• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo members get another exclusive DS game: Exclamation Warriors

Very interesting. Even if I used my points I don't think my friends who dig this too much. Having to speak a few commands in Japanese and all.

I would rather Nintendo of America DIDN'T just simply translate these games - rather:

Give Tingle's Balloon Fight a...

* devoted story mode with Zelda elements
* online multi-player
* create-a-level
* sell it for $20

Give Game & Watch Collection...

* dozens of extra mini-games
* add Mario-themed remakes (and maybe introduce other series into it)
* online leaderboards
* optional touch controls
* sell it for $30

Give this game...

* a single player mode
* online multiplayer
* sell it for $20

Oh, and there should be more Tingle releases. Tingle's Wrecking Crew, Tingle's Excitebike, Tingle Climber, etc.

KINGMOKU

REALITY-1.jpg

looks great though. I love quirky new games. to bad we'll never see it

cvxfreak

thetrin said:
OMFG POINTS! I NEED POINTS STAT!!!

CHRIST PM ME YOUR POINTS OR DIE!!

Next time I'm in Osaka, let's hang out at Den Den Town, and I'll "think about" giving you points from any Nintendo games I buy. :p

I've got over fifty games registered with Nintendo of America, and what have they done in the last two or three years? I got that Zelda disc, a free three month sub to Nintendo Power and...? Where are my free games?

TreIII said:
Thanks, Dave. I'll keep an eye out.

Heh, like I said, if this game truly does take off and maybe become its own series, it might inspire other devs to take advantage of the DS mic in more interesting ways.

After all, long time fans of SRW probably do another shouting along with the attacks by themselves, so why not? Just allow our shouting out of "GOLIDION CRUSSSSSSSSSSSSSHERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!" to actually mean something this time. :lol
domon-godgundam.jpg

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. Its burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love! My anger! And all of my sorrow!

SHIIINING FINGERRRRRR!"

TheGreatDave said:
I'd love to see how in the hell they could get that to work. I'd be $20 well spent

Probably how they did it in Tingle RPG - maybe have it focused on Tingle's search for more rupees. Add in characters from Tingle RPG and such, maybe some enemies from it as well (to be alongside the birds, not in replacement of).

That would be completely awesome, a series of games based on old NES games with Tingle trying to get as many rupees as he can.

Tingle the Ice Climber would have him climbing the tallest mountain in the world to find a rare gem, Tingle's Excitebike would have him competing for a priceless championship belt, and Tingle's Wrecking Crew would focus on Tingle working for some cash.

A Link to the Snitch said:
Probably how they did it in Tingle RPG - maybe have it focused on Tingle's search for more rupees. Add in characters from Tingle RPG and such, maybe some enemies from it as well (to be alongside the birds, not in replacement of).

That would be completely awesome, a series of games based on old NES games with Tingle trying to get as many rupees as he can.

Tingle the Ice Climber would have him climbing the tallest mountain in the world to find a rare gem, Tingle's Excitebike would have him competing for a priceless championship belt, and Tingle's Wrecking Crew would focus on Tingle working for some cash.

If only Americans didn't think Tingle was a big gay idiot.

TreIII

TheGreatDave said:
If only Americans didn't think Tingle was a big gay idiot.

That's not the problem, I think.

The problem is that (most) Americans don't appreciate how awesome he is BECAUSE he is a big gay idiot. :lol

NotWii

Banned
I would rather Nintendo of America DIDN'T just simply translate these games - rather:

Give Tingle's Balloon Fight a...

* devoted story mode with Zelda elements
* online multi-player
* create-a-level
* sell it for $20

Give Game & Watch Collection...

* dozens of extra mini-games
* add Mario-themed remakes (and maybe introduce other series into it)
* online leaderboards
* optional touch controls
* sell it for $30

Give this game...

* a single player mode
* online multiplayer
* sell it for $20

Oh, and there should be more Tingle releases. Tingle's Wrecking Crew, Tingle's Excitebike, Tingle Climber, etc.
Fountain of Bad Ideas :lol

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I have like 950 points saved up so I think I'm going to get this. Finally something cool to get with these points!

NotWii

Banned
Uh. Making a sequel to Game & Watch Gallery 4 instead of localizing a three-game collection is a bad idea? Yeah, who wants 100% of a game combined with 300% more.
The way you described yes.

They need to release a definitive Game & Watch Collection containing every G&W they've ever made + remakes + extras

Wii said:
The way you described yes.

They need to release a definitive Game & Watch Collection containing every G&W they've ever made + remakes + extras

Omg fountain of bad ideas :lol

I would rather them include all 2D Zeldas on the DS with touch screen remakes.

rareside

So anyway, I got this game in the mail a few days ago and finally got the chance to link up with a friend. [Un?]fortunately, the game doesn't allow for solo play.

You can play with up to 3 players but we couldn't find a 3rd on short notice.

When you first load up the game, you are given the option of DS Download or Ranking Board. Once your friend loads up his DS into download mode too, it takes about 3-4 minutes to load the game.

We then started a training session, where we're both located in the same dojo-esque room, and we are given instructors from the teacher on all the basic moves:

Use the D-pad to move your character.
B button punches and A buttons jumps
Then you learn all your voice commands, some of which require you to be holding buttons down at the same time you issue the commands.
Once you build up your power meter by defeating enemies, you can yell "CHANGE BAKURETSU" which changes your character into the power ranger mode, which allows for more powerful moves.

Also, perhaps the coolest thing about the game are the combinations you and your partner can perform: Earthquake, fireball, sliding attack, and bomb. As you might expect, yelling "quake" makes one character on the other's shoulders, and they do a huge jump and come crashing down dealing out damage to nearby enemies.

Reminds me a little of the old Konami Simpson's arcade game where two characters could combine for unique attacks.

We only played the first level, not sure how deep the game gets, but what we played was a fresh take on the old beat-em-up genre. Yelling commands was fun, and the louder and longer you yelled, the more powerful the action would be.

For example, yelling the jump command for a long time would make your character jump higher. I assume it was the same for punch attacks.

After playing the first level, you can also see why they took out the ability for solo play. There are times where you must use teamwork to overcome obstacles.

I'll probably put more time into it later, when I can get together with more friends.

Main impressions so far is that the game is a blast, flashing me back to oldschool days of beat-em-ups where it was hard NOT to yell as you kicked ass after ass of drone enemies. Being with friends makes the experience that much more fun. The game design in pretty basic, however, and there's no telling how many levels the game is. After we beat the first level on EASY, we unlocked a HARD mode, but didn't have time to play it. It might be that there is only one level.

Just make sure you find a place FAR AWAY from others. Shut the windows. Close the blinds, whatever.

In my opinion this is the first game that Nintendo's released in the Club Nintendo lineup that's worth a damn. This could just be a test for future games to build on.

Kobun Heat said:
Nintendo of America also announced that we'll be getting it.

HAHA JUST KIDDING AMERICA GETS SHIT

I dunno, maybe because the US is the only region the GC wasn't a flop would have gotten Nintendo to start paying more attention to the US as far as goodies go. Now I know how Europe feels :(

I kow why this isn't coming stateside. I can just see GAF complaining about how stupid this is and how it would be more fun to use buttons instead of voice commands.

rareside

I noticed the game is also missing from the shop now. Usually a sold out item is just marked with an "X", indicating it will be re-stocked.

Can't find the game on there anymore. Maybe it's out for good? Would Nintendo do that?

Lee N

Membre
rareside said:
I noticed the game is also missing from the shop now. Usually a sold out item is just marked with an "X", indicating it will be re-stocked.

Can't find the game on there anymore. Maybe it's out for good? Would Nintendo do that?
As far as I know you could only order it until august sometime.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Hey, nice writeup rareside! Consider me interested. :D

But how did you get it so early? I thought it wasn't out until the 11th.

rareside

I'm not sure why I got it already. Nintendo probably sent them all out earlier than anticipated. Did anyone else on these boards order it?

I just watched the video again that Kohler posted on the first page. It shows bits and pieces of the first level all the way up to the boss, so you can pretty much see everything I described.

Wish I could play it again to confirm whether it has just one level or not. It sort of makes sense, the game being "free" and all. Also, since there's a ranking board, that might be the main draw in replayability rather than extra levels.

Will update again when I find some more friends and a soundproof room to play in.

Chemo

EnjoyIncubus said:
When the fuck is NOA going to get their heads out of their asses and get a Club Nintendo going for North America?
Never, because that kind of stuff costs money and they pretty much refuse to spend money on anything.

X26

Banned
I love that cheesy attack screaming shit, if I had a soundproof room I'd love something like this

Top Bottom