• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 DLC finally cross-region compatible?

Storm360

When I bought MW2 DLC on PSN a while ago, I had 10 or so different downloads for different ID's in my list, all European though, may be the case with CoD Ghosts

Alec

Someone log in to an EU account, grab the Killzone ID...then someone log in to a US account and grab the KIllzone ID, compare?

On the PS3 some DLC was region free but like the games themselves it was always the choice of the publisher. Don't see it being any different this time.

This is what I expect. It was the same way with 360 too, for the few region free games like Mushi Futari.

HT UK

I hope this is true, will make things easier when importing games. Was thinking of importing Knack & Killzone as it works out cheaper

Derpcrawler

This is what I expect. It was the same way with 360 too, for the few region free games like Mushi Futari.

All the DLC were region free on Xbox 360, 90% of the games were region free. The only games that weren't are by EA and Bethesda, but even then they had wierd coding, say PAL and NTSC-U/C versions were usable on both NA and EU consoles, but not NTSC-j consoles, or in case of Mirror's Edge the game was playable on both NTSC-U/C and NTSC-j but not PAL.

Play-Asia is very helpful and test all games from all regions on all 360 consoles.

Skyrim: http://www.play-asia.com/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-classics-paOS-13-49-en-70-6fpb.html

Mirror's Edge: http://www.play-asia.com/mirrors-edge-paOS-13-49-en-70-2x43.html

Games from any other publisher were always region free, as far as I know neither Ubi, nor Activision has a single regionally locked game on 360. DLC were always region free, I had Japanese Oblivion and all DLC from US XBL worked fine, and I had Asian English Skyrim that is restricted to only NTSC-j consoles, again all DLC were working fine.

Storm360

Saw someone on twitter with the PS4 NTSC version of CoD Ghosts, his ID apparently ends differently, in a 18

Not looking good, but at the same time, MW2 (and maybe the others? MW2 was my only PS3 CoD) did have multiple download options when it came to DLC

hank_tree

Has anyone actually tried this since the PS4 came out?

I have an EU copy of Assassin's Creed 4 (and an EU console) but my PSN account is a US account. If I buy the season pass on the US store will that work on my EU copy of the game?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

I have an EU copy of Assassin's Creed 4 (and an EU console) but my PSN account is a US account. If I buy the season pass on the US store will that work on my EU copy of the game?
Someone should take a hit and purchase one of the $0.99-1.99 DLCs and report back if they work or not. *hint hint*

bobot

Neo Member
Hmmm. I was bitten once (completely my daily of course. Shit happens). What pusses me off more was then ps support effectively told me to cram it. :(

Will follow with interest

hank_tree

Yeah I just bought a 99c DLC for Assassin's Creed 4 and it's not showing up in game.

Also if I go to the in game link to the store to try and by DLC I get a no DLC available message.

So yeah it looks like PS4 DLC is not region free.

JJD

I'm on the same spot. EU PS4 and Killzone, but PSN account...

Yeah I just bought a 99c DLC for Assassin's Creed 4 and it's not showing up in game.

Also if I go to the in game link to the store to try and by DLC I get a no DLC available message.

So yeah it looks like PS4 DLC is not region free.

Awwww...come one Sony...

Top Bottom