• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LulzSec / Anonymous / others at war with each other, real identities exposed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
S. L. said:
Cyberpunk is the worst of all genres
Come on, leave Willy Gibson out of this.

Seriously though, read Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami and then tell me Cyberpunk isn't a good genre.

LProtag

marrec said:

Seriously though, read Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami and then tell me Cyberpunk isn't a good genre.

I don't know if I would explicitly consider that book to be cyberpunk. Perhaps a little bit, but I think it goes far beyond the genre.

Totally off topic.

I wonder just what will happen now. At least someone is stepping up to try and stop all this.

S. L.

marrec said:

i did, and i don't see how it can be considered cyberpunk - surrealistic scifi maybe?

Heysoos

SwiftSketcher said:
Posted?

Lulzsec just leaked 62,000 password/emails from unknown sources.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/368122/lulzsec-hackers-leak-62-000-email-logins

This shit is getting more serious than just internet drama. The only way to check to see if you were one of the 62,000 leaked is to download and check for your info itself. Should this be added to the OP? Maybe a new thread alltogether?

I believe someone in the CIA thread posted a link with emails only so you could check if your email was in there.

marrec

Banned
S. L. said:
i did, and i don't see how it can be considered cyberpunk - surrealistic scifi maybe?
Don't want to stay too off topic, but I would defiantly consider it Cyberpunk. It has all the main themes one would expect, it just also has a bit of Neverwhere thrown in as well.

Either way it's a damn good book.

Back on topic, doesn't seem like there is much evidence linking this NakomIs guy directly to LulzSec. Unless I missed something...

midonnay said:
is the blog getting dos'ed? or just a normal traffic spike?
Worked fine for me just now. Pretty intriguing stuff actually. I can only dream of what I would do if I had all that time on my hands, lol! I probably wouldn't be playing hax0rz on the internetz, though.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
troll-face-o.gif

It's kind of interesting, both the Jester's and LulzSec's twitter both went silent about the same time. Although the Jester did retweet a message an hour later. Seems kind of odd that LulzSec suddenly went quiet so quickly.

Hootie

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
That was sure nice to see pop up! :)

Its fucking bullshit that we even have to check this stuff. I used to be ambivalent to the whole Lulzsec thing but this is just stupid now. He's not impressing anyone or proving anything.

Hootie said:
Its fucking bullshit that we even have to check this stuff. I used to be ambivalent to the whole Lulzsec thing but this is just stupid now. He's not impressing anyone or proving anything.
I agree, though it did finally get me to move off my ass and step up password and two step verifications.

itxaka

Defeatist
Holy shit. Shyamalandingdong twist incoming.

http://pastebin.com/5NJXfbVw

Could be made up or not.

Seems to point not only to a picture of thejester but to various members of lulzsec which were created from anonops.

Quick resume:

-Anonops launched operation "unmask" in order to discover thejester real identity
-Seems that they found him
-They took it too far impersonating him to lure them and failed for thejester's trap of touting himself as a reporter (thejester probably knew that they were onto him)
-Anonops tried to pose as thejester real name and tried to involve him in fraud, making the "reporter" sent the money to his address
-When everything went down they decided to start a new group so they could start from 0 with a clean sheet and no names.
-One of lulsec could be an old phpbb coder

lol if true. This is moving way too quick. Much better than Hackers. Still missing Angelina Jolie boobs.

marrec

Banned
itxaka said:
Holy shit. Shyamalandingdong twist incoming.

http://pastebin.com/5NJXfbVw

Could be made up or not.

Seems to point not only to a picture of thejester but to various members of lulzsec which were created from anonops.

Quick resume:

-Anonops launched operation "unmask" in order to discover thejester real identity
-Seems that they found him
-They took it too far impersonating him to lure them and failed for thejester's trap of touting himself as a reporter (thejester probably knew that they were onto him)
-Anonops tried to pose as thejester real name and tried to involve him in fraud, making the "reporter" sent the money to his address
-When everything went down they decided to start a new group so they could start from 0 with a clean sheet and no names.
-One of lulsec could be an old phpbb coder

lol if true. This is moving way too quick. Much better than Hackers. Still missing Angelina Jolie boobs.

My only problem with all of that is there is no connection between Nakomis and Lulzsec that I could find in the synopsis. I wouldn't doubt it if they were a splinter from AnonOps, but Nakomis is still active in Ops last time I saw.

itxaka

Defeatist
marrec said:
My only problem with all of that is there is no connection between Nakomis and Lulzsec that I could find in the synopsis. I wouldn't doubt it if they were a splinter from AnonOps, but Nakomis is still active in Ops last time I saw.

He could be on both. With lulzsec they are getting money and fucking things up. With Anonops they look like "white" hackers attacking political stuff and such.

The perfect definition of a grey hacker. He does good things on one side then fuck things up on the other. :D

And yes there is absolutely no linkage but I don't think we will get anything better than this. If tomorrow I would get into lulzsec there would be no link from my gaf name to them unless I told someone from gaf for example.

I guess that only thejester could confirm it, but that means outing himself as well so....

Don't expect irc logs or anything. Im sure they have their identities pretty locked.

Bunch of fat, pimple-faced kids wearing WoW t shirts fighting over the internet from their moms basements. Whats there to discuss?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
RustyNails said:
Bunch of fat, pimple-faced kids wearing WoW t shirts fighting over the internet from their moms basements. Whats there to discuss?

That's really not the case most of the time.

vocab

SwiftSketcher said:
Posted?

Lulzsec just leaked 62,000 password/emails from unknown sources.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/368122/lulzsec-hackers-leak-62-000-email-logins

This shit is getting more serious than just internet drama. The only way to check to see if you were one of the 62,000 leaked is to download and check for your info itself. Should this be added to the OP? Maybe a new thread alltogether?

Cool my email and some old password I used is on that list. I wonder where they got it from because that was never my email password. It has to be some gaming related site.

vocab said:
Cool my email and some old password I used is on that list. I wonder where they got it from because that was never my email password. It has to be some gaming related site.
An old Neverwinter Nights site on Bioware was hacked and so was the Epic forums.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
vocab said:
how can I find this to check my email?

yay I'm safe :lol

"Unknown sources" is the worst place to leak stuff from. Or the best place if you want to make people shit themselves scared

ElRenoRaven

NBtoaster said:
Christ, look what people are doing to these accounts:

bGsJb.png

70Fge.png

Assholes. Faith in humanity decreasing.

I'm with you on that. I firmly believe that some people aren't human. They simply can't be to act like that.

NBtoaster said:
Christ, look what people are doing to these accounts:

bGsJb.png

70Fge.png

Assholes. Faith in humanity decreasing.

I hope they like jail, considering they all just committed felonies and bragged about it. :)

EDIT: Well, three of them did anyways.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The worst one I saw on another site...someone bragged (on their Twitter) that they had obtained the social security numbers and tax returns of an entire family. :/

Watch Da Birdie said:
The worst one I saw on another site...someone bragged (on their Twitter) that they had obtained the social security numbers and tax returns of an entire family. :/
Yeah, that was pretty disgusting. I really do hope authorities don't forget these ancillary incidents.

Watch Da Birdie

It also reminded me...my email might be safe, but I really need to check my family members' as well. :/

Despicable to see this account grubbing. Definitely makes me wonder what the fuck went wrong...

Am I just a fool for having compassion and knowing right from wrong? What is the fucking deal today where people go out of their way to make others' lives miserable?

Watch Da Birdie said:
It also reminded me...my email might be safe, but I really need to check my family members' as well. :/

This is a great point, I should really get my wife and my family members to seriously consider better password protection.

ElRenoRaven

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Despicable to see this account grubbing. Definitely makes me wonder what the fuck went wrong...

Am I just a fool for having compassion and knowing right from wrong? What is the fucking deal today where people go out of their way to make others' lives miserable?

This is a great point, I should really get my wife and my family members to seriously consider better password protection.

I honestly believe it comes down to one thing all said and done. Parents quit being parents. They don't bother to teach their kids right from wrong. Sure there are some out there that still do but they're quickly becoming the minority. Hence whole generations are now growing up without any sort of moral foundation.

As I get older I look back more and more and thank god that my parents taught me right from wrong. They taught me to help my fellow man. They taught me not be a dick just because I can.

Watch Da Birdie

It'd be delicious irony if one of the Twitter folks bragging about using the passwords overlooked the fact that their email was in the leak...

Actually, part of me wonders if this is some sort of twisted test of character Lulzsec is doing (a la Joker Two Boat plot in TDK) and will end up hacking the people who brag about stealing SSN. Seems like...well, something they'd do for the Lulz.

wondermega

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:

I think it is not too hard to see.. our culture is becoming increasingly game-centric. Blame Xbox Live. Except for people who are way deep into it, just playing within the parameter of a scripted game is not enough. That's why people like to Grief on wow, on 2nd life, etc. On YouTube.. on Twitter.. email spam, flame wars on message boards..

it's all a big bloody game to get respect and "build up your character"
It's a game to these kids but it's real life to real people. They don't even have any idea. People lose jobs, lose their money, their livelihood. Who's fault is it?

Darklord

Banned
Watch Da Birdie said:

I don't understand why they aren't getting caught. Someone posts a felony on FB and they are arrested in no time. They post tons of twitter and nothing has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom