• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"...Time for Americans to start slaughtering Muslims in the streets" - Pat Dollard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaptruder

Banned
This man deserves to be executed.

With logic, reason and compassion.

The logic, reason and compassion of knives and bullets flying into his body.

Proverbial knives and bullets that will work to change his mind.

Because said proverbial knives and bullets are rocks and bats, which will definetly change his mind.

By helping him empathize with the victims of violence all around the world.

M-PG71C

I'm good with Muslims, they should be able to enjoy practicing their religion in peace right here in America. Terrorists though, they can fuck off.

The practice of one man does not make whole of a practice of one kind.

This man deserves to be executed.

With logic, reason and compassion.

The logic, reason and compassion of knives and bullets flying into his body.

Proverbial knives and bullets that will work to change his mind.

Because said proverbial knives and bullets are rocks and bats, which will definetly change his mind.

By helping him empathize with the victims of violence all around the world.

If someone had only tried that with Radio Télévision Libre des Mille Collines.

Who the fuck is Pat Dollard

Why does he deserve any spotlight
He's a right wing fascist/conservative documentary maker. He has a following of 35,000 people on Twitter. That's 35k people that agree with his shit. Should we sweep this under the rug, or let more people know the amount of crazy there is out there?

He's a right wing fascist/conservative documentary maker. He has a following of 35,000 people on Twitter. That's 35k people that agree with his shit. Should we sweep this under the rug, or let more people know the amount of crazy there is out there?

Right. He already has a spotlight. It's our job to call him out for being one of the shittiest human beings ever to have been birthed.

35k people on Twitter, not even accounting for those among his followers who haven't discovered the internet.

Ekdrm2d1

Screen-Shot-2014-04-02-at-6.49.10-PM1.png

130245864639.gif

rjc571

Banned
Can he be arrested for advocacy of illegal activities?

According to Brandenburg vs Ohio (1969), the first amendment does not cover speech which is likely to incite "imminent lawless action". The defendant in that case, who was originally convicted as a result of a speech at a KKK rally in which he warned that "there might have to be some revengeance taken" for the "continued suppression of the white, Caucasian race", had his conviction was overturned because he didn't specify when or where the action should take place. In this example, however, Pat Dollard is proposing for the slaughter of innocent civilians to immediately take place in the event of an extremely specific action, one which is likely to occur at some point in the future (i.e the exact definition of "imminent"). Is there a case to have this nutjob locked up?

According to Brandenburg vs Ohio (1969), the first amendment does not cover speech which is likely to incite "imminent lawless action". The defendant in that case, who was originally convicted as a result of a speech at a KKK rally in which he warned that "there might have to be some revengeance taken" for the "continued suppression of the white, Caucasian race", had his conviction was overturned because he didn't specify when or where the action should take place. In this example, however, Pat Dollard is proposing for the slaughter of innocent civilians to immediately take place in the event of an extremely specific action, one which is likely to occur at some point in the future. Is there a case to have this nutjob locked up?
t0UNX.jpg

In all seriousness, the Fighting Words Doctrine has been slowly left behind and subsequent court precedents have been narrowing it's definition in favor of speech. To be honest, the amount of venomous filth the rightwing radio jocks have been spewing since 9/11 and getting away with it, it would be a surprise if they took any action against this idiot.

According to Brandenburg vs Ohio (1969), the first amendment does not cover speech which is likely to incite "imminent lawless action". The defendant in that case, who was originally convicted as a result of a speech at a KKK rally in which he warned that "there might have to be some revengeance taken" for the "continued suppression of the white, Caucasian race", had his conviction was overturned because he didn't specify when or where the action should take place. In this example, however, Pat Dollard is proposing for the slaughter of innocent civilians to immediately take place in the event of an extremely specific action, one which is likely to occur at some point in the future (i.e the exact definition of "imminent"). Is there a case to have this nutjob locked up?

The weak point is the contingency involved (the incitement isn't directed to inciting "imminent" violence). But yes, it's very close to unprotected speech.

Does this include overseas terrorist attacks? Would seem silly to start attacking American Muslims (see: brown people) because some Shi'a killed some Sunni in a country that this douche couldn't tell you one fact about other than 'they hate our freedom'.

cdkee

Banned
NRA/Alex Jones logic - more guns = less crime.

The irony that this shooting spree occurred in a place where you surmise you'd have the most well armed AND well trained people is lost on them.

Oh and this guy should be arrested for inciting violence. The crazies are coming out more and more. Just recently a guy shot an Iraqi refugee because "he didn't like Muslims". This stuff doesn't even get reported on the mainstream media.

NRA/Alex Jones logic - more guns = less crime.

The irony that this shooting spree occurred in a place where you surmise you'd have the most well armed AND well trained people is lost on them.

Oh and this guy should be arrested for inciting violence. The crazies are coming out more and more. Just recently a guy shot an Iraqi refugee because "he didn't like Muslims". This stuff doesn't even get reported on the mainstream media.
Yeah I heard about that. The Iraqi immigrant was shot in a home depot parking lot right? You really have to scour the internet to find such news. Its all "what scandolous thing has miley done today?" mentality in mainstream media.

inm8num2

Patrick Dollard ‏@PatDollard 31s

Nothing says 7 million people DIDN'T sign up for #ObamaCare like @BarackObama saying 7 million people signed up for #ObamaCare. #teaparty

Patrick Dollard ‏@PatDollard 4m

Honestly, the last two days of my life have been the best in months. And this is far from over, cos I'm not gonna let it be. #WAR

Patrick Dollard ‏@PatDollard 10m

Obama is God's punishment for abortion.

This dude's twitter is a gold mine.

One thing I can say about America is they largely been free of the anti Muslim stuff sweeping the world. They might talk shit, but our government has been largely immune to it.

The Muslims have infiltrated the government, and will soon make it illegal to say anything bad about Muslims, and then implement Sharia Law!

And to think - the US has probably drone-striked people for inciting less, and taken portions of their neighborhood out with them. The horror of "collateral damage".

This is the pathetic side of humanity in full view. The fear, the ignorance, the tribalism and the sadness.

What should Muslim Americans do?
Stand their ground.

But take pause to understand that others stand with them.

So is that an actual Jesus quote? I mean that sounds fairly unjesus like. But maybe hippie Jesus is just as fake as supply side Jesus, and the true one is inbetween?

Xdrive05

I know this isn't a fucking gun thread, but as a 2A supporter (generally) I think Muslim Americans, and anyone who could be mistaken for them by angry inebriated racists, would be wise to arm themselves and be trained in firearms safety, and learn their state's cary and defense statutes.

I sure as fuck would after reading that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom