• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New achievements appear for Forza Horizon - new DLC expansion?

wrog

End of the article? Have a look at all the bolded words throughout the whole page...

Only thing I can think of (and it's a hell of a stretch) is something like this:
Are you in?
R U IN?

https://twitter.com/Turn10Studios/status/323058159419793409/photo/1

Edit: Forza 1000 Club trailer: http://video.gamespotcdn.com/d8/gsc/2013/04/169_forzaHorizon_exclusive_ot_360_041213.ipod.mp4

Forza Horizon 1000 Club Expansion Pack (new challenge system, 2 cars - Ford F100 1956, RUF CTR2 1995), it's free, releases on April 16th.

3iyk3lh.jpg

C4XE0p5.jpg

IXIrjii.jpg

yKxeHHP.jpg

Every car has its own challenge, every challenge earns you a medal. Eh. At least its free.

I hope they're working on another proper expansion like the rally pack but somehow I doubt it.

Lima

Damn son. I need to get some more cash to be able to buy all the cars in the game. May need to grab some of that DLC too to avoid buying the most expensive cars. Brilliant idea to get people to buy the car packs.

amar212

Okay, I need a new FH PAL copy for cheapest price imaginable from some online store, UK preferably.

Where do I shop?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Every car has its own challenge, every challenge earns you a medal. Eh. At least its free.

I hope they're working on another proper expansion like the rally pack but somehow I doubt it.

i would buy a second rally pack SO HARD. while very expensive, the rally pack was amazing

Jac_Solar

I'd still kill for the ability to load an alternate version of the open world with all the Rally changes/stages included. Still think that was the biggest missed opportunity with this game.

If this is just cars I won't bite, but maybe they have something else up their sleeve. I'd love some more free roam methods of making money - I've flipped the popularity meter so many times now, but there's no payout anymore.

Eh, haven't been following this, but is the rally thing a separate mode entirely? I thought about buying it, but I haven't played Horizon in awhile so.

Shaneus

This... this is good. But do we know if in the 1000 challenges, DLC cars are included as well? Because it would kinda bite if you could only get the 1000 if you bought all the DLC *and* had the season pass for the SP bonus car in those certain packs.

Lima

This... this is good. But do we know if in the 1000 challenges, DLC cars are included as well? Because it would kinda bite if you could only get the 1000 if you bought all the DLC *and* had the season pass for the SP bonus car in those certain packs.

Well yeah of course. It is a sneaky move to sell the DLC car packs.

Just from looking at the achievement list both the 3 shelby medal wins and the 13 ford ones need car packs since there are not enough cars in the base game from these manufactures.

So technically this DLC is not free.

Shaneus

Well, it is if you don't want to get all 1000 challenges. Being the sort of person who doesn't (anymore) give a shit about getting 100% of all gamer points, I won't be missing out.

But yeah, whilst I love free DLC, I don't like how it seems it's gonna force people to buy DLC to get the full 1250 points or whatever it works out as.

So do these challenges provide any in-game currency rewards?

My lack of funds from free roaming is exactly whats limited the size of my garage.

Shaneus

Had to buy 3 car packs to get all the cars needed lol.

Ah well my garage is ready for Tuesday.
Are they the only three you've bought? Which ones?

Despite my objections earlier, I don't really have a problem buying a car pack or three as it's a good excuse to drop some money on this game (rally pack sale, stat) and if it's only three packs on top of the base game, I guess it's not so bad.

Edit: Wait, I'm mixing up getting the 1000 "medals" and getting the full cheevos. Full cheevos = three packs, full 1000 medals = buy everything... I guess?

Lima

I bought these

November Bondurant Car Pack - It had a Ford, a BMW and a cheap Ferrari I wanted
February Jalopnik Car Pack - A cheap Nissan datsun and a Ford I think

Also bought the Top Gear April Pack because it has some ridiciously cool cars but those are not really needed. So I guess you really only need the first two to be able to get all the achievements.

I have the Limited Edition though so you may need more cars if you don't have it.

Edit:

Yes two or three packs for all achievements, all car packs to get all medals.

zorbsie

This is very cool and it's free. Well played Turn 10/Playground. This will get me back into Horizon, but more importantly it will get me to try out a lot more cars and not just the ones I'm used to.

The dead on arrival multiplayer community really killed my interest in Horizon after awhile, because I was really jazzed about that aspect of the game. But, I may grab the game again for cheap because this looks cool.

Lima

The dead on arrival multiplayer community really killed my interest in Horizon after awhile, because I was really jazzed about that aspect of the game. But, I may grab the game again for cheap because this looks cool.

Huh? There are still plenty of people playing. At least in custom games.

Shaneus

Definitely. When I was first playing I'd always listen to podcasts. I actually might throw it back in the disc tray.
Via in-game player or just on another audio system? Listening to podcasts over the "radio" is a great idea. I'd still prefer it though if they implemented in-game music as a part of the radio (so the DJ and ads are between tracks rather than over the top of them).

trinest

It really looks like they just streamlined that crappy online mode which has things like "drive around the map and do 30,000KM" into more bite sized chunks. I don't know why we should be excited for it.

I play Multiplayer quite often :\

U2NUMB

Sounds good to me.. will try tonight. Here is the description from Xbox.com

"Free download! This game expansion adds fun new challenges for every car available to drive in Forza Horizon, over 1000 challenges in all! Every completed challenge awards you a gold medal. The more medals you collect, the faster you dominate friends on the new 1000 Club leaderboard. Do you have what it takes to reach 1000? Download today!"

Very curious as to how this works... free is free so sounds awesome.

You know MS/Turn10, this might be a GREAT time to offer a discount on the Season Pass and/or the Rally Pack.

$50 for the Season Pass is just crazy. Rally Pack at $20 not exactly a deal either. The LE owners don't even get a discount (unlike Forza 4 CE w/ the Porche add on).

Still, hella nice free update, great reason to get back into Horizon once I finish off F4's bucket list. Maybe we'll get a Season Pass discount in a few weeks.

Shaneus

Actually, that's a really good point. I remember being surprised when there was a VIP discount for the Porsche pack... but has there been any bonus for the VIP owners, really?

I mean, I haven't been playing that close attention to it so I honestly can't say I know for sure, but I'm pretty sure there hasn't been anything as genuinely noteworthy as some kind of discount for anything.

With this update, the open world arcade racer battle of 2012 has been settled, this car medal setup is basically what Most Wanted did, but with more content here.

All for free, bravo Playground Games

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
This reminds me, I haven't unlocked the final barn find yet. I have everything else in single player done, and I don't have it yet. How do I unlock it? Do I have to be in a specific area to get the thing to show up on my map?

Mar

What audio issues? I can't hear the radio stations if that's what you mean.

No, not that. The turbo sounds of the engines drop out occasionally and re-appear randomly. Once you notice it, you can't help but notice it. And I simply can't play the game anymore as a result.

Might fire up the game tonight and see.

Mar

Nope, sound is still fucked. What a shame, I really loved playing this game and such a basic thing has ruined it for me.

Shaneus

Bah. Stacks of people have reported that the sound mixing is shot, but no acknowledgement or fix :/

FM4 got it pretty well right, but FH is just completely out of whack. Christ, what do we have to do?

Top Bottom