• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NP's secret RPG - Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World!

Minsc

Gold Member
Y2Kev said:
omg :lol :lol :lol

nintendo power :lol :lol :lol

I hope to god this isn't the game they were talking about.

They exceeded my expectations
of how bad they could screw it up
with this one.

madara said:
Reeding is hard, yessem.

Fact is, the skits are voiced in the JP Tales games, but then they cheap out and don't voice them for the US. I don't want that to happen this time, that is all. So stuff it.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Fact is, the skits are voiced in the JP Tales games, but then they cheap out and don't voice them for the US. I don't want that to happen this time, that is all. So stuff it.

Which is why Innocence is perfect for a USA release, they only voice like 30 out of a bazillion skits.

CTLance

:lol

Oh lawd.

To be honest though, I know two guys that creamed their pants when they heard that ToS would get a sequel. I never got much into it, but I know it was pretty popular among some.

So... good for them. Plus one Tales > no Tales.

Magicpaint said:

(there are skits btw)
I'm with you guys on this. Silent skits = no sale.

Japanese with subtitles plox.

B.K.

Hcoregamer00 said:
Which is why Innocence is perfect for a USA release, they only voice like 30 out of a bazillion skits.

If Bandai Namco released Tales of Innocence in America, they'd probably take out the voice acting entirely.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
B.K. said:
If Bandai Namco released Tales of Innocence in America, they'd probably take out the voice acting entirely.

No, they kept it in Tales of the World, and that game has as many skits as Innocence does.

jarrod

Banned
B.K. said:
Better than not getting Innocence at all. :/

I wonder if RM tanking (unfairly) torpedoed it's chances... it's not really like when Phantasia released and Honetek was afraid of cart inventories... hell, they released Quickspot and Point Blank even. :lol

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I don't even subscribe to this magazine, never have, but honestly, you guys whipped yourselves into a frenzy over it. They delivered what they said they were going to, hell it even surpassed my (more realistic, I guess) expectations.

You guys don't actually beloeve those rumos you read on those blogs, do you? :lol

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Sorry I have not been following this game... is Sakuraba doing the soundtrack?
According to his website, he is. He may only be composing a few tracks though, or maybe they're just reusing his stuff from the original ToS. :lol

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Blader5489 said:
Jeez, what the hell is with the Tales hate on GAF?

I'm pretty sure that in most of this thread, it's all directed at Nintendo Power for hyping up what was essentially a given.

It seems to be doing far better than most Tales threads, like the Vesperia announcement. Hoooooo boy that thread sucked.

batbeg

I have to admit it's a letdown, as I was expecting a new game or Crystal Bearers at the very least. However, at least this shows the sequel is definitely coming, and hopefully we'll be able to get some new information out of this (maybe even the studio working on it?).

It isn't that bad, really. Though the subtitle is pretty shitty.

Haunted

Knights of Ratatosk sounds much better. :( Dawn of The New World feels generic.

oh, and lol print media Nintendo Power. "Exclusive" if you don't have Internet access maybe. >_<; Embarassing.

ethelred

John Harker said:
I don't even subscribe to this magazine, never have, but honestly, you guys whipped yourselves into a frenzy over it. They delivered what they said they were going to, hell it even surpassed my (more realistic, I guess) expectations.

They did? I guess we should just toss months of IGN, Gamespot, and 1up coverage of the game into the memory hole.

Kreed

Blader5489 said:
Jeez, what the hell is with the Tales hate on GAF?

It's not Tales hate, it's Nintendo Power. In the last issue they hyped up an exclusive for a new RPG and some of the NeoGAF members ran wild in usual NeoGAF fashion over what the game could be (Earthbound Wii, Chrono Trigger Wii, Kingdom Hearts 3, etc...). And now we know it's just the US release of a Tales game we've known about for months.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Kreed said:
In the last issue they hyped up an exclusive for a new RPG and some of the NeoGAF members ran wild in usual NeoGAF fashion over what the game could be (Earthbound Wii, Chrono Trigger Wii, Kingdom Hearts 3, etc...).

Do you remember their wording.

You couldn't blame the internet with its speculation. They acted like the game was going to be the second coming of Christ or something.

CaVaYeRo

NP said:
Next month's cover story is an RPG so fantastic, so engrossing, so epic, and so hush-hush that we'd have to erase your memories if we told you what it is. In fact, maybe we already did. Role-playing fans, get ready for a big one.
NP said:
so fantastic, so engrossing, so epic, and so hush-hush that we'd have to erase your memories
NP said:
so hush-hush
:lol orly?

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
Nintendo Power and Nintendo Official Magazine UK :lol
Future :lol

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
ethelred said:
They did? I guess we should just toss months of IGN, Gamespot, and 1up coverage of the game into the memory hole.

C'mon, you know the vast majority of the Tales games don't make it to the US.
So its good enough knows as far as I'm concerned, and it's not like the paper lied. They just used fancy hype words.

And gimmie a break, 'months of coverage?' I don't think anyone cared enough to cover the game as much as you're implying. Don't we not even know whose really making it? :lol

zurra

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Tales of the World Radiant Mythology
Tales of Destiny 2
Tales of Fandom Vol2
Tales of Innocence
Tales of Destiny Directors Cut
Tales of Rebirth

Tales of Symphonia Knight of Ratatosk

/me claps
*smashes keyboard against monitor, then throws monitor across office*

B.K.

Haunted One said:
Knights of Ratatosk sounds much better. :( Dawn of The New World feels generic.

I don't know. I like Dawn of the New World more than Knight of Ratatosk. It really is a new world
since the two worlds merged into one at the end of Tales of Symphonia.

B.K. said:
I don't know. I like Dawn of the New World more than Knight of Ratatosk. It really is a new world
since the two worlds merged into one at the end of Tales of Symphonia.
No, it's just now the ToP world. :p

Jiggy

The only thing I'm in disbelief about is that people had actually hyped themselves up for the announcement.

Anyway, now that this game is more or less officially making it out in NA, we just need Innocence and Rebirth and I can be happy. Edit: Fully so, that is. I'm happy about ToS Dawn as it is. Oh, and Vesperia too of course, but I don't expect any kind of localization announcement this early.

B.K.

Magicpaint said:
No, it's just now the ToP world. :p

But Phantasia doesn't happen for thousands of years. It's still a new world during the time period that the game is set.

B.K. said:
But Phantasia doesn't happen for thousands of years. It's still a new world during the time period that the game is set.
Yeah good point, I just think it's kind of silly to call it a new world when we've pretty much explored it several times over with the thousands of ToP re-releases but in the context of the story, it does fit.

Thats the Hush Hush RPG !!!!!

Well actually I expected it to be an RPG that we already knew about but I was hoping for Dragon Quest IV :(

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Nice to see this confirmed for the US. No, it wasn't obviously going to be localized ... there is no reason why any of the other "Tales of..." games shouldn't have been localized too, but weren't.

GAF just overhyped this because NP's previous exclusive was Bioware's Sonic RPG.

fusoya59

Awesome news.

I dunno about anyone else, but I'm pretty excited about this! I loved me ToS1; can't wait for this sequel.

Durante

NP said:
Next month's cover story is an RPG so fantastic, so engrossing, so epic, and so hush-hush that we'd have to erase your memories if we told you what it is. In fact, maybe we already did. Role-playing fans, get ready for a big one.
Wait, did they really write that? About this?

Doesn't the kid on the cover look a lot like the kid from FFTA?
2jahhlg.jpg

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
While I'm partially disappointed that it's not another new RPG, I'm happy with a confirmed localization, and am praying for a release by the end of the year. :)

I don't care about voiced skits as long as I get those skits. :)

Firestorm

drohne said:
this issue also marks the debut of new editor-in-chief shane kim

:lol

Great news as this is my most anticipated Wii game after Brawl, but damn, we knew this. Also, HORRIBLE THREAD TITLE ;_; I actually said "holy crap" out loud thinking it was a new game.

What score did Brawl get? Only game to get a 10 from Nintendo Power is Metroid Prime 3 and I think Galaxy?

Top Bottom