• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

America was getting over racism before Obama came along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
This freely came out of a person's mouth in 2013.
Like, not only does this guy actually believe this - but he is saying it to people that may actually agree.

Wow.

In a weird way I do, but I'd have phrased it like this, 'Old racist assholes had simply had no occasion to be overtly racist for ages until they saw a new black man they resented.'

They clearly believe that if they can tempt the government into a fuck up (Ruby Ridge) or bloody fight (Waco), it could incite the rest of the country to rise up, and much of the military would join the resistance.

I've openly heard people wonder why a marine hasn't taken the president out already. They truly believe much of the military is waiting to stage a coup if Obama goes too far (like taking everyone's guns)
Really? Haha, yeah military coups always work out for the best right? These people are insane

Something really hypocritical about all this is, that when Bush was in office, I heard republicans say you should trust the president and his decisions. He's the commander and Chief and deserves our respect...unless he's black, apparently.

I know a guy who actually thinks black people outnumber white people, and they outvoted the white people to get obama elected, eve when confronted with Census Data

Like we're Cicadas or some shit, Hundreds of millions of us crawling out the ground every 4 years to wait in a line and give news interviews before we all descend again to the underground, waiting for the next chance to elect a black president.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom