• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Update 4.0 This Week, A.K.A "The Vita Update"

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
qdLAp.jpg

Carl

Just think of all those people that bought a PS3 for Black Friday.

Sony says thank you buy giving them a firmware update. THANK YOU.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Downloaded it, took 2 seconds and is now installing, fastest I've seen something come from Sony, lol.

Also adds "UK English", I think they meant "English", as in, the non-butchered version of the language. :p

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
You think with the release of the Vita they would have brought over that friends activity feed thing.

And for something that now supports proper English there is a serious lack of jolly goods, most fetch and any sort of Hobnob talk.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
After the PS3 logo disappears, warning message adds about 8 seconds of boot time roughly. You can make it go a little faster if you mash buttons.

So new features:

-New health warning screen
-"PS Vita System Application Utility" under Game XMB section
-"Delete PS Vita System's Backup Files" in system settings.
-Health warnings tabs for games in info
-Privacy settings

That's all I found.

Oh, and the PS+ updating features.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Two more useless icons to clutter up my once simple looking XMB AND a safety warning at every bootup -_-? I thought like system updates should um improve the system and not make it slower and uglier and worse??

HTuran

So, bootup takes 10 seconds longer, blood red screen in all caps warning you about your health and 'UK English'.

Sounds good.

WX3

Downloading right now. Mine is taking it's usual sweet time. I caught it at a bad time as my son was playing some COD4 mp, he shut it off, and I turned it on literally 10 minutes later and had to update... I was set to play some FF13 but I guess I'll read GAF.

Top Bottom