• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GitHyp: LawBreakers Final Beta Player Counts Down 40% Compared to Previous on Steam

I can only speak for myself but I didn't play last wekend's beta because the previous one already sold me and the full game is a week away anyway.

Not this would have saved the game but unlike his past series Unreal Tournament and Gears of War there is no single player component, not even bots to mess around with. Bots would come in handy if you like the game and there's no one to play with with any more.

It looked better than I expected when I watched it on Twitch a few days ago. Like a mix between arena shooter and Overwatch. It honestly gave me the impression there's a place for this in the market, something which I doubted before, but these numbers don't instill a lot of faith.

Vandiger

Good game but bad timing, Overwatch is too good and there are some other shooters coming out that will wipe them out soon maybe they can hone it into something like Warframe, if they are dedicated.

Shredderi

Didn't like it that much. Also couldn't really tell the characters apart while in game. The visual style is super boring and that sealed the deal for me. I kinda feel bad for the team because they didn't rush this out. I feel like I've been hearing about this game for years and now it's here and it will almost definitely amount to pretty much nothing.

Another multiplayer hero arena shooter - Yaaaaaaawn. Loved gears but this seems like a step in the wrong direction. I wonder if his company will survive?

I haven't played this, I'm sure it has its merits and is cool in some ways, but its a rough market, and I don't think this game has done enough to convince many people that it has its own personality worth taking a break from OW or Fortnite or PUBG or whatever.

kevin1025

Banned
I played the beta on PS4. The game plays well, but outside of that I didn't have a ton of fun with it. Overwatch is there when I need that itch scratched. I hope the game does well, but it isn't for me, unfortunately.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Sucks to see, game is actually surprisingly fun and the movement mechanics are pretty insane.

Not being f2p is going to hurt this a lot too, seems much harder to grow if there's already little mindshare. It does look generic and the new player experience wasn't great which are more marks against it.

I thought the game was very fun, hero shooter but more hitscan based like quake or ut. However it screams free to play in 6 months so I'll just wait for then.

Alienous

They couldn't have had high expectations for a PC-focused arena shooter, so hopefully its sales justify its budget.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Don't do this
Ignorant? Sure. Racist? I haven't seen any evidence of that.

if you say "Macklemore is the first mainstream rapper with something meaningful to say in years" the year after Kendrick Lamar released his first studio album you are likey both an idiot and a racist

The game is SO generic-looking...and steals ideas from every other game.

And everything it does that makes it different is so cringey.

Movement feels good, and all the characters I tried seem pretty competent. Prolly liked the gameplay more than Overwatch because it feels a bit more individually-rewarding with effective weapons across the board and abundant health on the map, but the aesthetic is unmemorable. Aside from the juggernaut class I'd struggle to identify the silhouette of any character I was fighting. Character dialogue (what little there was) seemed a bit tryhard.

Gametypes seem very well thought out. The turf war mode enables huge swings with the ability to shut the other team out of points, and stuff like the shot clock in Blitzball is a smart addition. Also enjoyed the emphasis on symmetrical modes that can break out into attack/defend gameplay once a battery or uplink gets slotted in at one team's base. The games can really get quite intense when both teams are playing the objective, and using two-base symmetrical maps enables a variety of gametypes on each one.

Played a decent amount and enjoyed it, but I'm just not really looking for an MP shooter right now when I'm already behind on Splatoon.

Wow sub 4k on a weekend? :/

I like the fast gameplay and everything about it felt good. The only thing I didn't like is how generic the heroes look from attitude to aesthetics, and I think that will be a struggle for advertising this game. Yes it's not "anime" like Overwatch but it helps to have some color/style in the palette.

if you say "Macklemore is the first mainstream rapper with something meaningful to say in years" the year after Kendrick Lamar released his first studio album you are likey both an idiot and a racist

Seriously? That makes you racist? Unaware and disagreeable, sure, but racist?

I remember when Cliff tweeted at Sony that MS was looking at his game and that they better get in on the action. Looks like MS passed.

But MS was probably securing PUBG around that time too...........

N° 2048

Movement feels good, and all the characters I tried seem pretty competent. Prolly liked the gameplay more than Overwatch because it feels a bit more individually-rewarding with effective weapons across the board and abundant health on the map, but the aesthetic is unmemorable. Aside from the juggernaut class I'd struggle to identify the silhouette of any character I was fighting. Character dialogue (what little there was) seemed a bit tryhard.

Gametypes seem very well thought out. The turf war mode enables huge swings with the ability to shut the other team out of points, and stuff like the shot clock in Blitzball is a smart addition. Also enjoyed the emphasis on symmetrical modes that can break out into attack/defend gameplay once a battery or uplink gets slotted in at one team's base. The games can really get quite intense when both teams are playing the objective, and using two-base symmetrical maps enables a variety of gametypes on each one.

Played a decent amount and enjoyed it, but I'm just not really looking for an MP shooter right now when I'm already behind on Splatoon.

This post nails it, if it was quiet time sure but holy shit look at August and then onwards. No space for this game.

Cliffy B in a nutshell:

Code:
[img]https://i.memecaptain.com/gend_images/MLOmIw.jpg[/img]

It's a boring game that that is going to go the way of Battleborn sooner rather than later.

Feel legit bad for Cliffyb even though he called us cunts.

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the guy 'cause he had a large roll in getting my back into gaming with Gears of War. But, he can really act like a dick sometimes. Like, he has no problem acting like the internet personified, which is a real bad thing for a company figure.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the guy 'cause he had a large roll in getting my back into gaming with Gears of War. But, he can really act like a dick sometimes. Like, he has no problem acting like the internet personified, which is a real bad thing for a company figure.

At least he's not Dana White bad.

forrest

formerly nacire
Looks interesting enough if it's your cup of tea. It's just not where my gaming interests currently reside. Good luck to Cliff and the team though. Wish them the best!

depward

I tried it. Eh so much was happening on the screen I was pretty overwhelmed.

I did chuckle when I saw those "stash drops" had moustaches.

I always try to play betas for games when I get a chance.

I put about 5 or so hours into the beta total, me and a friend had a really good time.
I really enjoyed the movement.
It was fun, but it wasn't ground breaking, and I kind of got my fill from the beta really.

If there was a single player using those mechanics, I might be more interested in buying one day.

Game would maybe do better as a F2P game. Although I guess even it's free beta didn't do good numbers, so maybe not.

I played two games. It didn't feel good to play on PS4. The aiming was fine, but it just felt standard. Like I'd played it, and better versions before.

The character designs are really muted in comparison to its competitors and it makes the game feel very sterile.

My immediate impressions afterwards was that there just wasn't any real reason to play it over something like Paladins, let alone Overwatch.

Just really didn't work for me

Top Bottom