• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEW] Forza 2 screenshots

SumGamer

I love the reflection, Ferrari shot is so great(if I can get this level of quality when I play it as well). A little complain about the blue stripe on Maserati in the nose shot though, Why the stripe looks so poor when overall everything seems to be great. Is it low resolution texture for temporary shot or something? Make it nice straight line please.

Not that I would notice it when I play it though.

GreekWolf

AltogetherAndrews said:
Hey, I never said ME looks terrible.
You're right. I believe the words you used were "nasty", "crappy" and "stilted animation." You never actually described the game as terrible, so I'll apologize. :)

Deepblue said:
Yeah, the lighting still isn't there. Though, the trees are WAY better than GT.

Weren't the environments in the original one of the highlights of the visual presentation of the game? I'm not concerned about that, but there is something that makes the whole picture look "off". Maybe it's the paint.

GreekWolf said:
I'll apologize. :)

Good

Xamdou

Looks great and sharp thanks to the AA!

Now all we need are some videos showcasing the fantastic online mode and the damages that can be done in game ! :D

AltogetherAndrews said:
Weren't the environments in the original one of the highlights of the visual presentation of the game? I'm not concerned about that, but there is something that makes the whole picture look "off". Maybe it's the paint.

Yeah there just has got to be something off about them right? I wonder what it could be though? Maybe its the sticker on the box that says "Only on Xbox 360."

Just maybe... lol

f@luS

More than a member.
Deepblue said:
Yeah, the lighting still isn't there. Though, the trees are WAY better than GT.

Too bad , only the Car are from GT5, the landscape & everything else is ps2-hd level (beside HDR effect)

Btw , the pilote looks cheap

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
AltogetherAndrews said:
Hey, I never said ME looks terrible.

You did indicate that only necrophiliacs would like it. FWIW. And that in motion it looked like shit on stilts.

But that's an aside. Hurrah for Forza, and PGR and GTHD. Games are sweet and I love them.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
More screenshots soon.

And the first part of our car list too.

This is living.

NinSoX

Banned
I kind of agree with some of you that the lighting is off. Needs more white lighting to contrast with the darker objects of the car. I'm talking about the heavy contrast you see when pics are taken off a screen...it would look so much better imo.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
I dunnnno....i saw a pixel that looked funny. Then it said "Hi". And i was like..."Whoa,wtf?". And the pixel was all "Whats up?". So then i stoped looking. Because thats wierd.

scarybore

Looks very nice, buts thats coming from someone who doesn't like racers a great deal and isn't a car nut but enjoyed the original Forza (mostly for the custom designs I must admit). Looks better than the first Forza shots thats for sure.

Off topic, what the hell is with IGN and their shitty Jpeg compression? It's even more amazing when you consider people are actually paying them for this.

Stinkles said:
You did indicate that only necrophiliacs would like it. FWIW. And that in motion it looked like shit on stilts.

But that's an aside. Hurrah for Forza, and PGR and GTHD. Games are sweet and I love them.

Nah uh. I'm pretty sure it was more like me indicating that it'd likely be very popular among necrophiliacs. Kind of like how pictures of women with real big boobs are most popular among people who like women with real big boobs, but other guys might find something of value there as well. And hell, it's bound to draw the attention of people who are into stilts. And stuff.

Karma Kramer said:
Yeah there just has got to be something off about them right? I wonder what it could be though? Maybe its the sticker on the box that says "Only on Xbox 360."

Just maybe... lol

Want me to go on a rant about GTHD as well? I could do that, although the fact that it's 1. free, and 2. a HD concept version of an old game makes it pretty far fetched to really complain about it. Forza 2 is as far as I know built from the ground up as a next-gen game, and it just plain doesn't hold up to what I expect from what some of you claim is going to be the showcase racing game for the next-generation. Well, yet. Maybe my expectations are too high.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The car models have a ton of detail and look great. But the lighting is pretty terrible and continues to make it look like a videogame. The paint on all of the cars is waaay too thick and candy-colored - looks stupid.

DenogginizerOS said:
I am at a loss for words. And 60FPS no less. ZOMG!

That, on the other hand, is real good stuff. This 30fps stuff got on my nerves last generation, and I honestly (stupidly) thought it'd have taken a hike now that developers have all this extra power to play with.

KTallguy

Banned
AlphaSnake said:
The car models have a ton of detail and look great. But the lighting is pretty terrible and continues to make it look like a videogame. The paint on all of the cars is waaay too thick and candy-colored - looks stupid.

Yea, that's exactly what I thought.

The cars ARE modeled extremely nice, but it still looks like they're toys. But the game isn't out yet.

I hope you guys can get it running hot at 60fps :) I'm sure it'll look even better when it's out.

what's with all the trolling in this thread? and no bannings? it's free troll day here at gaf

:p

my breath smells like cat food

cbox

chespace said:
Okay. Anything else?

ohh ohh!

tell the guy in charge of replays to make them more realistic, and add an option to save your multi replays. So many times I wanted to do that with no option :(

HOTTEST PARTY!!!

It looks amazing, i Love the lighting.
these screenshots have exceeded my expectations.

well done Che well done.

PAL release cant come soon enough

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Dante said:
GT5 hasn't been shown yet, if you talking about the free GTHD, then I might have to agree with you.

i would hope he is talking about GT:HD which i would have to agree with both of yall.

MbGCaM

BruceLeeRoy said:
Man not impressed models look too plastic everything looks fake. GTHD man FTW I prefer my racers to be realistic.

That is, with no damage in the car, right?

NinSoX

Banned
joshschw said:
looks very cartoony, maybe that's the look it's going for though?

Yea you're right, it's probably a design choice. I faintly remember Forza 1 being "less realistic" looking than GT3 + 4.

I'll reiterate:

The cars are virtually as good as the manufacturer's 3D CAD models, the environment is great. There's more than enough geometry in the game. The textures are spot on; the tarmac might be a bit off but that could probably be fixed.

Seriously, Gran Turismo 4 has better lighting. The lighting in those shots make the cars and environments look really plasticky and fake. Someone said it needed more white contrast; that might just be it, I'm not entirely sure.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Second said:
Tough crowd. :lol

First time in a Forza thread? Largely populated by people who do not have the equipment or political affiliation to enjoy the game.

Top Bottom