• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official LAIR thread

Tideas

Banned
ManaByte said:
Smash Bros. Melee? Heloooo?

No, Factor 5's use of midi in the GCN RS games was completely retarded. I mean you have these awesome John Williams orchestrated scores...and they redo them in ****ing midi.

Thankfully, it SOUNDS as if the LAIR soundtrack isn't midi, which is nice to see from Factor 5 since I was afraid they'd always be stuck in 1985.

Twilight Princess? Helooooo

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
gimmmick said:
I really want to see this game in 1080p, but I don't have an hdtv =\
You fail at life

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000J41EV6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

31B6FWYW6TL._AA280_.jpg

not really

Mau ®

I am soooo getting this day one. Unless the reviews are extremely bad. This will own! Haters be damned!

Speevy said:
Woohoo, let's get this party started.

Why do I have a feeling you're going to lead this thread to hell...

iceatcs

And the wallpaper
(sorry don't have any bigger or right size, I took from upscaling video player)

click the picture to enlarge

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Just put 15 down today for my pre-order. Anyone else pre-order this yet? BTW there will be a guide, according to Gamecrazy.

iceatcs

I will pick it up on my L.A. trip for a month start next week... I cannot hold this October for Europe version.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
LiquidMetal14 said:
Just put 15 down today for my pre-order. Anyone else pre-order this yet? BTW there will be a guide, according to Gamecrazy.

Pre-ordered yesterday along with Heavenly Sword and Stranglehold CE. Can't wait!

Brofist

Speevy said:
Woohoo, let's get this party started.

Your little personal inside joke of hating this game is cute and all, but please keep that shit out of the official topic. I'm on the fence on this game, and the last thing I want to read are your (unfunny) smartass baseless rants on this game.

Speevy

Banned
kpop100 said:
Your little personal inside joke of hating this game is cute and all, but please keep that shit out of the official topic. I'm on the fence on this game, and the last thing I want to read are your (unfunny) smartass baseless rants on this game.

Why don't you check my post history, genius. I've never entered an official thread and tried to rain on a game's parade. Also, my comments regarding Lair specifically refer to media released, and as such only concern graphics. As I have neither a PS3 nor a copy of Lair, you won't see me commenting more on the game itself.

Also, it's called an ignore list. Please add me to yours.

Brofist

Speevy said:
Why don't you check my post history, genius. I've never entered an official thread and tried to rain on a game's parade. Also, my comments regarding Lair specifically refer to media released, and as such only concern graphics. As I have neither a PS3 nor a copy of Lair, you won't see me commenting more on the game itself.

I don't put anyone on ignore first off, secondly I actually like reading most of your posts (except the Lair ones). And I'm only responding to your post, which gave the impression that you couldn't wait to come and derail the topic. If I read it wrong (at least one other person read it that way too btw) than no worries.

edit: after rereading your first post, I probably was too defensive, but still..

jett

D-Member
Speevy said:

Speevy, shut the **** up.

LaneDS

Music is fantastic from that link on page 1.

Like others I'm a little concerned with the lack of media and impressions, but I certainly want it to be awesome. On the fence about buying or renting it as of now, but come August 14th I'll be playing it one way or another. And Persona 3, sigh.

I think the boxart is pretty snazzy, even lacking a badass dragon picture.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
reviews by crispin, greg ford, and garnett (scores listed in that order):
6.0, 5.5, 5.0

they say it looks awesome, but has some control issues. there's some other stuff, but i'll keep it vague to stay within the tos.

Yoboman

beelzebozo said:
6.0, 5.5, 5.0

they say it looks awesome, but has some control issues. there's some other stuff, but i'll keep it vague to stay within the tos.
Are you kidding? Those scores are unbelievably bad

GeoramA

beelzebozo said:
6.0, 5.5, 5.0

Wow... :(

JoeFenix

OUCH!

I knew something was up when we just stopped hearing about this game. They didn't parade it around at e3 and it didn't seem like they were proud of it.

Too bad....

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
crispin says the combat system is confusing, and the sixaxis controls don't always work the way they should. lock-on system is also jacked.

greg ford says the camera is frustrating in ground combat. the wide open levels hold a lot of potential but ultimately don't deliver

garnett says it's a "frustrating disappointment" with a few bright spots

Baby Milo

beelzebozo said:
6.0, 5.5, 5.0

yikes

Johnas

beelzebozo said:
6.0, 5.5, 5.0

I just can't imagine it being a 5.0 game after all this time and effort. Although it's notable that the three reviewers' scores are all pretty close to each other.

Suck.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
how the hell am i the first one to get this? i'm in the sticks and i always get it so late. my last issue had level maps for mega man 3

GeoramA

beelzebozo said:
crispin says the combat system is confusing, and the sixaxis controls don't always work the way they should. lock-on system is also jacked.

greg ford says the camera is frustrating in ground combat. the wide open levels hold a lot of potential but ultimately don't deliver

garnett says it's a "frustrating disappointment" with a few bright spots
That's just great. I hope Warhawk doesn't bomb this bad.

Mifune

Mehmber
Well that's definitely disappointing. Looks like Warhawk is the PS3 game of August.

I'll pick Lair up for cheap further down the road.

LaneDS

That's pretty damn disappointing. Just finishing listening to this epic 16 minutes of YouTube music too, all jazzed to play it.

Wollan

I guess they should switch over to that sci-fi game of theirs instead of thinking of doing another Lair. They have the engine if nothing else.

GeoramA said:
Warhawk is already proven. The Beta (which was pretty much the whole game) was great fun.

JB1981

GeoramA said:
Garnett has come to terms with the game being called "Warhawk", so apparently he likes it now.

Makes me sad to see such low review scores. Sony should ask Factor 5 for their money back.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Factor 5 shouldn't switch over to doing any game. They should just do middleware and stay out of the kitchen.

edit: It's just one (well, three, but you know) review, guys. :lol I'm SURE LAIR has some major issues, but wow you guys give up on things fast.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
if you've got a ps3, i think you could do worse than playing persona 3 on back-compat this month. i haven't played many jrpgs lately--sort of lost interest--but the enthusiastic reviews in this issue are enough to pique my curiosity.

Brofist

beelzebozo said:
6.0, 5.5, 5.0

Wow, that is a bad score, no doubt about it. Looks like August is a Bioshock month.

Top Bottom