• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 and PS4 Sales Dominate in New Zealand; The One dominating consoles called The One

Speaking as a Kiwi, I can wholeheartedly say that based on retail shelf space and seeing them in the wild, there is no way that the Vita is Beating the 3DS in New Zealand. Also when examining the quote "PlayStation largest brand in portable consoles"; it is one of those vague quotes that actually says very little about what is actually happening. Is it talking about PSP and Vita sales; is it including people adding games to their PSN accounts via PS+ but don't own a Vita; are you including moble as a gaming platform then can include sony tablets and phones; is it based off of social media likes and follows. With a quote that vague, it could mean any of those.

As a side note, I looked through Mightyape.co.nz (New Zealand's Amazon) games best sellers, there are 5 or 6 (2 of them are Pokemon X and Y) 3DS games and the console itself on the list, while there is only 1 Vita game on that list.

ZeroX03

Banned
As a side note, I looked through Mightyape.co.nz (New Zealand's Amazon) games best sellers, there are 5 or 6 (2 of them are Pokemon X and Y) 3DS games and the console itself on the list, while there is only 1 Vita game on that list.

Mighty Ape rank their console models separately, so that's just the red and black 3DS XL on the top selling list. And almost every other model is in the top 500 - as is the sole Vita model - so they're selling a good chunk of systems when you combine them.

So yeah there's no way Vita is outselling 3DS, that's just PR spin.

Grimløck;101146241 said:
in SenjutsuSage's heart.
tumblr_lx9jb1SPMr1qdrpdr.gif

netBuff

The Vita outselling the 3DS is the really surprising part of this release - and great success for the PS4 even in New Zealand is fantastic to hear!

Can i ahve a link to the original thread on this new zealand joke?

Here you go

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=97140563&highlight=#post97140563

Starts with this post but seems to go unnoticed in the thread

Bit of a thread hijack(?) but for what it's worth, I went around a bunch of stores in Wellington, NZ today and basically they've only got a handful of pre-orders so you'll be able to just walk in and pick one up come Tuesday. Apparently, demand dropped right off after Christmas and a lot of people got fed-up with "join the queue" and, well, didn't.

So Kiwis in the capital that don't have one, there you.

Was thinking about maybe picking up one myself.

They'll probably also start advertising it again, now.

Then he follows up with this post...

Anecdotal, but demand seems to have dropped off a cliff in New Zealand. You can pretty much walk in and get one at major retailers. A friend who works at JB Hi-Fi is pretty much begging people to come in and pick one up. Seems like the early adopters swooped in and post Christmas everyone is re-evaluating priorities. I know I was going to pick one up but decided to clear some debts instead.

It should go without saying that that goes for the Xbox One as well.

Speaking as a Kiwi, I can wholeheartedly say that based on retail shelf space and seeing them in the wild, there is no way that the Vita is Beating the 3DS in New Zealand. Also when examining the quote "PlayStation largest brand in portable consoles"; it is one of those vague quotes that actually says very little about what is actually happening. Is it talking about PSP and Vita sales; is it including people adding games to their PSN accounts via PS+ but don't own a Vita; are you including moble as a gaming platform then can include sony tablets and phones; is it based off of social media likes and follows. With a quote that vague, it could mean any of those.

Occonomiyaki Jr.

A_Gorilla

Banned
So why did oceyuminyaki get banned anyways? I cant believe people actually believed his crap about NZ.

In another thread people kept bringing this up and he snapped and started insulting them. He'd already been banned before for unrelated reasons (I think) so that was the final straw for the mods I guess...

boingball

Not surprising. I have seen Kiwis (the flightless birds) in the wild but haven't seen a PS4 yet. Xbones are plentiful though.

Top Bottom