• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japan mag news thread: Nintendo Matsuri?

Jiggy

They would have had my interest at "action RPG with pirates," but now that you've all pointed out who Climax is, that makes it better still. :D Hope it works out.

lupin23rd

Bebpo said:
So basically a bunch of DS games, a Wii game we already knew about, and a X360 game no one cares about.

Slow week :\

Weeks like this we should get the "fake news" as well - I remember that one week with Team Ico and next-gen Super Robot Wars news - that was the best week ever until we found out the truth.

RevenantKioku said:
I dunno man. Those jumps blow my mind.

Haha, yeah, I'm playing it for the first time right now, and I can agree with any angry feeling regarding the plateforming in this game. Goddamn perspective...
Eh, still a pretty great game though.

ethelred

Jiggy37 said:
They would have had my interest at "action RPG with pirates," but now that you've all pointed out who Climax is, that makes it better still. :D Hope it works out.

I wouldn't get that interested. Climax has been on a very steep quality decline for years now. I kinda thought they hit rock bottom with Time Stalkers... until Kingdom of Paradise came along.

duckroll

ethelred said:
I wouldn't get that interested. Climax has been on a very steep quality decline for years now. I kinda thought they hit rock bottom with Time Stalkers... until Kingdom of Paradise came along.

And yet they still managed to release Tenchi no Mon........ 2! :/

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
RevenantKioku said:
I dunno man. Those jumps blow my mind.

Yes, the game is challenging. It puts the "action" in "action-RPG." All this just makes it that much sweeter when you beat the game.

The ending is the only bad part of Landstalker; it's almost nonexistant. Apart from that, I loved every minute of it.

Waiting for new Dynasty Warriors 6 scans.

More DS games are always nice btw.

Lyte Edge said:
The ending is the only bad part of Landstalker; it's almost nonexistant. Apart from that, I loved every minute of it.

I dunno I think the events leading up to the end kind of tie everything together. You finally rescue the princess, Mercator gets his, you get rich and decide to keep adventuring. Shame you don't see Nigel & Friday again until Time Stalkers(which isn't a good idea even though Nigel kicks ass in that game).

Also I thought it was amazing how in the very beginning you start off near the end, but you fall into a trap and next thing you know you're saving a bunch of villages, turning from a simple thief into a great hero, and so everything comes full circle.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Lyte Edge said:
Yes, the game is challenging. It puts the "action" in "action-RPG." All this just makes it that much sweeter when you beat the game.

It's not the challenge but the perspective. My mind just fucks over sometimes and what looks like a solid jump is far from it. The whole game is like an Escher painting.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
PepsimanVsJoe said:

More DS games are always nice btw.

I dunno I think the events leading up to the end kind of tie everything together. You finally rescue the princess, Mercator gets his, you get rich and decide to keep adventuring. Shame you don't see Nigel & Friday again until Time Stalkers(which isn't a good idea even though Nigel kicks ass in that game).

Also I thought it was amazing how in the very beginning you start off near the end, but you fall into a trap and next thing you know you're saving a bunch of villages, turning from a simple thief into a great hero, and so everything comes full circle.

I mean the "ending ending." It's basically just "Yay we beat the final boss THE END." That sucked...I expected more after working hard to get to that point.

NichM

Banned
Firestorm said:
So Marcus Vaughn eh... That's the only new info they gave us on New Blood =(

Not even that's new. Markus (and Valerie Blaylock) were named along with the E3 unveiling, I believe.

kay

PepsimanVsJoe said:
New release date: 11/11 to coincide with white PS3 launch
Bundle for 49800 yen.
8xk5eh.jpg

Lyte Edge said:
I mean the "ending ending." It's basically just "Yay we beat the final boss THE END." That sucked...I expected more after working hard to get to that point.

I guess. Some of the puzzles towards the end were pretty nasty.

kay said:
New release date: 11/11 to coincide with white PS3 launch
Bundle for 49800 yen.

That is nice. Shame they couldn't slap a logo on the system itself or something.

RevenantKioku said:
It's not the challenge but the perspective. My mind just fucks over sometimes and what looks like a solid jump is far from it. The whole game is like an Escher painting.
You should give the 4th Parallel of Dark Savior a try, rk. You'll want to end the fucking universe just to avoid making those goddam jumps ever again.

WORLDWIDEWII said:
not much but this is all i found.

still no new characters yet.

Hmm..Curious as to who those two characters are in the main menu(The ones that are shown when Free mode and Challenge mode are highlighted). Thanks!

Hopefully the free mode one is Diao Chan because she seriously needs a new weapon. Then again she could be Zhen Ji.

Not sure about the Challenge mode one though. Wei Yan maybe? Then again maybe he could be Gan Ning. Nearly all of the characters getting new weapons as messed me up a bit. Really exciting stuff! :D

Dark Savior is the real reason Segata Sanshiro threw himself in front of the missile heading towards Sega HQ btw. I'd do the same thing if I ever played that game again.

SupahBlah said:
Look at my hat its made of money?

We're are talking about the same Spiderman 3 are we?

The Treyarch rush job?
This is just to spite those who still think Famitsu reviews hold any kind of value.

Jiggy

ethelred said:
Yeah, I'm trying to be cautious here, thus the little disclaimer at the end. Seiken Densetsu alone proves good developers of the past are sometimes just that: in the past...

neo2046 said:
Card Hero DS

Oh shits! Card Hero is being made by Intelligent Systems!!! I thought Nintendo were just publishing it! Finally, after 7 years or so IS finally make a game based on something that isn`t AW, FE, PDP or Mario!

Please come out in English! I`ve waited so long to see IS do something original!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Nuclear Muffin said:
Oh shits! Card Hero is being made by Intelligent Systems!!! I thought Nintendo were just publishing it! Finally, after 7 years or so IS finally make a game based on something that isn`t AW, FE, PDP or Mario!

Please come out in English! I`ve waited so long to see IS do something original!
The GBC version never did. :(

Better Steal Princess scans:

Oh Goodie. Platforming Isometric action.
I'm going to hell.

Then again the main character is cute and has a whip, plus if it's 1/10ths as good as Landstalker it's going to be the best game of 2008.

Then again it could end up being as good as Lady Stalker...which isn't very good at all.

duckroll

Steal Princess looks pretty mediocre. Reminds me a lot of Lady Stalker, which isn't a good thing. After all, the core staff that worked on Landstalker is either dead or at Matrix, so I don't see why anyway should care what Climax does anymore.

Also, apparently there's a PS2 game coming out in Jan 08 that was announced. It's from Starfish and its called El Minarge or something. It's a wizardry style dungeon crawler with 15 dungeons in total. There are 9 races and 16 classes and there are character edit features. The monster designs are by Ken Miyauchi and the soundtrack is by Sakimoto/Iwata/Kaneda.

Aeana

duckroll said:
Also, apparently there's a PS2 game coming out in Jan 08 that was announced. It's from Starfish and its called El Minarge or something. It's a wizardry style dungeon crawler with 15 dungeons in total. There are 9 races and 16 classes and there are character edit features. The monster designs are by Ken Miyauchi and the soundtrack is by Sakimoto/Iwata/Kaneda.

Oh my; do want.

duckroll said:

Damn that sounds neat.

Soul4ger

Looks like that work on a 3D engine for Landstalker PSP is going to some use. Steal Princess looks to ape it, and I don't mean that as a compliment to the early Landstalker PSP screens...

jarrod

Banned
ethelred said:
I wouldn't get that interested. Climax has been on a very steep quality decline for years now.
That's because they've been perpetually shedding their talent for years (who go on start up or join companies like Camelot, Matrix, Max, Climax Graphics/Crazy Games, cavia, etc).

Steel Princess looks like the unholy love child of LadyStalker and Dark Savior. I'll probably still get it anyway tho. :/

Top Bottom