• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superior Devil May Cry 4 Official Thread (new VIDEO 4/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
if the embargo is lifted blim should try to get a demo and capture hd footage of it, that would be GODLY :D

edit: I used too know the timeline, but thats not so important at the moment, my question is: Is it possible for dante to have Alastor in DMC4? or doesnt the timeline allow it, cause Alastor in next-gen would be amazing.

BlizzyAzz

AAK said:
DMC%20046.jpg

Sorry, but Dante has been replaced.

And I do agree that Capcom should go back to DMC1 to look at music tracks.
And they should get rid of the vocals, it doesn't fit IMO.

Those screens are awesome. I guess the embargo is lifted?

QFT! At least they should remove the vocals!

AAK

gconsole said:
Dear Capcom

Please change the music composer :(

I want Masami Ueda music style back!

QFT. He will be missed. Capcom were foolish for losing such talent.

But I can't wait to see what he makes for Seed's first project.

Ceb

gconsole said:
Dear Capcom

Oh shit, I didn't really think about his absence. The stuff he did for RE is legendary, and the first DMC soundtrack was also very good... :(

The only good part of DMC3's soundtrack is the jukebox in stage 3 that plays the regular fight theme from DMC1 for a couple seconds. :(

All of the new images look so awesome.

DMC%20033.jpg

Now this is a badass looking Dante.

Oh and wait are these still the same two stages we've been seeing for awhile? That's total shit****inghot.

RyuHayate

Okay, I know a whole lot about the game except for this: will Nero and Dante's adventure be split or can we start and finish the game without touching one character? I only ask because it seems that both characters will be kicking Berial's ass.

AAK

PepsimanVsJoe said:
The only good part of DMC3's soundtrack is the jukebox in stage 3 that plays the regular fight theme from DMC1 for a couple seconds. :(

Yes, that was Public Enemy, great track. Absolutely felicitous to the stylish hard action them of the game.

The best tracks in the DMC universe are unquestionably Ultraviolet and Flockoff. They need to have them in some shape or form in DMC4. There were both too epic to let pass.

RyuHayate

AAK said:
Yes, that was Public Enemy, great track. Absolutely felicitous to the stylish hard action them of the game.

The best tracks in the DMC universe are unquestionably Ultraviolet and Flockoff. They need to have them in some shape or form in DMC4. There were both too epic to let pass.

AGREED. I get chills every time I hear 'em.

One plus for having the 360 version is that you can download the battle tracks and play them anytime you want.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
AAK said:
OH MY GOD!!!!

DMC4 IS GOTY 2008 hands down.

Man, this is incredible!!!! My jaw is stuck on the floor. The art direction and draw distance is breath taking. And it's so awesome that they are introducing Onimusha 3's charged hits.

Seriously, screw Dante, Nero looks more fun than he ever was.

2007 my dude. 2007.

AAK

I'm just assuming its 2008 because I don't ever recall them saying a specific release date. So I guessed it was safe to say it won't be ready for the 2007 holiday season.

gconsole said:
Dear Capcom

If I remember well Masami is now working in Seeds. I liked DMC3 soundtrack but sometimes the vocal tracks are annoying and repetitive but I think Shawn McPherson make a decent job.

The video is awesome, the animation quality is amazing and the new moves are cool, maybe Nero´s arm is too much but we will see how it worksin the final version.

RyuHayate said:
AGREED. I get chills every time I hear 'em.

One plus for having the 360 version is that you can download the battle tracks and play them anytime you want.

Doh of course! I'm so totally doing that when I get this.

Helloooooo near-infinite air combos :) can't wait to see what can be jump cancelled in this game. Loving Nero's repertoire of sword moves; I'm quite happy to see that he does something Aerial Rave-ish.

I just finished reading the article on Meristation and Hideaki Itsuno and Hiroyuki Kobayashi says that the composers of the soundtrack are Shibata (already worked in DMC2 and DMC3 soundtrack) and Shusaku Uchiyama (DMC Technical Cooperation - Sound and RE4 soundtrack composer).

AAK

Kangu said:
Much as I dislike Nero, he does look pretty bad ass holding his massive sword with one hand.

Dude, Nero just proved he's twice the man Dante is. He freaking grabbed a 30 ft demon by the horns and tossed him around for an a**-whoopin! What's there to dislike?

Kosma

Banned
I really like the engine Capcom has made. But the similarities to Lost Planet and Dead Rising are eerie.

Dead Rising
DMC%20055.jpg

Lost Planet

DMC%20008.jpg

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Twice the man dante is, i dont know about that, dont forget dante with the sparda devil trigger was uber powerfull too.

Theyre both badass, i like em both, when i first saw the screens a while ago i doubted nero but the trailer made all the doubts go away :)

AAK

Kangu said:
Ebony & Ivory >> Hand cannon

Blue Rose can juggle multiple enemies simultaneously! And its flashier

Beckham>>>>> Tidus with a wig

Tidus can beat the snot out of Beckham with that wig

Instant style switching >=< Demon hand

Styles is so last gen

Dunpeal

Banned
I hope the story is much better than last entries in the series and that there's more badass characters like Vergil.

I like Dante, but i wish the humour was a bit more darker and he was more of a plain badass instead of a joker.

Dunpeal said:
I hope the story is much better than last entries in the series and that there's more badass characters like Vergil.

I like Dante, but i wish the humour was a bit more darker and he was more of a plain badass instead of a joker.
So you basically want Vergil to be playable?

antiloop

DMC%20033.jpg

Best pic for sure. Definition of good art. The boss fight in the video was awesome also, maybe they should do a fighting game spin-off. How he slammed that creature to the ground just looked so cool. :)

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
BBQGASM! Omfg I can't wait for this to come out on 360! OMFG!!! Looks GODLY!!! I can smell and sense the badass action just from the pics..

Ginko

Shit! The environment is gorgeous. Now this is DMC next gen alright. Nero adds a whole lot to the possibilities of the DMC engine, with his new moves and attacks, I bet we'll see some crazy combos!

Ceb

jett said:
Hah, I was gonna make the same comparison. I remember feeling disappointed with the graphics shown in the E32k5 trailer of DMC4...LOL.

Umm, you mean you think the old pic looks better? Save for the hair and impeccable IQ, nothing looks downgraded. New Dante's face looks much better, artistically.

I wonder why they went with rolled up sleeves for both Nero and Dante though. It always looks so low-poly and weird seeing those octagonal arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom