• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GfK Chart-Track] UK Monthly Charts - November 2016

Yeah, the PS4 had proper BF deals here in the UK. The XB1 deals just seemed like an any other week offering.

People jumped on those -£200 PS4's, as the XB1 was already in or around those numbers it just didn't have the same desire or affect.

So in one weekend alone sony managed to claw back the 20k units xbox was leading them for 2 months and sold 30k more?

Damn. Do we have estimates how the rest of the month panned out hardware wise?

bombshell

So in one weekend alone sony managed to claw back the 20k units xbox was leading them for 2 months and sold 30k more?

Damn. Do we have estimates how the rest of the month panned out hardware wise?

November weekly sales

Week 1
Xbox One: ~24k
PS4: ~21k

Week 2
PS4: ~65k
Xbox One: ~45k

Week 3
PS4: ???
Xbox One: ???

Week 4
PS4: 142,578
Xbox One: 92,578

Total
PS4: >>228,578
Xbox One: >>161,578

Good or not, they expected about this since financial forecast which is pretty long time ago(even before One S released).

And about the deals during November, see above.
There are many reason that combined to make Xbox One dropped in BF week(deals, PS4 Slim/Pro release etc), but for MS they pretty much already expected that, in fact they maybe unexpected that Scorpio announcement didn't hurt One S that much.

So you're saying that in a financial report months ago they already accounted for hardware sales being considerably down despite their hardware revision yet to launch and having big games like Gears 4 and Forza Horizon 3 coming out?! Do you have a link?

BKK

uFalM.png

ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES) November 2016 (Oct 30th - Nov 26th)

Code:
[B]Physical Software Sales by Format (Units)[/B]

01 (01) PlayStation 4 - 1,825,425 ([B]+4.07%[/B])
03 (04) Nintendo 3DS - 424,422 (+227.08%)
09 (08) PlayStation Vita - 8,241 (-53.96%)

Thanks for this Bruno.

PSV Less than 0.5% of PS4, yet both still only get a Top 20 chart. Steins;Gate 0 was #1 in PSV chart that week, but didn't make the All Formats Top 40. At least we got to see it chart somewhere. That was Black Friday week, and PS4 had 19 titles in the Top 40, so only having a PS4 Top 20 is pretty worthless for seeing how niche titles like Steins;Gate 0 did on PS4.

Incidentally, this is just Chart-Track being lazy and not updating their code, as 3DS still gets a Top 50 chart.

As for these Black Friday hardware sales. Are online stores still not counted until they ship? That was certainly the case before, but I don't follow so much nowadays to know if that's still the case. Anyway, I bought a PS4 + FIFA + COD + Uncharted for £220 from Amazon on Black Friday, which was supposed to ship then, but they kept on putting the date back and only just sent it out this week. So I presume that their orders were way more than their stocks (they delayed it about 3 times), and wonder if all of those Black Friday sales were actually counted by Chart-Track that week, or counted when they shipped (cancellation option was always available whilst I was waiting for them to send it).

Anyway, I just bought the PS4 to play Steins;Gate 0 (and later Yakuza), that seemed like the best value bundle, and I can sell the bundled games (which I wasn't interested in) on Ebay for £100+ and end up with a new PS4 for ~£120. It was a pretty enticing offer on PS4 that week.

Top Bottom