• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Super Marvel vs Capcom 3 hinted by Lupinko

Lothars

Balb said:
Jeez I thought they'd at least show some restraint for MvC3 since they're at the mercy of Marvel but I was dead wrong. Actually kind of pissed, unless the new content ends up being downloadable too.

It will if anything It will probably be like SSE AE is where it's DLC and a disc content but either way I don't care I will buy it day one. I love MVC 3, to me it's one of the best fighting games released.

speedpop said:
And people around here continue to hold Capcom upon a pedestal.

All I can say is:

ZTKBN.gif

I will still hold Capcom with high praise because they make great games and are a great developer.

Kimosabae

Banned
I want 10 or less. Super/AE has too many characters as is, and in this day and age of constant updates/revisions, I'd like to see what would happen if the fgc actually were given a chance to learn one of these games.

Dahbomb

Kimosabae said:
I want 10 or less. Super/AE has too many characters as is, and in this day and age of constant updates/revisions, I'd like to see what would happen if the fgc actually were given a chance to learn one of these games.
You're probably gonna get flamed for this, especially around here but your post holds great truth.

When there are too many characters in a game (in a 1v1 fighting game), it's almost impossible to know all possible character match ups and there is a significant risk of being "randomed out" in high level play because you might play against a character you have very little match experience against. Then it becomes less about applying the mechanics and fighting game engine or even pushing it any further and more about trying to learn all possible match ups.

I agree with it in SSF4AE but for MVC3 it's different because even with a small character set, because it's 3v3 there is an exponentially greater number of team combinations especially when you start bringing in assists in to the mix. You can never know all the possible match ups in MVC3, that's why it's not going to be hurt by more characters.

10 new characters
4 stages
Spectating
1 Alternate costume per fighter

For $40 wouldn't be bad, considering 10 DLC characters would be $50

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Finaika said:
Isn't this too soon? The game just came out what like a month ago?

Weird thing, Lupinko gave the hint of smvc3 on two months anvy. That's right, ONLY 2 MONTHS!

Dahbomb said:
That is some weak sauce wishlist. Here's mine:

Yeah, I agreed. I was trying to keep it realistic without getting my hype too high. (Your wishlist is what I really want to see but it have no chance to happens.)

Dahbomb

Honestly if they just improve the online (spectator/replay mode) and add in some of the more popular fan requested characters (MMX, Strider, Gene, Vergil etc), I would buy it day 1.

If Vergil is in it then....

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

KAL2006

Banned
Lucky I didn't buy MvC3 as I had a feeling a SMvC3 will come out, the reason I didn't get original MvC3 is because I heard the online is not as good, and I have been playing the game regularly in my mates house anyway.

Dahbomb said:
Honestly if they just improve the online (spectator/replay mode) and add in some of the more popular fan requested characters (MMX, Strider, Gene, Vergil etc), I would buy it day 1.

If Vergil is in it then....

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

I always said if we couldn't get Strider I'd take Verg. I think Vergil could easly replace Strider anyway with Darkslayer, Phantom Swords (drones) quick strikes with the Yamato. I almost prefer Vergil to Strider. If they can't get Dan Southworth though I don't want him! lol.

DXPett1

:|

I just fucken brought this game. First time I have purchased a Capcom fighter (besides SFII HD Remix) and they do this to me *sigh*

To be fair, it could just as easily be a portable version of MvC3, or even a PC version with the DLC included.

Of course, being the Mahvel whore I am, I'd buy it day one without question. Whatever it is.

N4Us

KAL2006 said:
How long did they wait until they announced SSFIV after SFIV

Seven months after the console release. Vanilla was in arcades for much longer before though so Super may have been planned much earlier.

NeonZ

I think Capcom is really stupid if they market this as a SUPER Marvel vs Capcom 3 rather than a Marvel Vs Capcom 4 like they used to do for this series.

Really, just increase the budget a bit and make it stand out as its own game with new stages and a new final boss. For everything else, just build on what MvsC3 did.

People don't complain as much about annual releases of other franchises because they're presented as new games. Capcom's "fighting game updates" run against that and deliberately present themselves as the old game again... for no advantage at all. It's a bad marketing style and they should stop it.

KAL2006

Banned
N4Us said:
Seven months after the console release. Vanilla was in arcades for much longer before though so Super may have been planned much earlier.

So we should at least get an announcement by October, then a release at the end of February (exactly a year after MvC3), this is how it worked with SSFIV

Aske

Oh, good. If its worth the money I'll buy it, and I'm glad to know about it now, before I've invested a ton of money into DLC.

MvC3 is amazing, it's just skeletal. I knew what I was getting when I put down the cash, so I wasn't too disappointed, but I'd love a Super version more like MK 9 in terms of presentation; or at least featuring something like Street Fighter Alpha 3's World Tour mode. That said, all I really miss in MvC3 is stage diversity. I've seen the handful that are in the game so often that I've become a bit sick of them, and I don't remember that ever happening to me with a fighting game before.

Syril

onQ123 said:
Some people like to have all the versions of some Capcom fighting games

streetfighterII.jpg

the internet got you kids spoiled lol

That is incredibly misleading. The first Turbo is the home release of Hyper Fighting. Super Turbo and Super X are the same game, along with Turbo Revival and X Revival.

yurinka

I bet these ones will be announced in E3:

-MGS Trilogy HD
-GTA HD
-Devil May Cry Trilogy
-Onimusha HD Collection
-Resident Evil Move Collection : Umbrella Chronicles + Darksdise Chronicles + RE Gun Survivor 4
-Silent Hill Collection
-Final Fantasy Collection

Syril said:
That is incredibly misleading. The first Turbo is the home release of Hyper Fighting. Super Turbo and Super X are the same game, along with Turbo Revival and X Revival.
SFII' Hyper Fighting is the Japanese version of SFIITurbo Hyper Fighting, in arcade too. Like Super X is the Japanese version of Super Turbo and Turbo R. and X. R.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
yurinka said:
I bet these ones will be announced in E3:

-MGS Trilogy HD
-GTA HD
-Devil May Cry Trilogy
-Onimusha HD Collection
-Resident Evil Move Collection : Umbrella Chronicles + Darksdise Chronicles + RE Gun Survivor 4
-Silent Hill Collection
-Final Fantasy Collection

SFII' Hyper Fighting is the Japanese version of SFIITurbo Hyper Fighting, in arcade too. Like Super X is the Japanese version of Super Turbo and Turbo R. and X. R.

Um...wrong thread?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Criminal Upper said:
Not gonna fall for the hype this time.
Last time I fell for the hype was SSFIV and I came out disappointed. Fills the void somewhat but I miss the ole 2D days of CvS.

Ploid 3.0

I can get in trouble for this but I'm here to announce Super Mahvel vs Capcom Hyper. Better online code (we swear this time.. really give us another chance, if we don't get it this time we'll reward you next time with better online since we'll have enough time to figure it out. It takes a lot of money though so I don't know).

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Ploid 3.0 said:
I can get in trouble for this but I'm here to announce Super Mahvel vs Capcom Hyper. Better online code (we swear this time.. really give us another chance, if we don't get it this time we'll reward you next time with better online since we'll have enough time to figure it out. It takes a lot of money though so I don't know).

Would you say the new netcode is as fast as the speed of light?

All I have to say is...
2i2c0nc.jpg

Will buy day one =(

That just means I will buy ZERO dlc till E3 and comic con are done and I know there is no sequel coming.

With SFIV I could understand the game was a risk they didn't know how it would do and didn't have extensive DLC plans in mind. With MVC3 no way that's the case.

Pretty much inevitable. At least I warned my friends to wait 6 months before picking to game up in case news of an update was coming.

GhaleonQ

geebee said:
Yeah, I think I'm done with Capcom fighting games. I know it's nothing new with Capcom.. but come on.. this shit shouldn't be happening with fighting games these days unless it's an arcade version we're talking about and the updates/revisions are at least a year or two apart.

Especially since, at best, it'll be a pre-Marvel Versus Capcom-to-Marvel Versus Capcom 1 jump. We deserve an insane, content-packed 4 2 years from now, not an upgrade to correct their cash-in mentality.

MrMephistoX

If this is true hopefully it will be DLC and a disc. Everyone who assumed Capcom was going to screw over fans with AE seems to be whining in this thread as well.

vocab

If this is true .... So Capcom killing the fighting genre again. Awesome. Why do I support this company?

Dahbomb

If this is true hopefully it will be DLC and a disc. Everyone who assumed Capcom was going to screw over fans with AE seems to be whining in this thread as well.
My guess is that they are going to have regular DLCs over the course of the year and then have all the DLC as a disc by next year. Lots of money to be made this way.

Ezalc

speedpop said:
And people around here continue to hold Capcom upon a pedestal.

All I can say is:

ZTKBN.gif

Does it change things if my pedestal for Shitcom is made of festering shit from all animal species on the earth?

Already news of a sequel? Wow.

We only got one pack of costumes, where the rest at, Capcom? I need my Average Joe costume.

Watch -- with this sequel, MegaMan still won't be included.

Hugbot

Ezalc said:
Does it change things if my pedestal for Shitcom is made of festering shit from all animal species on the earth?
I get it you called them Shitcom because you don't like them very much!

Also, I like MvC3 and would love more content for it, but I hardly expect them to continue development on it without some way of getting paid. Guess I'm cynical, but I think it's exciting - but not surprising - news.

Dahbomb

spindashing said:
Watch -- with this sequel, MegaMan still won't be included.
I would laugh my ass off but it's not gonna happen. Capcom is going to bring out the big guns when it comes to fan favorites. Mega Man X is on the top of their list. I know a lot of Marvel fans want Strider in too.

SykoTech

I have yet to buy any DLC for MvC3, and I guess I'll keep it that way until I find out how this Super version will turn out. No way am I going to starting buying new characters just to find out I need another disc in order to get the rest of the content. I'm no fool, Capcom. Couldn't get me with this in Street Fighter IV, and you're not gonna get me this time either.

Hooray for being cheap and semi-patient!

Dahbomb

Yeah I am not going to buy any DLC (haven't bought any MVC3 DLC yet not even the new characters) and will wait for the full edition until next year. It has been my plan for quite some time now. Probably going to end up saving at least $50-$60.

I bought MVC3 knowing they were going to pull this but that's fine because MVC3 was a long time coming and a little extra cash going to Capcom to ensure it's longevity was the least I could do. The game even with the lack of fully featured online modes is still an excellent fighting game with a great roster and engine. It's here to stay for a long time. Capcom's priority was to make it a competitively viable game from day 1 and it easily is.

Ezalc

Only way that Shitcom will ever regain my trust is if they give Platinum Games Okami, Viewtiful Joe, and God Hand back.

I haven't bought PringlesvsMustach3 and I doubt that will change with PringlesvsMustach3: Krispy edition.

Top Bottom