• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu news (01/06)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Gran Turismo 5
Super Street Fighter IV

Get hype!

Vamphuntr

Not much Wii stuff in this issue ...

Winning Post 10
Madworld
New Super Mario Bros
FIFA 2010
Biohazard Dark Side Chronicles

Vamphuntr said:
Not much Wii stuff in this issue ...

Winning Post 10
Madworld
New Super Mario Bros
FIFA 2010
Biohazard Dark Side Chronicles

only PS2 has less titles in the index... Wii Q1 is pretty disappointing for gamers,
maybe Nintendo will be too much busy on counting money got from NSMB Wii for the next 4 months...

TreIII

Jonnyram said:
They said popular, so it's obviously not ZOE.
duckroll said:
It can't be ZoE, since ZoE isn't popular. :lol

1jomzq.gif

Seriously though, I can dream, right...? :lol

Any way, another ACE would be fine too. Course, unless it was a Wii game, they would be starting from HD scratch again, roster wise. Wonder how that would go....

Deeku

Woo Pro Yakyuu Spirits!!

And it's gonna be on psp too!

Whoa and another Famista DS. Tis the season for baseball games.

xero273

TreIII said:
Any way, another ACE would be fine too. Course, unless it was a Wii game, they would be starting from HD scratch again, roster wise. Wonder how that would go....

I can only think of gundam and that is 00 and Unicorn. Some more gundams from Stardust memory, F91, G Gundam, and etc. If they haven't done those yet. Since we can have supers in ACE now, gaogaigar has a chance.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
If the robot game isn't Super Robot Taisen on PS3 with eye bleedingly fucktacular awesome HD animation and sprites... I'll just continue pouting. =(

TreIII

Kintaro said:
If the robot game isn't Super Robot Taisen on PS3 with eye bleedingly fucktacular awesome HD animation and sprites... I'll just continue pouting. =(

No reason for that happen just yet. They just went through all that work to craft SRW Z last year. We'll get a "Z2" first, more than likely.

Any way, since it's an "action robot game", I'm thinking it's not going to be SRW this time. Another Century's Episode may be in the works, perhaps...?

lupinko

It's not Super Robot Wars if the keywords are "robot action game" with action emphasized. If it is SRW related it would be another ACE or some random spinoff series. :lol

TreIII

Totobeni said:
I hope it's a Border Break port .

come on SEGA/AM2 do it.

Would be nice, but it may be too soon to announce console port(s). Game just come out in the arcades last fall, after an extensive testing period.

And has it caught on enough to be considered "popular"?

Birth By Sleep
Play length
- 15 hours per character
- 100 hours to complete everything

Scores:

10 - Each character had their own story and events, and I was able to play through this each time with a fresh feeling. The battles can be quite exciting if you can get into the game system and play through them strategically. All I can say about the graphics and music is that they are superb. The dice game and other mini games were excellent. I have no complaints.

9 - The growth system is excellent. It gets very fun to fiddle around with it and decide how you want to make your character. There are tons of different abilities and attacks, and since some of them can change in battle, so even if you can use them easily battles never became boring. I felt satisfied with the completeness of the story, and being able to see through the eyes of all three characters. Starting the Command Board, all the game elements were flawless.

9 - Firstly, I was quite impressed by the amount of story they had, viewed through the eyes of three characters. The creation of stages for each character was nicely done. There were a variety of easily manipulated attacks that made the battles quite exciting. I was quite happy that the Command Board was not just for playing, but also for strengthening your Commands. This is a great game for people who are interested in the world of this series.

9 - With three different character types to choose from, as well as many different Commands and Styles, there was an amazing variety with what you can do in battles. When the Commands you can use increases, you can choose your own way of fighting the battles which gives a nice feeling of freedom. The boss battles were quite lively and exciting, and you can have fun with the direction of them.
Via KHInsider

lupin23rd

TreIII said:
No reason for that happen just yet. They just went through all that work to craft SRW Z last year. We'll get a "Z2" first, more than likely.

Any way, since it's an "action robot game", I'm thinking it's not going to be SRW this time. Another Century's Episode may be in the works, perhaps...?

Whatever game is being announced next issue likely won't be SRW, but I wouldn't be surprised if the jaw-dropping PS3 HD SRW game that one day will eventually come is in fact Z2. I would have bet on it going to Wii earlier but then they went and made some silly kids game using 3D instead so I'm not so sure about that now. Surely it wouldn't be PS2 again... maybe PSP.

Takao

Banned
Clearly the new mecha action game is the reintroduction of Bumpy Trot /SteamBot Chronicles 2!!!

I know Bumpy Trot /Steambot Chronicles isn't popular.

Troidal

Hrm, I doubt you can have a comprehensive 5-page interview out of a Gundam game *zing*

That leads me to think, it's either Sega or maybe From Software. Kojima/ZOE3, odds are probably the lowest but I'll bet $0.01 on it!

Takao

Banned
Reading this thread makes me think the possible "popular" mech game getting a sequel could be Chromehounds. Bbbbuuuttt I want my Bumpy Trot!!

Regulus Tera said:
Also known as Squeenix's marketing machine is outta money.

They spent it all on Crystal Bearers and David Bowe.

Or not.

NeoZylom

Takao said:
Reading this thread makes me think the possible "popular" mech game getting a sequel could be Chromehounds. Bbbbuuuttt I want my Bumpy Trot!!

They spent it all on Crystal Bearers and David Bowe.

Or not.

And on Leona Lewis for the FF13 theme song ... :p

Spiegel said:
[PS3/PSP/PS2] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2010 (Konami)

Was a release date announced? My trip to Japan in April just keeps getting better with all the new games I'll be picking up (Gundam Assault Survive, Ryu ga Gotoku 4, Hokuto Musou)...

Takuhi

Oh check out the Etrian Odyssey 3 scan!

The Shinobi can split its HP and TP to create a controllable shadow double that fills the sixth character slot. So hardcore.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Takuhi said:
Oh check out the Etrian Odyssey 3 scan!

The Shinobi can split its HP and TP to create a controllable shadow double that fills the sixth character slot. So hardcore.
That sounds awesome.

Too bad it seems I'm not hardcore enough for the game. I gave the first one a chance a while back, but couldn't get through the first few hours.

Top Bottom