• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill arcade? Tekken 6 to be shown tomorrow?

duckroll

dark10x said:
What, so they aren't even going to show an HD video? :D

They couldn't decide between Blu-ray and HD-DVD, so they just decided to drop the whole thing. :lol

Oh I just noticed that the site actually states the Silent Hill game title as "Silent Hill The Arcade"... not that it matters much but for the sake of accuracy I thought I would mention it. :)

duckroll said:
They couldn't decide between Blu-ray and HD-DVD, so they just decided to drop the whole thing. :lol

Oh I just noticed that the site actually states the Silent Hill game title as "Silent Hill The Arcade"... not that it matters much but for the sake of accuracy I thought I would mention it. :)

They had to Engrish-ize it, didn't they. I'm starting to think Engrish is a huge joke that the japanese do on purpose to make English speaking gamers laugh.

Ceb

Hopefully Konami's doing this to get the action out of their system. God willing, SH5 will be less about combat, similar to SH2... :D

cvxfreak

bhfirezone2yi1.jpg

Cosmozone

The Silent Hill guys are truly sadistic. What a sick idea after letting us wait for so long. SH5 probably can't get more horrific. :)

Feindflug

Not really interested in that supposed SH arcade game (WTF?)...but Tekken 6 sounds too good to be true hopefully they will show something.

TreIII

Eh, I guess it could end up to be something interesting, if they utilize it as such.

Personally though, I'm more interesting in what SNKP has to offer at AOU 07. The new KOF (XII) and Samurai Spirits (SEN) are both listed to appear...!

Huggy

An actual gun game? Because I totally see them doing a on-rails melee combat game. Like how the Wii sensor bar tracks the Wiimote, the camera tech found in Police 24/7 could track a cylinder you can hold, resembling different weapons on screen.

Moderation Unlimited said:
Seems Silent Hill Arcade will be like the House of the Dead franchise... I wonder whose bright idea that was?

I don't know, but I'm embarassed for him already.

Silent Hill works on psychological scare tactics; arcade shooters need shock tactics due to time constraints and the need to draw the customer as quick as possible).

There are two possibilities;

1. It will stay true to the name and bore pretty much everyone that crosses it's path in the arcade.

2. Enemies/Environments will look the same but everything the part that made the game interesting (The imposing aura and psychological uncertainty) will be devoid of the product.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Doom_Bringer said:
Looks pretty special to me :D
928302_20060509_screen001.jpg

I'm sure that was DR's engine HD'd.

I recall after the E3 conf a Namco friend saying that the Tekken demo they showed wasn't Tekken 6. So I imagine we'll see the 'real' and possibly awesome looking Tekken 6 soon.

Namco has been known to squeeze considerable juice from new machines.

Troidal

Doom_Bringer said:
Seriously is there a 360 arcade board in Jpn? What about the one that Sega made that's really similar to PS3? Could Tekken 6 be running on that?? Any idea?

Don't quote me on it, but iirc Taito's Type X arcade board is 360-compatible. Supposedly a shmup game is in development by Treasure...

Tain

Don't quote me on it, but iirc Taito's Type X arcade board is 360-compatible. Supposedly a shmup game is in development by Treasure...

Type X is straight x86 PC architecture, so nah, not compatible.

Bebpo

Banned
Geek said:

It's definitely like a kick in the balls.

But hopefully it just means that the SH is nice and healthy now with a high grossing film and an arcade spin-off. Hopefully this means more funds for SH5...

after the Tekken 5 DR download, I believe that the E3 teaser was more geared for the PSN download then a Tekken 6

remember,, it didn't have any number after the word Tekken.. it just said Tekken.. aluding to anything

so.. E3 trailer.. was just geared at Tekken being overall present on the PS3 in any form or iterations.

Tekken 5 DR download now

Tekken 6 new game next year

Alright, maybe there's a reasonable explanation for this. Maybe it's a regular Silent Hill game, but it takes place in a haunted arcade.
Please :(

consoul

To do SH justice, the arcade machine would need to really mess with your head.

For instance, the cabinet could use a camera to capture your likeness and make the enemies look more and more like you as the game goes on. Every time you insert a coin, the coin return slot could bleed and make noises like a crying child. When you reach the final stage, the machine should just gas you and roll your unconscious body outside into the gutter.

Or not.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
- Tekken 6 video is being shown at the show.
- Namco plans on releasing it in arcades by the end of this year.

More news should be coming out as the show is already under way.

MarkMan said:

so Tekken 6, Summer 2008 for PS3 (& 360, if the rumors are true) if we are lucky?

Anyanka

MarkMan said:

Awesome! Can't wait to find out what's in the video.

T6 for PS3 could be out as early as next March.

Top Bottom