeah, well unless it sells 2 million in first 3 days, as a basically original FF title, it doesn't compare with it's brothers on the console.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Tabris said:
Yeah, well unless it sells 2 million in first 3 days, as a basically original FF title, it doesn't compare with it's brothers on the console.

Bad joke? I hope?

Tabris said:

Who said it would do either of those things?

As far as I've seen, the highest estimates from Nfans is top out at ~2M lifetime. And that's fringe.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Tabris said:
:lol

man it would be really funny if this game ends up selling more than ff12 (I doubt it but still...) would love to see the reactions.

Zeed

Banned
AdmiralViscen said:
Who said it would do either of those things?

As far as I've seen, the highest estimates from Nfans is top out at ~2M lifetime. And that's fringe.
I've seen plenty of people claim infinity. Some meant it, too.

Tabris said:

Yeah, it's so much more impressive to sell 2 million one week and 1,000 the next than it is to sell >2 million over time

mutsu

Don't ever compare console RPG sales to handheld RPG sales. The audience is simply different. Even when you have the same user base for the PS2 and DS, the actual demographic of the users are completely different, therefore sales of games will also be completely different.

Error2k4 said:

man it would be really funny if this game ends up selling more than ff12 (I doubt it but still...) would love to see the reactions.

I'm way more interested in seeing the reactions if SE announced a remake of FFVII for the DS.

cvxfreak

Tabris said:

Can't wait until you call Crisis Core's lines impressive. :D

ethelred

cvxfreak said:
Pretty slim I'd say.

It's interesting that the original Famicom FFIII was the first million selling FF in Japan, though. Sold 1.4 Million. If FFIII is as popular as the DS allows it to be for a non-training/Mario/AC game, then maybe this one will outsell the original version.

Yeah, slim chance of it being the highest selling Nintendo FF in Japan, but worldwide I think it's got a great chance of achieving that. I expect over a million in Japan, and it'll rack up some very, very nice sales in Europe and North America (far bigger than what RPGs generated back in the day).

Tabris said:
Compare that to FFXII lines. It's impressive, but not that impressive for a FF game.

Tabris said:

Your obsessive need to bash on everything related to the DS, or Nintendo in general, really is pretty sad. :)

NintendosBooger said:

A historical look at the main series sales by region:

ffwwsaleszk1.png

I used to have the sales/shipments by region of all of Square's titles years ago but my data has since bin erased along with some other sales data when switching over to a newer computer.
Some of this is by memory and I'm not exactly sure about the NA FF1 sales but 0.68m is the minimum it sold but IIRC it sold/shipped closer to 0.72m.

Zeed

Banned
Square2005 said:
A historical look at the main series sales by region:

ffwwsaleszk1.png

I used to have the sales/shipments by region of all of Square's titles years ago but my data has since bin erased along with some other sales data when switching over to a newer computer.
Some of this is by memory and I'm not exactly sure about the NA FF1 sales but 0.68m is the minimum it sold but IIRC it sold/shipped closer to 0.72m.
So it just has to top 3 mil worldwide. I can see that happening.

Darn it... Before I watched the video, I wanted it thi(x1000)s much.

Now I want it thi(x99999999999999999999)s much. Time is cruel.

cvxfreak

From the Famitsu article, here are a few details of the lines:

- 3AM there were 80 people, but 8:30AM there were 150.
- Yodobashi Camera in Akiba opened up 45 minutes earlier than usual (they usually open at 9:30)
- Crystal White edition sold out within 30 minutes at Yodobashi, within an hour at other places
- Some people left for other places because the hardware bundle sold out
- More people at various other locations in Shibuya and Ikebukuro

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Busaiku said:
*Fap fap*
That box is so hot.

EDIT:
h-103_58932_200reji.jpg.jpg

Didn't the sales associate to the right used to sell X-Box 360's?
:lol he's in every sales thread where there are pictures. He was in the pink DSL thread too I think.

Top Bottom