• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agarest Senki Getting Localized?

icecream

Public Health Threat
Dedication Through Light said:
What is the size of the game going to be. Certainly my 40GB HD would run out of space from just this one game, lol.
Around the neighborhood of 7-8GB.

-PXG-

Are we talking about Record of Agarest War?

250px-Agasenki_senki.jpg

This game?

kay

No dub to save money is my guess, I think it's the right choice for this game. A dub would take FOREVER and be incredibly embarrassing :p

Because there is no dub, they can't release it on disc since it is Sony policy.. Could Aksys get around it by doing something like Patapon 2? Have a box, manual and a download code that you can buy so then the people who want something physical can get it and you could also have a preorder bonus or something along with it. You know, I could go for some sausage.

And if they had a boxed product, they could use this awesome design that Ghostlight is using. Spot the difference.

agarest_ps3.jpg
zum7bd.jpg

Drame

rainking187 said:
Oh god, please tell me that's not the real boxart. :(

Yeah, I really hope that boxart is just a placeholder.

Is it just me, or does the font look a lot like the Tekken 6 font?

-PXG-

So the US IS getting it? Sweet. I loved the demo. I really hope we don't get that nasty ass box though. Ewwww.

B.K.

-PXG- said:
So the US IS getting it? Sweet. I loved the demo. I really hope we don't get that nasty ass box though. Ewwww.

It's a digital title, so there won't be any boxart.

There's apparently a Ghostlight employee that posts on GameFAQs (I know, but he seems legit) and has said that that's actually one potential cover. He also posted this link:http://ghostlight.uk.com/agarest/covers.php and asked for feedback on which cover people preferred. Might want to email them or something if you're picking up the game and think the first cover is atrocious.

DunpealD

I hope they aren't using that abysmal cover and just use the localized original JP one.

btw. any word on the release? According to Ghostlights site it should be out in 4 days.

B.K.

Volcynika said:
"The downloadable version will only have Japanese voice acting."

No buy for me, confirmed!

They really didn't have much choice. They're going to be reediting the text in the game. If the European version has English voices and they'd kept them for the American release, the game would have been like Lux Pain. The voices and text wouldn't be the same.

Volcynika

B.K. said:
They really didn't have much choice. They're going to be reediting the text in the game. If the European version has English voices and they'd kept them for the American release, the game would have been like Lux Pain. The voices and text wouldn't be the same.

Oh I understand that, it's just one of my things for buying certain games. Though if the actual game is good and you can turn off VA, I might consider it.

it's a bit of a shame that trashy looking shovelware such as this makes it over when there are so many games that actually look decent and never get localized.

Jucksalbe

Banned
DunpealD said:
btw. any word on the release? According to Ghostlights site it should be out in 4 days.

According to that employee of Ghostlight on the gamefaqs forums, it's late October now.

Quixzlizx

Volcynika said:
Oh I understand that, it's just one of my things for buying certain games. Though if the actual game is good and you can turn off VA, I might consider it.

You could always import the Euro version if it has English voices.

Yazuka

Quixzlizx said:
You could always import the Euro version if it has English voices.
Sadly it won't. Ghostlight has said there will only the original Japanese audio track.
Better than nothing, but I would have prefered English VA.

Top Bottom