• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Dancing All Night - ‘Rise Kujikawa’ Trailer

Sitrus

English Rise > Japanese Rise. Y'all know this be true.

I can say I almost always enjoy the original dub more than anything else, but in this case I have to agree. I understand Japanese and even then it's making my ears scream. I think her voice reminds me too much of her other tsundere roles...

Vlaphor

LvArM9x.gif

Bring it on!

Also, if you think if Rise's Japanese VA is bad, check out Teddie's

tokkun

Nope small bits have been in the other trailers. It looks kinda busy though, Having to keep track of notes on the edges of the screen is a hassle compared to having lanes going in one direction like beatmania or something. Elite Beat Agents and Project Diva usually refrain from having notes around the edges :/

There are some Japanese arcade games that use a similar style with a touch screen. Having the notes move toward the edges lets you use both hands in gameplay. The video here shows buttons on those edge circles, but I bet that they also let you tap them with your thumbs.

PK Gaming

Good stuff.

Chalk me up as a fan of Rie Kugiyama. I can see why people dislike her, but I really like her voice. Which is weird, because I tend to prefer dubs over subs. Strange, isn't it?

now the real question is when the NA release date is and if I'll be able to resist the urge to just import it instead of waiting...

Will you kill me if I say that the English Rise sounds WAY better than the Japanese seiyuu?

(BTW, I'm studying Japanese, and I like many things about Japan without going weeabo over them... I dislike their current anime for instance, and most of current jpop as well)

Will you kill me if I say that the English Rise sounds WAY better than the Japanese seiyuu?

(BTW, I'm studying Japanese, and I like many things about Japan without going weeabo over them... I dislike their current anime for instance, and most of current jpop as well)
Anyone who's anyone knows Laura Bailey is awesome

Ryan95

Also, if you think if Rise's Japanese VA is bad, check out Teddie's

I agree with you: I find Kuma Japanese VA is really unBEARable, while Rise one is far more tolerable, even if the English one is still my favourite.

Anyways, I'm crossing my fingers for getting P4D in Europe in a physical format as well.

Maybe one day Atlus will put out a trailer with more than two seconds of gameplay footage. But maybe they know exactly what their audience wants and what their audience wants is just high quality video of anime girls dancing?

because i want that too

Rise doesn't really bother me, but I'm kind of split down the middle in regard to the various VAs. JP Teddie/Kuma is awful. I might give a slight edge to JP Yukiko and Naoto. JP Dojima kills the ENG one (so does most of the "secondary" cast). the rest of the party members I'd probably give to the ENG cast.

Haruka ... another Kugimiya role.

ugh, now that's an irritating role

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Anyone who's anyone knows Laura Bailey is awesome
To be fair, Laura Bailey vs Rie Kugimiya is basically an ultimate showdown. I can't find any examples of Rie as Rise but I really feel like it's off a bit. The only place Laura ever loses is probably singing stuff. Then again, I'm mega biased. The shoddy games I play just to here Laura Baileys voice. That's partly why P4 was a real treat.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
If you watch the background with the red roses a face shows up in the background. Part of the face shows up in like 3 seconds in when Rise starts talking.
You mean this one?

nuovo_2.jpg

The stage is called "Prince Charming", so it's just a generic prince charming
or Yukiko's prince charming like those Yukikos pointing at him seem to suggest.

FluxWaveZ

or Yukiko's prince charming like those Yukikos pointing at him seem to suggest.

This is likely it. The trailer suggests that brainwashing is going on (akin to P4A's illusions), so it seems like elements reminiscent of other characters' Shadows are appearing on stages.

Meia

This is likely it. The trailer suggests that brainwashing is going on (akin to P4A's illusions), so it seems like elements reminiscent of other characters' Shadows are appearing on stages.

Would be funny if this is the case and the only stage we've seen thus far is basically Yukiko's(I think that's the only "set" they've used in the trailers so far). Wonder if *everyone* will have their own then. Interesting thing with that would be the characters that didn't get dungeons associated with them, so wonder what they'd be like...

Zareka

The story is gonna be hot garbage again isn't it.

Throw me in with the Bailey fans too. While I prefer dubs I'll watch JP VA with zero problems, but JP Rise is ear bleadingly awful.
And she's still not as bad as Teddie

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Please tell me the story in this isn't canon, because the game looks insanely stupid and it's not something I could ever see myself enjoying. Just in my opinion of course, I don't mean to disrespect or offend those that are interested in it.

Top Bottom