• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just got trolled by a telemarketer

Status
Not open for further replies.

izakq

G-Fex said:
That's all?

Gosh, I wish a telemarketer would call me I got a voice impersonation of a old man down and i've been dying to try it on a phone.

That or Soundboards.

Oh man, I've been wanting to do this for the longest time.

desa

They keep calling you because you just hang up or say it's the wrong number. Of course they know it's the right number. Even if the person they are looking for is told that they don't live there, they'll still keep calling. The only way you'll get them to stop is to disconnect your line or tell them to put you on the "do not call list". They usually have a script ready for that and will verify with it over the phone. That's when you can have peace of mind from those annoying bastards.

source: Was an annoying bastard during my teen years.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They usually hang up on me. Isn't my fault they don't like the response "£1" when asking how much I spend a month on mobile phone bills. :(

Next time just say you'll get the person they want and put them on hold.

Then just leave them there. Telemarketer purgatory, and it serves them right.

G-Fex

AlimNassor said:
Reminds me of that time on The Amanda show when that old fat man starts crying when they prank call him.

Reminds me of regular show, where they just can't prank call the master pranker.

Mista Koo

I once got a call on my cell phone asking if I was Mr. Green. Since I never expected a call in perfect English and for "Mr. Green" I thought it was my cousin and played along. She started talking to me about a work meeting documents and whatsoever..
-"Wait, so this isn't a prank call?"
-"..... No?"
-"Oh. Then sorry, I'm not Mr. Green."

kehs

Banned
Why would you ignore your phone that's ringing, especially if it's a number you don't recognize?

p.s. OP doesn't know what trolling is.

I got trolled by someone at Subway's.
I asked for a meatball sub and she told me they had no more meatballs and I went FFFFFFFF.
Shoulda went to Quizno's.

Medalion

Banned
Telemarketers have to come up with clever ways of keeping you on the phone or else everybody would hang up within seconds

X26

Banned
yea that diffidently doesn't sound like a telemarketer

I've heard of people who give debt collectors a different number, this might be the case here

Peagles

CrankyJay said:
That sounds more like a debt collector than a telemarketer.

I was thinking that. I got a similar call on my mobile once. But they were all like "well is X there?" "Who's that talking in the background?" etc

CrankyJay

Banned
Peagles said:
I was thinking that. I got a similar call on my mobile once. But they were all like "well is X there?" "Who's that talking in the background?" etc

Yeah. People disconnect phone lines all the time to dodge collectors and the numbers get recycled by the phone companies. It happened to my friend who just got a land line. He was getting calls every day until he told them to contact the phone company to see who really owns the phone line.

That was not being trolled. Being trolled is more like trading for a physically-weak, one-dimensional hockey player with a poor demeanor and signing that player to a 5-year contract with a $5.4 million cap-hit for two first round drafts and a second round pick, those being the 2nd, 9th, and 32nd picks in their respective drafts, particularly with that #2 pick being a likely future all-star.

Wolfe

Speaking of trolling telemarketers (well not really related but it just reminded me) when I was working at UPS we used to answer the phone using the computers text to voice feature whatever it's called, shit was pretty funny at the time.

Female Stephen Hawking voice: "Hello thank you for choosing UPS, what can brown do for you?"

Although we had to have all the lines typed out beforehand, not sure if that kinda thing would be easier today.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
So I'm at the office, I tell this guy... Pass me the stapler, but when you pass it, make sure staples are in it, because if it isn't, I can't staple anything

surrogate

Before the do not call list, I would put the phone next to the television and crank up the volume on the religious channel.

Peagles

CrankyJay said:
Yeah. People disconnect phone lines all the time to dodge collectors and the numbers get recycled by the phone companies. It happened to my friend who just got a land line. He was getting calls every day until he told them to contact the phone company to see who really owns the phone line.

Geez, that's a bit off.

It was weirder for me though cos I've had my mobile number since I was like, 12. I think people must mis-dial a lot too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom