• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godzilla Unleashed (Wii) revealed - screenshots, info, etc

MasterMFauli said:
Uh, what? Graphics dont look too hot :-/
owRes-textures all the way.

But besides that, i like Godzilla and the controlls sound fun.
IGN lists this as a Q3 release. So the graphics should look even better by then. :)

Actually, for a licensed game, this looks really quite. They're obviously putting a fair bit of effort into both the gameplay and visuals.

If it turns out good then I'll definitely be supporting them.

NotWii

Banned
Ynos Yrros said:
Shouldn't the crystals on her back, and beam going out of her mouth be green? Come on devs, it's Godzilla, not some cheap dragon.
What?
Go watch more Godzilla films, it's NEVER been green.

Game looks oook.

llTll

Banned
this game reminds me of the early GC life when soem developers annouced Godzilla game on the GC exclusive. then later down the road it came to another system and every GC fanboy was pissed or something [ there was big thread about it on ign back in the day :lol ]

and now having this godzilla game at the early Wii life is kinda funny

on the other hand. this looks good graphics wise

llTll said:
this game reminds me of the early GC life when soem developers annouced Godzilla game on the GC exclusive. then later down the road it came to another system and every GC fanboy was pissed or something [ there was big thread about it on ign back in the day :lol ]

and now having this godzilla game at the early Wii life is kinda funny

on the other hand. this looks good graphics wise
Yeah I remember that. :lol Though the sales and review scores of the Godzilla GC game were better than the Xbox/PS2 Godzilla game.

But most likely we'll see 'Godzilla Unleashed' appear on Xbox 360/Ps3 down the line as well. Such is the circle of life. :)

This news makes the Godzilla fan in me so happy <3

I was just watching Godzilla movies on Scream on the weekend. I had to play GOD: DAMM after. I really enjoyed that game when it came out. Now that I played it on Wii it looks even better since I'm using component cables. I was just thinking how cool it'd be to have a Godzilla game built from the ground up for Wii and well, here it is. Please be online!

Muppet345

CreatureX3 said:
But most likely we'll see 'Godzilla Unleashed' appear on Xbox 360/Ps3 down the line as well. Such is the circle of life. :)
Is it even possible? It seems the control scheme makes it unportable, unless they change it, or remove your ability to do so many attacks at the same time. The most you could do with a standard pad is two while jumping/moving, I believe. Face button, control stick, and trigger.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
this could have been done on GC. But then these guys were never going to make a graphical powerhouse of a game...as long as it is fun though (I've never played these games)

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I was hoping the control method would be to strap two Wiimotes to your feet and just stomp around.

The novels I read (Godzilla Returns, and Godzilla 2000) always made me think the spines glowed blue when he shot his radiation beam.

Stitch

Gold Member
Pureauthor said:
The novels I read (Godzilla Returns, and Godzilla 2000) always made me think the spines glowed blue when he shot his radiation beam.

depends on the movie. in vs. destoroyah his spines glow red and his laz0r is red too.
godzredah8.jpg

Godzilla Save the Earth did not make it to the GCN because Atari said "It didnt have online functionality"

Which is uneducated horseshit, but that pretty much explains what happened to Save the Earth...

I should probably get this, I skipped it on GCN but rented the game and liked it.

Donnie

MrSardonic said:
this could have been done on GC.

Possibly, but it would have taken a top developer to do it. Compare this game to the original Godzilla on GC, or even the followup on XBox, it looks miles better then either of them.

Epiphyte

Man, the third monster may be the most generic design I have ever seen. Hopefully the scaly lionesque one wins, as I can't think of many Toho monsters that are quadrupeds.

Top Bottom