• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 new Dragon Ball games announced !

Gagaman

I'm loving all the 2D and 2.5D games popping up on the Wii. If this is anything like the GBA Dragonball game I'll love it. Held out on Burst Limit but I'd imagine it's getting cheap by now so I'll dip in, and it'll be the first time I've bought one of these (played the first one on the PS2 at a mates, and I mean the very first 3D DBZ fighter years ago). Should I get the most recent one on Wii if I use gamecube/classic controls?

Aru

About the soundtrack: the DBZ soundtrack is licenced to *I don't know who* and expensive to get (outside of Japan). So, at best, we will have the brand new DB Kai soundtrack (no licence issue, if everything is alright. Why did they bother changing the soundtrack for DB Kai otherwise ?). This soundtrack is very good, far better than most DBZ games soundtracks but not as good as the original one. At worst, we will again get the awful Budokai soundtrack :/

apotema

I don't know who he is, but fuck the idiot who has the DBZ license, he is responsible of the existence of the vomitive soundtracks of the American series and games

Aru

apotema said:
I don't know who he is, but fuck the idiot who has the DBZ license, he is responsible of the existence of the vomitive soundtracks of the American series and games

Well, they took an awful time to release DBZ in America :lol
We got it rather fast in France, with the original soundtrack :D

Aru

Teknoman said:
Didnt think anyone else liked that game.

I had a lot of fun with it (more than with Burst Limit at least).
It wasn't a good DBZ adaptation, but a good fighter.
Ultimate Gohan was so awesome :D

Jaroof

Teknoman said:

That does look pretty good. But it brings this question to mind:
Why hasn't anyone stepped up and made a 3D action RPG in the DBZ Universe yet? I mean I know there's Sagas, and that was moderately fun.. then there's Legacy of Goku, which was okay.
I want a full-blown Action-Adventure or Action RPG. I think it would be so great to have one made.

Aru

The japanese title of DB Wii isn't the same I mentionned earlier it seems.

It's Dragon Ball Tenkaichi Daibouken.

Looks good :D
Can't wait. I've never played a DB game, IIRC :eek:

EDIT:
http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/db_ragingblast/

DB Raging Blast website.
The game looks like a PS2 game, really :/
But the graphics look way more anime than Burst Limit.
No more plastic characters.

I need a trailer :D

Sadist

r27rqd.jpg

Yessss

Aru

ChackanKun said:
I need the game! Really!

:lol
Sure, me too !
But we have to wait almost 6 months.

If the japanase version has the original DBZ soundtrack, I'll get this one :eek:
Region free FTW :D

Unless the PS3/360 game has marvelous animation, I'd say that the Wii game looks quite a bit better. Maybe if the PS3/360 game also didn't have bad aliasing it would help too.

Aru said:
:lol
Sure, me too !
But we have to wait almost 6 months.

If the japanase version has the original DBZ soundtrack, I'll get this one :eek:
Region free FTW :D

Since it's in bluray they could include the original soundtrack in US/EU releases :|

Played Tenkaichi 3 with it and it gave a new dimension to the game. The US musics are just not DBZ.

Linkzg said:
Unless the PS3/360 game has marvelous animation, I'd say that the Wii game looks quite a bit better. Maybe if the PS3/360 game also didn't have bad aliasing it would help too.

By the looks of the pics I think the game is going to be heavy on the physics end with lots of destruction modeling, which would make sense of them using the slightly more polished ps2 models.......

xemumanic

So it is a Tenkaichi game.

That's s'ok.............fans of that series haven't had a release for this gen yet, the one on the Wii is just a port of a PS2 Tenkaichi. I don't really like that series, but to each their own.

I'm sure a Burst Limit 2 is coming, or BL1 would have had every character from the get go.

Aru

ChackanKun said:
Since it's in bluray they could include the original soundtrack in US/EU releases :|

Played Tenkaichi 3 with it and it gave a new dimension to the game. The US musics are just not DBZ.

It's not an issue of space, it's an issue of licence.

Anyway, I wonder if NB is going to make a sequel to Burst Limit every 2 years (and Raging Blast too).
That way, fans of Budokai will have what they want.

Aru said:
Anyway, I wonder if NB is going to make a sequel to Burst Limit every 2 years (and Raging Blast too).
That way, fans of Budokai will have what they want.

If they follow the last generation model...I mean, there are like..10 different DBZ games? :lol

Teknoman

The only soundtrack that would work with the Dragon Ball game is the original soundtrack or Advanced Adventure style music.

Is dimps making the Wii game? I was pleasantly surprised by Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure. I want some more of that, if they can bring down the repetition.

Gagaman

Wow, they've really nailed the look of the characters. Very clever use of textures to give them the manga comic look. This will look great moving and on my telly, I reckon. Darn, the Wii is just getting more and more games I want this year! :D

I love DragonBall Advance even though it gets a bit repetitive after a while i still liked it enough to beat it so i have high hopes for this new wii one, besides everyone knows that DB>DBZ.

Teknoman

Confirmed for english release, as well as the DS RPG:

Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccollo (wii)
Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans (DS)

Both fall 2009 in Europe. Dunno about NA, but will probably be around that time.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Teknoman said:

Both fall 2009 in Europe. Dunno about NA, but will probably be around that time.

Day 1 - for both games.

jrricky

Banned
Teknoman said:

YES!!! I was expecting the bump to be about the Western release, and surely I was right that it will come out this fall.:D

Top Bottom