• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Stream on MadCatz TV

VariantX

Who stream in 432p+? -_-

No Cinder, no fuck given.

74hits? Hmm ... So Ultra means you do juggle infinitely? ... lame

Ultra is a finisher. You can only initiate it when the opponent's health is extremely low. So its essentially juggling an already dead body.

Silky

Banned
That's the easier of the two logistical issues, but often it isn't as easy as you make it sound. Funding is always an issue, and there's a lot of BYOC going on for the mid-level tournaments; and you can imagine how that might complicate things when the console needs to be pre-authorized per day, and tied to a specific game(or multiple games).

Also I'd add that streams are often pretty separate from the rest of the event and often not even handled by the TOs, except when the event is really big. These are events where you're lucky if they can accurately update the brackets to the viewers.

Alright. That seems logical. Would interest in a game being in a tournament determine how much funding would be put into organizing that game's tourney?

Khezu

I'm pretty impressed by it, they took the interesting stuff from KI, and turned it into a more traditional fighting game. They are even trying to make zoning a viable thing.

I doubt it, but I hope it eventually comes to PC.

kick51

Banned
So they're talking about pushing this at tournaments... I can see sponsored runs at Evo not being a problem, but do they have a solution for tournament organizers having to manage XBONEs and the used game/online check-in restrictions for those setups?

Seriously. I'll give this game a chance if I can, but Xbone is like the anti-tournament console. Not just for the checks but the price too.

Dahbomb

If professional tournaments can (barely) manage constant live-streams from multiple different outputs, I'm pretty sure they can handle connecting the Xbone at least once for the day.
It's not just one Xbox they have to connect, they will have to keep all of them connected. It's a logistical nightmare and it will keep this game from reaching its competitive potential because you would have to get an Xbox On JUST to play KI at tournaments. A tournament can function without the internet, you don't need to stream but you need the internet to play Xbox One games.

zainetor

Banned
Seriously. I'll give this game a chance if I can, but Xbone is like the anti-tournament console. Not just for the checks but the price too.

if you just have to check 1 time, its no big deal for a tournament.
Do you have to stay online when you play? I dont think so. You check before the tournament begins.

It sucks because I want this game, but I wont buy the console...goddamn.

LTWheels

if you just have to check 1 time, its no big deal for a tournament.
Do you have to stay online when you play? I dont think so. You check before the tournament begins.

It sucks because I want this game, but I wont buy the console...goddamn.

They have said as well you can use for mobile phones internet to check. As long as it is not too difficult or complex this could work relatively way in a tournament setting for a 1 time check.

with Double Helix developing this (and the F2p/pay for character news) my anticipation for this tanked in the last few hours. :(

It's not a F2P game, people were misinformed about that. You can buy the game normally like any other fighting game. The demo only has Jago playable, and you can optionally buy characters to add-on to the demo instead of buying the full game.

Solune

Game looks really fun and the particle effects are actually pretty good. Hope it somehow, someway comes to PS4. Give this game a chance if you get an Xbone.

I am a massive Killer Instinct fan but i will not buy an XBONE for this one game..

Doesn't matter how good it is. I'm not getting an xbone just for a new KI.

Pretty much. Would like to show support for this but, I'm not compromising my position to play it.

kick51

Banned
Who stream in 432p+? -_-

No Cinder, no fuck given.

74hits? Hmm ... So Ultra means you do juggle infinitely? ... lame

People who want higher bitrate, cleaner IQ, and 60fps stream at 432p+

resolution is just one aspect of image quality

It's not a F2P game, people were misinformed about that. You can buy the game normally like any other fighting game. The demo only has Jago playable, and you can optionally buy characters to add-on to the demo instead of buying the full game.

that's great to know, actually.

Knowing that Double Helix is involved still makes me wary.
If they can put their weight behind a game that's even a small step up from mediocre I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Guess we'll find out. :)

KdoubleA

The music/audio when the ultra hits (4:20) is pretty great.

Yeah, if they pull this off, the music + announcer are just gonna make matches even more hype!

Also, GAF is chaotic so I probably missed it, but the producer said that the Free-to-Play was a "misconception" and that it's essentially a "massive demo" where people can play the full single player and MP as Jago, but it looks like the game will retail like normal.

Not sure if it's just MS backtracking, but even if it is, that's a good thing :)

luffeN

F2P explained here (there will be a full priced full version):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHVuO03LKAQ&t=6m23s

Good news :)

Just as you said. There will be a full version you can buy just like any other fighter. There will also be a F2P version with Jago as an unlocked character and all the single player and online content from the full version. If you think that maybe a second character won't be that bad, then buy a second character in the F2P version.

spannicus

http://youtu.be/HAPi7ssyoHA

Here it is. Dicked around a bit to learn the controls (I'm sabrewolf).
It was tough at first, then the SF training kicked in (props if you hear me tell him "when in doubt, hadoken!") before I won :)

A little marshy, but there is definitely depth there. I went from mildly disinterested (I bleed virtua fighter, doa, and street fighter any day) to fully interested.

Game looks sick, cant wait. Its free to play during launch correct?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Man Im pulling a full 180 with this game. I HATED that fucking trailer.

But now..

- Max's impressions are insanely positive especially for a pre-alpha build

- Its NOT F2P thank God

- Everyone who has played it loves and says the trailer does not do the visuals/audio justice

FUCK IM GETTING HYPE AGAIN.

The only thing killing my hype is I dont want an Xbone but if this game delivers Ill be forced to buy one.

http://youtu.be/HAPi7ssyoHA

Here it is. Dicked around a bit to learn the controls (I'm sabrewolf).
It was tough at first, then the SF training kicked in (props if you hear me tell him "when in doubt, hadoken!") before I won :)

A little marshy, but there is definitely depth there. I went from mildly disinterested (I bleed virtua fighter, doa, and street fighter any day) to fully interested.
Nice! Thanks for the upload!

I yelled "OHHH!!!" near the end there :)

M-PG71C

Pretty much. Would like to show support for this but, I'm not compromising my position to play it.

Same. It's sad too because its one of the best damn announcements in a long time and it looks great! But the policies on Xbox One is something I can't support.

It's a no go for me. :(

Hearing the devs on the gamespot stream really increased my confidence. They have a lot of team members with fighting game experience and there will b a full version of the game to just buy. The free 2 play will keep the player club up and let new people test the waters. Looking forward to it. The art on the stick sucked though they need to do better than that.

TigerKnee

I've always wanted this game to come out and I'm glad they're not just rehashing the same formula

This is a dream come true for me. Further validates my XBone

Skab

Mentioned this in the other thread but figured I'd repeat it here. This is going to be on cross counter live tonight, which is starting early (7:30 - 8 according to gootecks twitter.)

ShinAmano

I'm not sure why people are mentioning Ryse in their lists of hot/anticipated Xbox games. That game looked like an absolute travesty.

lol agree.

That said I hate this announce a couple characters here and there with fighters. With KI coming back I expect the bare minimum to be everyone that was in KI2...tease the new guys I am fine with but seriously teasing returning characters FUUUUU.

Top Bottom