• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Modern Warfare Remastered releasing on June 23rd, listed by german shop

zeelman

Yep, avoid it. The first few weeks were pretty great because it was like the original with better graphics. Now, Raven has taken it upon themselves to push micro transactions and change the game mechanics, namely - they've removed the timer in HC TDM. That to me is unacceptable. I traded the game shortly after they put that in.

Raven is owned by Activision, they made the decision to add micro transactions to the game.

im_dany

I knew they added microtransactions, but I didn't know it was so bad. Are people blowing it out of proportion because they think their presence in any form "taints" a game, or do they actually throw off the gameplay balance? I've said for a while I'd consider buying MW1 Remaster if they released it standalone, but if it's the latter, they can fuck right off.
The game was already unbalanced on last gen, but it was so much fun and you could unlock everything anyway. Now it takes too long to open boxes, or atleast it did when they launched.

I wanted the previous experience, I didn't even care for the shiny graphics.

How do you trade in a digital download?

On X1 there's no code, it's all on one disc, but you have to download all of MWR and most of IW

Fisty

Remember when I said I would buy this when it was available separately? Yeah that was before the microtransaction bullshit. Good job Acti

Blader

I'm only in it for the campaign, so microtransactions and other MP additions don't really bother me at all. But $40 for a standalone remaster is pretty steep. Do they value Infinity War as being worth just as much?

RdN

$39,99 is kind of steep...

But I'm missing some COD in my gaming, and I absolutely despise what the recent ones have done.

We'll see.

kuYuri

As someone who still plays MW:R (on occasion, don't have a lot of time these days), is it 'ruined' purely because of the supply drops/microtransactions or have they made other changes I'm not aware of ? For example from what I've seen/used of the DLC weapons none of them are as good as the base weapons, the M16 is still god tier, and nothing feels overpowered at least on the DLC front.

Genuinely curious here.

You talking about the XM-LAR ? Good weapon but its recoil is fucking insane compared to the M16/AK47.

Unless this new gun that they are referring to can one burst people from across the map with Stopping Power with the same accuracy as the M16, nothing could ever top the M16.

As far as I'm aware, none of the new weapons are any more powerful than the ones already in the game.

Hip Hop

Because people who buy a remaster OBVIOUSLY want a new experience, not the one they remember.

I definitely did want a new experience, was pissed when they listened to all the people that wanted the same gun sounds as the original.

I played the original to death. I don't need the exact same game again.

Switch version or bust(but without that microtransaction garbage and free map pack). I'll buy it day 1 if it has the map pack and all the err other dlc for $60

MorshuTheTrader

Neo Member
Honestly, the changes aren't that bad. None of the guns are any better than the base guns, and they can all be earned through just playing the game. To unlock the guns, you need to unlock a set of items that are found in drop boxes, but the items can also be crafted with material that you earn.

If anything it just adds new things to work towards rather than just constantly doing prestige.

You talking about the XM-LAR ? Good weapon but its recoil is fucking insane compared to the M16/AK47.
Nope. The BOS14. It has the same damage output as the AK-47 but low recoil, higher rate of fire, and silencer doesn't affect its range. Smaller benefits include fastest reload when you factor in reload cancel, fastest ADD time, and highest magazine size. Among automatic assault rifles of course.

I bought it on release because I got a pretty sweet deal (£30 for IW and the remaster), played it for about 2 hours total. It's nowhere near as fun as it was back in the day. Replaying it made me realise that I only really played it because there weren't that many good online FPS games.

Remember when I said I would buy this when it was available separately? Yeah that was before the microtransaction bullshit. Good job Acti

That's not Activision's fault. People are buying them. They're making bank. Blame the current COD fanbase.

Newlove

If this is real I think one of the most requested changes is fixing One Man Army + Danger Close grenade launcher spam. And tac insert boosting. MW2 is one of my favourite CoDs, I would be tempted to dive back in.

I'm only in it for the campaign, so microtransactions and other MP additions don't really bother me at all. But $40 for a standalone remaster is pretty steep. Do they value Infinity War as being worth just as much?
I
$40 for a 10 hour single player game.. Totally not worth it. You're better off renting it or waiting a couple years and buying it off used.. Or try multiplayer.

I definitely did want a new experience, was pissed when they listened to all the people that wanted the same gun sounds as the original.

I played the original to death. I don't need the exact same game again.

A remaster isn't a remake. A remaster is taking the original and polishing/updating it a bit, why would you expect it to be a new experience? That's not what the definition of remaster is.

If this is real I think one of the most requested changes is fixing One Man Army + Danger Close grenade launcher spam. And tac insert boosting. MW2 is one of my favourite CoDs, I would be tempted to dive back in.
I think you're confused. This is just CoD 4 remastered.

dreamfall

I hope they sell it separately, the community on PC is anywhere from 50-400 players. It's just sad. I'll probably get around to picking this game up mad cheap again on the PS4, just to have anyone to play against, MTs and all.

Shiggy

I would totally buy this if if came to the Switch.

But it's not.
41013XHDAYL.jpg

I hope they sell it separately, the community on PC is anywhere from 50-400 players. It's just sad. I'll probably get around to picking this game up mad cheap again on the PS4, just to have anyone to play against, MTs and all.

I think selling this on pc would at least add a couple thousand online players, making core tdm viable. I feel like most people that bought IW want to play the current Cod, so having the option available there definitely could be a spike in players.

Falchion

It had to happen eventually, I'm actually glad it was bundled at first because it got me to play through Infinite Warfare which was actually really good.

Theorry

40 dollar. Jesus.
I am so happy i am not invested in COD anymore since 2009 or something. I would have a feeling i get ripped of every chance they get.

McLovin

Wait 39.99, games old as shit(from rerelease date) and they added micro transactions? They must really not want people to buy this thing:/
I would buy vanilla for 29.99, anything more and they can F off.

Top Bottom