• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - GameTrailers.com Onstage Demonstration

AAK

szaromir said:
DMC4 doesn't have great graphics.

Yes it does.

bouc_emissaire said:
OMG !

image4.jpg

WOAH

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
I think this game would make me buy about 5 PS3s if it wasn't set in a jungle. If they took all those visual assets and put them somewhere totally awesome like a steampunk utopia or a massive sci-fi city I wouldn't be able to control myself.

As it is, I get scared every time I look at the screenshots. I have a fear of jungles.

Damn it.

Kangu

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
here's the HD "Gunplay" gameplay video (awesome)
http://download.gamevideos.com/11513/gv.com.UnchartedDrakesFortuneGunplayHD_1280x720.wmv

Indiana Jones + Gears + Jak & Daxter + RE4 = :D :D

I just did a complete 180 on this title because of that video.

Now I'm incredibly hyped. The mix of plataforming and combat looks phenomenal in this trailer, whoevers at the controls actualy looks like they know what they're doing and the game just shines in these conditions. I was particularly impressed at how fun the plataforming looked and how well it's intergated into the environment (truck bridgel :lol ). A lot of the moveset seems to be straight out of SotC, which is great for me because I always felt SotC had great controls for plataforming that were severely underutilized.

Is this video all actually part of the demo? Because if it is it's incredible that we haven't seen these parts of it until now. It's hard to believe that we're yet to get a complete playthrough of the demo on video.

Nolan North, the voice and mocap actor for Nathan Drake apparently does the voice of Young Jackie in The Darkness as well.
He also did voice work in Resistance.
Pretty cool. I thought he looked and sounded familiar but looking at his imdb I can't place him from anything. I guess he's just so much of an "every man" that I can relate to him somehow.

Kittonwy

Banned
blindrocket said:
Nolan North, the voice and mocap actor for Nathan Drake apparently does the voice of Young Jackie in The Darkness as well.
He also did voice work in Resistance.
Pretty cool. I thought he looked and sounded familiar but looking at his imdb I can't place him from anything. I guess he's just so much of an "every man" that I can relate to him somehow.

Nolan North is a cool name too.
Indifferent2.gif

JB1981

Wow those new shots are amazing.
It's so nice to see a really great looking game that isn't Unreal Engine. Long live PS3.

JB1981 said:
Wow those new shots are amazing.
It's so nice to see a really great looking game that isn't Unreal Engine. Long live PS3.

Hmm, the ps3 has a lot of great games that aren't UE3: Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, R & C, FFXIII and no doubt versus, WKS, Folk Lore, MGS 4, Lair...come to think of it, known of the best looking ps3 games are UE3...

Anyway, I really like the enemy modelling in this game, they actually have nice detail, are nicely lit

peace

JB1981

nelsonroyale said:
Hmm, the ps3 has a lot of great games that aren't UE3: Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, R & C, FFXIII and no doubt versus, WKS, Folk Lore, MGS 4, Lair...come to think of it, known of the best looking ps3 games are UE3...

Anyway, I really like the enemy modelling in this game, they actually have nice detail, are nicely lit

peace
I know that's why I said long live PS3.

Core407

Banned
nelsonroyale said:

peace

I see that as a good thing. the UE3 engine was in development before the systems even hit. The newer engines employed in some PS3 games have to be much better than the UE3 engine is already.

Core407 said:
I see that as a good thing. the UE3 engine was in development before the systems even hit. The newer engines employed in some PS3 games have to be much better than the UE3 engine is already.

yeah, I dont mind some UE3 games, as long as the ps3 has all these custom engine games...I mean UE3 licensed to some developers actually helps them make their games look nice, but others already have the skills to take advantage

peace

LM4sure

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
What are you basing this on? You seem so sure that BR has nothing to do with what this games doing so you've got to have some reason for why that's the case.

Not really, but do you have any evidence to suggest that it can only be done on blu ray? My guess would be no, so at this point neither one of us can for sure if it could be done without blu ray. But if it's just a capacity issue, there are ways around it.

LM4sure said:
Not really, but do you have any evidence to suggest that it can only be done on blu ray? My guess would be no, so at this point neither one of us can for sure if it could be done without blu ray. But if it's just a capacity issue, there are ways around it.

of course it could be on DVDs...several of them...maybe

LM4sure

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
of course it could be on DVDs...several of them...maybe

Well if that's the case, then the guy that was talking during the presentation was talking bs. If it could in fact be done on multiple dvds. But I don't think anyone knows if that's the case, although that would be my guess.

deepbrown

LM4sure said:
Well if that's the case, then the guy that was talking during the presentation was talking bs. If it could in fact be done on multiple dvds. But I don't think anyone knows if that's the case, although that would be my guess.

What he said was that the demo wouldn't fit on a DVD, and that they were taking the advantage of Blu-ray. I seriously think you should let this go.

LM4sure said:

any game could be done on multiple dvds, blue ray is only storage really

Madman

LM4sure said:
Why keep bringing this up? It's a great looking game. Even if it could be done on a DVD, it's a first party title ane we'll never find out either way.

Who would want to swap discs on game that features no loading? I know that I wouldn't.
I was reading elsewhere in a Kingdom of Heaven Directors Cut discussion how DVD users were annoyed they had to switch discs. I had the Blu-ray version so no disc switching for me, so no annoyance.

JB1981

blindrocket said:
Who would want to swap discs on game that features no loading? I know that I wouldn't.
I was reading elsewhere in a Kingdom of Heaven Directors Cut discussion how DVD users were annoyed they had to switch discs. I had the Blu-ray version so no disc switching for me, so no annoyance.
nm

Ragnarok10

Does anyone have that picture of Drake when he's swimming through about shoulder deep water in what looks like a submarine corridor or something? The water refraction used in that shot is the best I've ever seen.

Raistlin

nelsonroyale said:
any game could be done on multiple dvds, blue ray is only storage really

I believe the 360 DVD transfer rate is half when using dual layered disks (I can't recall if that is for both layers, or the second one) ... and that puts it lower than BD.

If a game is using a lot of streaming like Uncharted, that could be problematic.

Certainly, a dev could get around this by using single layered disks ... but that means a big game like this would ship on a dozen disks :p

I wonder if water will change the color of his jeans, make them "wet" looking after he goes through it. I have seen that in other games and it's a nice touch.

Nice, a game that actually passes the high res capture test fairly well. You know, as opposed to certain other SCE published games that tend to benefit greatly from downsized shots.

deepbrown

blindrocket said:
I wonder if water will change the color of his jeans, make them "wet" looking after he goes through it. I have seen that in other games and it's a nice touch.

I trust them to do everything they can to make it realistic. We'll see. But in a video he talked of adding in footprint maps n stuff for grass and moss. So that build was a pretty early one.

Forsete

AltogetherAndrews said:
Nice, a game that actually passes the high res capture test fairly well. You know, as opposed to certain other SCE published games that tend to benefit greatly from downsized shots.

The one that runs in 1080p?

teiresias

QVT said:
I think this game would make me buy about 5 PS3s if it wasn't set in a jungle. If they took all those visual assets and put them somewhere totally awesome like a steampunk utopia or a massive sci-fi city I wouldn't be able to control myself.

Yeah, they should stick some bald space marines in there while they're at it.

Top Bottom