• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
I love how Persona 5 is to far-fetched for you guys, but persona dancing is pretty much guaranteed. I believe someone wrote that it would be a waste of time to show such a niche Japanese game such as P5, but dancing can totally happen.

Just looked closer at the image. That is without a doubt Persona dancing. So Atlus Japan showing a persona game is confirmed. Why show up with just a dancing game when you can show up with your main dancer?

To be fair, we were talking about showing at Sony's conference, not just E3.

FluxWaveZ

Maybe both games are there?

Seriously, I never thought P5 should be ruled out entirely and if P4D is there, I definitely still feel that way.

The Famitsu Persona issue of June 19 news along with this P4D tease makes me think it's not completely impossible, but I'll hold on to my pessimism... for now.

todd360

To be fair, we were talking about showing at Sony's conference, not just E3.

It would be incredibly stupid to not show P5 at the Sony conference, but have it show up some other time during E3.

I swear you guys refuse to see personas growing popularity. What kind of niche series has a 3ds game, a vita game, and a ps3 game coming out the same year.

irHt51E.png

Name: Persona GAF RPG
Engine: Rpgmaker XP/VX
Consoles: PC and Ngage
Release date: TBC

Apologies in advance for the long post

The following images are an example of what a potential PGAF RPG would look like using the RPGMAKER engine.

The portrait pictures used below would be replaced with artwork from all of us in the final game. Backgrounds, items, etc can be implemented extremely quickly as there are already preexisting BG tiles available for almost everything.

Music could be original pieces, or remixes of persona music made by fans.

A friendly reminder that the following screenshots could be done by any one of you within 20-30 minutes using Rpgmaker. The engine really is that easy to use.

PGAF RPG CONCEPT IMAGES

Dantis As The Velvet Room Assistant

dUVZqJX.png

Street Background Area

p98UMeW.png

Ridely Informing MC About The Dark Hour

uicJv69.png

School Area

Each NPC character can be programmed with social link properties, potential sides quests and more. Ideally, each student would represent one of us.

7oSr7So.png

Sophia Shouting At MC

Nc0jxKO.png

MC Social LInk With NPC

Mc6sHMq.png

Potential Shadow Battles During The Darkhour

sample_gamen20090529b.jpg

BattleScene.png

Cutscene images could be original artwork from all of us and look like the following

http://static.zerochan.net/Persona.4%3A.The.Ultimate.In.Mayonaka.Arena.full.1221007.jpg

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/3/33880/2274153-p4a_screens_storymode_02.jpg

If you guys are still up for it, I encourage all of you to purchase the rpgmaker engine using the following link. Its $1 until tomorrow, then the price will shoot back up to $30+

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly?rpgmaker_weekly&utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=Humble%20Weekly%20Bundle%20RPG%20Maker

Enjoy

Tamanon

Banned
It would be incredibly stupid to not show P5 at the Sony conference, but have it show up some other time during E3.

I swear you guys refuse to see personas growing popularity. What kind of niche series has a 3ds game, a vita game, and a ps3 game coming out the same year.

I am saying there won't be Persona 5 period.

FluxWaveZ

We're talking about E3, a North America focused event, not Japan. Japan gets those games in 2014 (maybe 2015 in P5's case), while we get two of them. Persona isn't niche in Japan, where they have Persona stuff shown in huge monitors on busy streets and where Persona movies are played in theaters.

As for the growing popularity bit, that obviously doesn't apply to me since I've gone on and on in the past about how I want the franchise to grow bigger and more powerful. Still, that doesn't imbue my perspective with delusion in regards to Persona 5's potential appearance at E3 2014. Again, I think it would only be beneficial for Persona 5 to appear at E3 2014 for everyone involved. The fans would obviously love it, and that would make more people notice the series, which would be good for Atlus. But we're not Atlus, so it's not our decision to make.

Sophia

My copy of Persona Q shipped. If anyone's interested, I'll upload some photos and a few videos with translations when it arrives.

If you see any juicy story bits, feel free to tell me in private. I fully intent to spoil myself anyhow. :D

We're talking about E3, a North America focused event, not Japan. Japan gets those games in 2014 (maybe 2015 in P5's case), while we get two of them. Persona isn't niche in Japan, where they have Persona stuff shown in huge monitors on busy streets and where Persona movies are played in theaters.

As for the growing popularity bit, that obviously doesn't apply to me since I've gone on and on in the past about how I want the franchise to grow bigger and more powerful. Still, that doesn't imbue my perspective with delusion in regards to Persona 5's potential appearance at E3 2014. Again, I think it would only be beneficial for Persona 5 to appear at E3 2014 for everyone involved. The fans would obviously love it, and that would make more people notice the series, which would be good for Atlus. But we're not Atlus, so it's not our decision to make.

I'd like to point out E3 being a North American event does not preclude the possibility of something being shown. It's unlikely given Atlus's past behavior, but if they feel it'll get exposure and the product is ready, they'll probably do it.

todd360

I have been keeping a secret from you guys... I'm the CEO of Sega. My name is Hajime Satomi. I made the decision to have Persona 5: Supreme edginess, appear at E3. Your lack of hype finally broke me and made me confess. I hope your happy.

FluxWaveZ

I'd like to point out E3 being a North American event does not preclude the possibility of something being shown. It's unlikely given Atlus's past behavior, but if they feel it'll get exposure and the product is ready, they'll probably do it.

Sure, I don't disagree with that. Those are the reasons I keep thinking of for them to want to show it there.

I'm surprised Famitsu scans haven't surfaced yet.

They always surface the day after, at least when it's come to anything involving P4AU.

Are me and Pepsiman a pairing.

How cute and/or cool will I be in this RPG

I need answers

(Awesome work so far, I'm gonna go in hard on this once my finals are done!)

Caladrius

Sure, I don't disagree with that. Those are the reasons I keep thinking of for them to want to show it there.

They always surface the day after, at least when it's come to anything involving P4AU.

I think it's also worthwhile to keep in mind that SEGA has a vested interest in making the most out of their new purchase, and they certainly have the financial backing to make it happen without too much trouble.

And thanks.

FluxWaveZ

And thanks.

Heh, so much for that. Of course, when I actually say that it never happens, it happens for the first time.

Scan looks hot. His portrait actually doesn't look sinister, which makes me think he'll have a Shadow. What he's doing conveys some awesomeness, though.

His portrait actually doesn't look sinister, which makes me think he'll have a Shadow. What he's doing conveys some awesomeness, though.

Calling it now. He'll be a 'good guy' in the game and turned his act around
like he said he would
. His shadow will be extremely evil though.

This is wonderful. Is RPGMaker good enough to incorporate voice acting? If so, I can record some dialogue for my boss character while I work on a project for Armada :O

Yep you can use voice acting in Rpgmaker. If most people get on board, we could voice a significant portion of the in game characters.

What other project are you and Armada working on?

Whelp I just saw a famitsu page. WHELP

OH HELL YESSSSSSSSSSS

FluxWaveZ

Calling it now. He'll be a 'good guy' in the game and turned his act around like he said he would. His shadow will be extremely evil though.

That makes sense, since he's running around warning people so that the world doesn't get messed up.
Pretty much the opposite of the character's goal before. A tale of redemption?

CorvoSol

I was bored, so I made Makoto, Yu and Clara in Lego format. Some liberties had to be taken due to the medium. No idea, for instance, how to do a miniskirt and knee socks with lego legs. Also I couldn't find a white kerchief to call Makoto's headphones, nor could I find a face less cheerful for him. Also no blue hair pieces in anything akin to his style.

Frankly P4 Protag is the one who turned out best. That smug grin and the Obi Wan Kenobi hair work.

Also please pretend those are automobile/school logos and not aeroplanes. Kthanx.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
That makes sense, since he's running around warning people so that the world doesn't get messed up.
Pretty much the opposite of the character's goal before. A tale of redemption?
That'd be pretty badass. It'd be lame if he was just a villain again.
I curious to see how Yosuke will take to him...

Edit: just saw a scan, HE LOOKS AMAZING
Adachi
, I will master you!

Are me and Pepsiman a pairing.

How cute and/or cool will I be in this RPG

I need answers

(Awesome work so far, I'm gonna go in hard on this once my finals are done!)

Hopefully, I can make you look as good as Mr Morooka lol. Just jk.

Dont read to much into those portraits, they're stock images. While we could use them, or even use a character generator, the long term plan is to get Dantis, Chet, amarda etc on board to design some character artwork. Ridley has already agreed to help us.

if the others decide not to participate, we could just use the character generator as a last resort. Relying on Ridley, myself and a few others may be a little troublesome. Then again, maybe it wont. We wont know for sure until we begin production.

I use those portraits and created those quick backgrounds to show you all whats possible. The final product would hopefully look a million times better.

Ooooh this'll be great!
I'd also like to do some voice recording if you'll have me, first time doing something like this though.
It's not too late to change roles I'm assuming?

Everyone is welcome to do any role. Changing at this stage is also fine.

Alright, I went the full $12. I am ready to begin working whenever, just say the word Lulu~

I would gladly record some lines if you need a lot of people.

Thanks

Alright, I went the full $12. I am ready to begin working whenever, just say the word Lulu~

I would gladly record some lines if you need a lot of people.

Sweet. What should my tone/volume be? Do you want straight goofy, or some seriousness thrown in there too?

Its hard to say without having a script or any idea what the character looks like, etc. Id probably say do a few practice lines for now in both a goofy tone and serious tone.

Speaking of which, we're going to need someone to manage and direct the voice actors. Would you be willing to do such a job? If we can split everyone into teams (voice acting team; art team; programming team; writing team etc), we'd be alot more organised and proceed much quicker.

http://i.imgur.com/XrqyTWO.png

Its hard to say without having a script or any idea what the character looks like, etc. Id probably say do a few practice lines for now in both a goofy tone and serious tone.

Speaking of which, we're going to need someone to manage and direct the voice actors. Would you be willing to do such a job? If we can split everyone into teams (voice acting team; art team; programming team; writing team etc), we'd be alot more organised and proceed much quicker.

I can handle the VA team! I'm rather picky about this sort of thing, so I'll be sure to deliver the best possible lines!

I can handle the VA team! I'm rather picky about this sort of thing, so I'll be sure to deliver the best possible lines!

Awesome. Thanks man, ill update the list tomorrow with you as team leader of the voice actors.

It looks like
Adachi's
title is
The Egotistical Cabbage Criminal

Suits him well if you ask me. Im guessing we'll see a trailer of him next week.

that is a supremely lame title for a ton of cool ones they could have given him. Cabbage has nothing to do with the guy except a lame joke that sprang out of a single unvoiced line of dialog in P4 lol

Oh wow, how totally in character for Arena to give
Adachi
a title like that. Cabbage is mentioned like, what, once in Persona 4? Dumb referential titles are fine, but give me something that's actually based on the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom