• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News from Japan 04/24/09

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
could be just that SE manga mag with V Jump. I wouldn't get my hopes up regarding a KH style game but with manga chars, I don't think that's going to happen.

Kenka

Aktuelle Wertungen der Famitsu

22.04.09 - Hier sind neue Wertungen der japanischen Famitsu. Vier Redakteure vergeben je bis zu 10 Punkte.

X-Blades (PS3/Xbox 360, Ubisoft): 7 / 7 / 6 / 6 - (26/40)
Tir Na Nog (PS2, SystemSoft): 5 / 5 / 3 / 4 - (17/40)
Tir Na Nog (PSP, SystemSoft): 5 / 4 / 6 / 5 - (20/40)
Dun-Dam (NDS, Acquire): 8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (32/40)
Naruto Shippuden Shinobi Retsuden 3 (NDS, Takara Tomy): 5 / 6 / 7 / 6 - (24/40)
Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009 (Wii/PS2, Konami): 9 / 8 / 9 / 9 - (35/40)
Fish Eyes Wii (Wii, Natsume): 6 / 5 / 5 / 5 - (21/40)
NHL 2K9 (PS3/Xbox 360, Spike): 6 / 6 / 5 / 6 - (26/40)
NHL 2K9 (PS2, Spike): 5 / 5 / 5 / 6 - (21/40)
Made in Ore (NDS, Nintendo): 8 / 8 / 8 / 10 - (34/40)
Dragon Ball Kai: Saiyajin Raishuu (NDS, Bandai Namco): 6 / 7 / 8 / 8 - (29/40)
Jewel Pet: Kawaii Mahou no Fantasy (NDS, MTO): 7 / 8 / 7 / 6 - (28/40)
Minna no Doubutsusen (NDS, Square Enix): 7 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (28/40)
Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 (PSP, Irem): 7 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (28/40)
ToraDora Portable! (PSP, Bandai Namco): 8 / 7 / 8 / 7 - (30/40)

Gamefront thank you.

Scans for MH3 up. Look meh.

Johann

Il Comodino said:
WTF

Why Lost planet 2 isn't coming to the PS3?

:(

Nobody really knows what is going on with the game in regards to exclusivity. I've a feeling that both versions will release at the same time but Microsoft has secured some sort of exclusive deal with Capcom (the game was revealed on Xbox Live).

Blimblim

The Inside Track
neojubei said:
It'll eventually come out on PS3, so no need to buy it for the 360 if you want to play it on the PS3.
If I have both 360 and PS3 consoles, should I also wait for the PS3 version? Because it seems like you are implying that I should wait. I'm confused.

biocat

Blimblim said:
If I have both 360 and PS3 consoles, should I also wait for the PS3 version? Because it seems like you are implying that I should wait. I'm confused.

He's trying to tell you to buy the Wii version instead.

Defuser said:
Jump hearts..damn it's gonna be bigger than Kingdom hearts :lol Or maybe Jump Dissidia.
You guys have way too high hopes for this.

At best it will be outsourced to Jupiter. It's not going to be anything on the scale of KH or Dissidia.

ShockingAlberto said:

At best it will be outsourced to Jupiter. It's not going to be anything on the scale of KH or Dissidia.

You mean that we can only hope for something as good as TWEWY?

OK, I'm not gonna get my hopes too high for this....

cvxfreak said:
Hooooooly shite, Claire and Ada meet in DSC.

What the fuck are they doing with my RE2!!

test_account

XP-39C²
Blimblim said:
Ye, if you want to play Lost Planet 2 on the PS3, then you must wait for the PS3 version :) I think that is what neojubei ment, that you dont have to get Lost Planet 2 on the Xbox 360 if you want to play the game (if Lost Planet comes out for the PS3 of course). If you have a Xbox 360 and want to play Lost Planet 2 on the Xbox 360, then you dont have to wait for the PS3 version :)

CHR_AeON

Two more ADVs for the 360 announced in this week's famitsu:

メモリーズオフ6~T-wave~ (Memories Off 6: Trial Wave)
メモリーズオフ6 Next Relation (Memories Off 6: Next Relation)

Both by 5pb...

CHR_AeON said:
Two more ADVs for the 360 announced in this week's famitsu:

メモリーズオフ6~T-wave~ (Memories Off 6: Trial Wave)
メモリーズオフ6 Next Relation (Memories Off 6: Next Relation)

Both by 5pb...

they switched developing from Ketsui to those ADV titles ?

hope so, Ketsui port by Cave PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!

CHR_AeON

Moor-Angol said:
they switched developing from Ketsui to those ADV titles ?

hope so, Ketsui port by Cave PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!

Since Ketsui has been postponed (again) it seems as if they have learned from the rushed DDPDBLEX release...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Hellion said:
OMG
2w40c3d.gif
:lol "Churros!!" :lol <3

jett said:
LOL Don Ramón FTW

Verano said:
Used to watch the show everyday when I was a kid

w1skuo.gif

cw_sasuke said:
SE and Jump working on a Next-Gen Blockbuster ?

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173860

Kingdom Hearts like game but just with Manga Characters ? XD

Watch how it never gets localised because of licencing issues.

thaOwner

Blimblim said:

Its not like you will be getting the game for either system anyway or am wrong ?

Relaxed Muscle said:
You mean that we can only hope for something as good as TWEWY?

OK, I'm not gonna get my hopes too high for this....
Something as good as TWEWY would be wonderful.

Or, you know, the last time Jupiter worked on a license that wasn't theirs and involved the "guiding" hand of Square with a separate cross-mix property.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Hellion said:
OMG
2w40c3d.gif
:lol "Churros!!" :lol <3
That show still run on Univision? El Chavo was a sissy but Don Ramón, now we're talking a ruthless OG gangster pimp from the Latino ghettos!

Spanish Gilligan, El Chavo was. Don Ramón was the Skipper :lol :lol :lol :lol

And who was the one character who said "yaaa, yaaaaaa, yaaaaaaaaaaaaa, ya!!!" ?

:lol :lol :lol :lol I just remember Don Ramón's "Silencio.....silencio.....SILLLEEEEENCIO!!!" bit. Good times :lol :lol :lol

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
LiquidMetal14 said:
That show still run on Univision? El Chavo was a sissy but Don Ramón, now we're talking a ruthless OG gangster pimp from the Latino ghettos!

I think it does, though I'm still wondering why they haven't acquired the rights for the animated show that started like four years ago.

LiquidMetal14 said:

2saz715.gif

El profesor Jirafales.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
1 more, is there a video of El Chavo doing his whole seizure bit? That was hilarious, and thanks. This bring back memories :lol :lol :lol

Keikoku

Banned
Blimblim said:

It's neojubei dude.

Nizz

LiquidMetal14 said:

Spanish Gilligan, El Chavo was. Don Ramón was the Skipper :lol :lol :lol :lol

:lol :lol :lol :lol I just remember Don Ramón's "Silencio.....silencio.....SILLLEEEEENCIO!!!" bit. Good times :lol :lol :lol
Damn, latinos in da house!! :lol Do they still show Chespirito? I haven't been up on spanish comedies for a long time. Last comedy show I watched regularly was "Que Locura".

rc213 said:
So LP2 isn't coming to the PS3? Is it going to be like the 1st with a asstastic port showing up whenever they feel like making it? If so Capcom can shove the LP series where the sun don't shine.
I'm with you on this. I think there's a good chance LP2 will come out at the same time for multiple platforms. But I agree, if it's another case of a terrible, year late port, than no thanks. I'll be officially done with the franchise as far as it being on PS3.

TreIII

ShockingAlberto said:

Maybe, maybe not, but I don't think this will be just something that's meant to be a throw-away.

Square Enix and V-Jump? They're butt-buddies that feed off of one another. Square Enix benefits from V-Jump being a publication where their goods can be advertised (through scoops and manga tie-ins), and V-Jump benefits from having those scoops and manga to keep their reader base coming back for more.

So, for a game that basically looks to be a mutual circle jerk that the two parties can cash in on, I would think it would behoove both to want this game to be something that they were willing to spend some time and TLC on.

Even a "mere" cross-over fighting game of sorts, would be something that would garner my interest. Too bad Square Enix doesn't look to get the guys who made Tobal back, any time soon...

PSGames

Holycrap at Lost Planet 2 graphics. Game looks amazing and I love that it's set in different environments this time.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Maybe I'm missing something incredibly obvious, but wouldn't this be revealed in Jump's magazine first?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
El Chavo del Ocho love in GAF makes me giddy.

ShockingAlberto said:

You say that as if it were a bad thing.

cw_sasuke said:

There's a magazine called Nintendo Dream?

I'm guessing it's for DS.

Top Bottom